JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Sep 15, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #3,292 of 4,826
Anyone measure the pads? I'm thinking they standard sized pads. Maybe 90mm by 75mm. Tons of hard pleathery 55x types of pads on eBay and amazon for under $10. Just ended up finding a few pair for Yamaha Pro 500, as I'm trying to find better pads for that phone.those are 75mm rounds FYI, if anyone cares.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #3,294 of 4,826
Never measured em but i did manage to barely fit some beyer velours many months ago. I think it is a fairly standard size but actually round instead of the oval shape many are

Key word: barely

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #3,295 of 4,826
Personally, for desktop I have not desire for Hardware EQ. I use shibatch EQ for winamp and take advantage of the power of my amp to just turn the volume up and turn high frequencies down. Right now, I'm a bit dissatisfied with phone EQs in comparison to my desktop so maybe hardware EQ is my only option. The phone EQs work to a level of satisfaction, but my desktop EQ just kicks it's ass

Now you know why I consider hardware EQ king. You can only do so much with a software EQ program running on a device with a poor DAC built in. I use Poweramp and I am 50% satisfied with the EQ built into it. Cause of course its a very nice music player software, and the EQ does work, just not as good as a real device. I've been told that Neutron is a good app as well with EQ, but I've never used it before so I can't tell you for sure.

Unless someone discovers something I have not, you can't get an external equalizer for a portable phone on the go. BTW, I didn't know that they had Winamp for the phone, infact, I thought Winamp went gone with the dinosaur, its a 90's piece of software afterall lol. Oh how I remember those days...

WINAMP!!! WINAMP!!! WINAMP!!! It really woops that lama's *** Baahhh HAHA LOL! :D

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #3,297 of 4,826
Winamp was the best. Did everything, had awesome plugins and the skins man. Some really awesome skins for it. Loved me some winamp.

I loved Winamp too man, for the very reasons you described. I wasn't heavy into use of plugins, never really was, but the skins man, oh ya, and the best part is that the program was free! How many apps backs then could you say that about? Today the only player I've used that gets close to what Winamp was is Poweramp, Poweramp allows you to skin it, and there are tons of skins out there for it. Its got a lot of options in it and comes with EQ built in, so no need to hunt down a plugin to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back