JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #3,226 of 4,826
Anyway, on to a HA-SZ2000 related discussion. Has anyone noticed a large opening of the sound stage on these phones about 400+ hours in? Or have I truly just trained my brain to the JVC do you think?

Sep 11, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #3,227 of 4,826
I have noticed as well. Also the clarity and deets are more noticble also. I personally think that with these phones its a matter of brain burn-in. I'm not even sure that carbon fiber nanotubes could even possibly loosen up or burn-in. Reguardless, I think they dope ass headphones.  

Sep 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #3,228 of 4,826
I think you are probably right, I've just acclimated to them. I find myself bumping the bass a bit more when listening to my other headphones. Stupid JVC's have spoiled me with that delicious low end, lol.

Sep 11, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #3,229 of 4,826
Another one here definitely convinced that much burn in actually helps soundstage and imaging a ton. I even bought a second used set off Amazon once to A/B with to make sure it wasn't just a mental burn in thing. nope, they sounded way different from one another. You'd have no idea looking at them, but putting them on you heard 2 very different headphones.

I'm sure "400+ hours burn in for best sound!" wouldn't have made the best marketing slogan back before it came the norm to do so :p

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #3,231 of 4,826
So you are the real moderator here? This is an international forum, where many people don't speak perfect english, do not understand when a simple short statement that is intended to not being rude or too pushy will still be received the wrong way. But you decided that you have to immediately come up with the oh so boring moderator reply. And after all, this surely justifies me being called a prick! I am most probably more old than you and still had to look that word up in the dictionary. I hope this forum has an ignore list where I can put you and StarTreker on. Bye.

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #3,232 of 4,826
I agree, these headphone most certainly do burn in over time. While its nice to know that these cans sound better with an amp and some good EQ, its also nice to know that they sound better with age. Makes spending 126 dollars on them worth more IMO.

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #3,233 of 4,826
  So you are the real moderator here? This is an international forum, where many people don't speak perfect english, do not understand when a simple short statement that is intended to not being rude or too pushy will still be received the wrong way. But you decided that you have to immediately come up with the oh so boring moderator reply. And after all, this surely justifies me being called a prick! I am most probably more old than you and still had to look that word up in the dictionary. I hope this forum has an ignore list where I can put you and StarTreker on. Bye.

1. I doubt you're older, but even if you are, what could that possibly matter?

2. Don't try to hide behind not speaking perfect english, because not one person is fooled into thinking you didn't know your statement was condescending.

3. I'm done with this. We're too busy discussing our impressions of the JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 headphones.

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #3,234 of 4,826
  I agree, these headphone most certainly do burn in over time. While its nice to know that these cans sound better with an amp and some good EQ, its also nice to know that they sound better with age. Makes spending 126 dollars on them worth more IMO.

You got them that cheap? Nicely done. You buy them used?

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #3,235 of 4,826

You got them that cheap? Nicely done. You buy them used?

Nope, bought them brand new on Amazon, they were 126 dollars at the time. Let me grab the exact link where I bought them, should be around same price still, but Amazon prices do jump like rabbits often. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CIQ88UI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #3,236 of 4,826
I have seen new prices on amazon go from 220 to 140 and back. It's crazy and there is no discernable pattern to it. (for the 2000s at least)

I paid 210 and no regrets (well my gf did she bought them for me last xmas)

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #3,237 of 4,826
I have seen new prices on amazon go from 220 to 140 and back. It's crazy and there is no discernable pattern to it. (for the 2000s at least)

I paid 210 and no regrets (well my gf did she bought them for me last xmas)

Exactly. I happen to know that the SZ1000 was worth 500 when the technology first came out and you had to import from Japan through Tenso. I am sure the SZ2000's were also a 500 or 600 dollar headphone when it first came out. I judge a headphone's financial value on a base average.  So the SZ1000's are now 126 dollars, I value them around 250 dollars, which will be hire so since they are starting to become rare. The SZ2000's right now are being sold around 200 dollars, I value them a 350 dollar headphone. I think what I am trying to say is that the resell value stays high as the supply runs out, the demand will begin to climb as more bassheads become aware of these type of cans.

I hope JVC is keeping a watchful eye on this thread and the demand for them from bassheads, as I really would like them to start producing these cans again.

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #3,238 of 4,826
I would love to see JVC make new bass bombers too but I think they'd have to aim for a 300-max street price to see any success on it. Like you said hopefully the renewed interest in the SZ line in the last couple years helps things but, again, who knows - the SZ line is not even all that old. A worldwide release would help tons too.

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #3,239 of 4,826
I'd love to see a new JVC headphone series aimed at the bassheads. Something sub $300 for the top end and definitely sticking with the carbon nanotubes.
L3000.gif

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #3,240 of 4,826
I dunno...headphone craze is over. All the lifestyle phones(which I Like) are all clearanced out and replaced with iems. Wired is also not the rage anymore. Everyone(mass market) wants Bluetooth earphones now. Would love JVC to do something else with this technology, but have a feeling they lost their asses over the whole deal and have just washed their hands clean of it.

Interested in them Sony's but damn, 2000 duckets???.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back