JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Sep 15, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #3,308 of 4,826
  Any of you guys ever try the HP-DX1000 from JVC? They look amazing.

I haven't actually, arn't those JVC's most expensive headphones sold? You would think that the wooden backing would give more sound resonance for the bass. Or are those actually plastic made to look like wood? lol It looks like they use different pads then what the SZ line uses. I am honestly surprised that nobody from Head-FI has started a custom headphone accessories store. It be cool to go to a person's store and pickout pads that match the headphones via a drop down box.

Of, if your one of them folks that like to convert your headphones to a detachable cable design, then you could pick out a cable mod accessory package that comes with tools needed, instructions, plus the new thick 1/4 inch diameter cable lol. OOOOO, I just thought of something really cool, inline volume control pod to go with said cable. I am getting into heavy waters now. A member on Head-FI should start a store to make the water thinner hehe. :p

I would personally if I had some skill, and had a penny to my name. But I am more likely to as you a penny for your thoughts so ya.
beyersmile.png

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #3,309 of 4,826
Yeah, they are like $700+. Them pads look like the most comfortable pad I've seen since the marshmallows on the Sony MDR-XB1000's. And an online custom headphone accessory store is a genius idea! Somebody would get rich off that.

Sep 15, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #3,312 of 4,826
I just watched that video too, playing my favorite tune that hits hard and real low. I swear, those cans are on their level, and don't worry, they won't be seen in the bar without some paper, cause once you see how hard them suckers hit, your going to drop that glass and spit in shock. I on the other hand would say, tell the paper to stop hogging them cans, I need to experience these right now yo. Picture me head banging while wearing them
L3000.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #3,315 of 4,826
Hey all,

Without reading through 200 pages of info in this thread (I plan to do that over the next week or so), is anyone able to tell me how these compare to the Yamaha Pro 500, in mid-treble range ? I'm looking to replace my Yamaha's as the head-band has snapped and are no longer under warranty, and the sz2000's look impressive for a bass-head like me !

They will be driven with a Firestone Audio Fireye HDB (I LOVE this headphone amp!!!!) via Samsung S6 with flac audio generally.

A brief through this thread indicates they're quite well suited to electronic/hiphop music which would be 85%+ of my listening, the other ~15% could literally be anything from Dire Straits to something classical

You by any chance interested in selling the broken pro500? I'm interested in playing around with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back