JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 30, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #1,336 of 3,271
Quote:
Hey guys I need a few opinions here. In ready for a new in ear and currently have been rocking out to the gr07. Overall I just want better sound but if I have one gripe about the vsonic it's the simbilence of the highs that can get fatiguing. I would also like a bit more mid/sub bass. So I was thinking, either I get the 100/200 or I wait to see how the gr08, t-peos h-200, and the asg-2's do. Also I have been looking at the heir 3.ai as well. Should I wait?

As a GR07 MkII owner I say they pretty much fit the bill.  To me the apparent sibilance never went completely away but I think I adjusted to it well enough that it was only an issue infrequently, at least when running out of my DragonFly.  I stopped using them on days where I had to run straight from Nexus phone.

That said if you can wait, and esp. if cost is an issue, I'd probably do so.  I was waiting initially for the GR08 (now the GR7007 or something?) yet took the plunge as the hype here got the best of me.  Obviously I'm pleased enough that my objectivity should be in question, but I have a feeling the new VSonic and T-Peos are both going to be pretty special and am looking forward to comparisons as they come to market. 

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #1,337 of 3,271
I don't see why people are offended by calling a duck a duck. All I said was that the review took all the sentiments in the thread and condensed it into a few paragraphs.

Talking about bass is like preaching to the choir. Take it to the Etymotic thread 
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #1,339 of 3,271
I'm missing something. Who got offended? Anyway, with nearly 100 hours on the FXZ100 (I'm probably over) and the Senn double-flanges I'm just ecstatic over the FXZ100 sound. Bass + transparency + forward vocals - recessed mids = audio bliss to my ears. Really the only earphone I'm digging more than the FXZ100 right now is my 1964 EARS V6 (and the TDK BA200 and IE800 aren't too far behind those two in enjoyment, but can't beat the JVC and 1964 EARS). Oh, I would probably put my W4 with the TDKs in enjoyment of earphones I own right now.

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #1,341 of 3,271
Quote:
@bobeu.I just skimmed the review and picked up on part of it. Was it aggessive or demeaining towards bassheads? It's all in fun probably. But sometimes when a button is pushed it can elicit a response.....I love bass too, When I go see a live show, I love a good gut punch and I wiggle my way right up to the monitors and full stacks to insure I get a visceral impact. I'm just not sure I want that in a headphone. But it's good to have options in life I guess....and it's already been stated, that these aren't so much overly punchy or artificial in ways some basshead cans are. These are no jayz's or whatever....

I guess here's the thing - what exactly is a basshead?  To me it's someone given the choice of quantity over quality, they would choose quantity.  They just love their bass.  I love good bass, but I would choose quality over quantity - not just in the bass itself, but how it affects the whole sonic signature.

Put it another way (just bringing my personal context into this) - at home I run some Magnepan MMGs.  I have a small 8" floor powered sub from my previous home theatre setup.  I tried in vain to get it to work, but in the end deactivated the sub, it just didn't have the speed to keep up and no futzing with the crossover and levels was going to fix it for all things.  From what I understand the cheapest proper sub to run w/ those speakers would cost about twice what I paid for the speakers themselves, just not worth it to me.  They barely do anything under 50hz but what they do they do it really well, and that sub was 'effing that thing up.

Somewhere back I wrote something like "it would be a disservice to write these off as basshead phones" and I stand by that.  I didn't purchase these because they're awesome bass phones.  I purchased them because there was a little too much "holy cr*p, these are awesome!" to ignore, esp. and most importantly Currawong's report.  I would have gotten the 100s instead if people who own both said those were essentially equal but decidedly more neutral - even if price were the same, but from what I recall the handful of owners of both in this thread have ended up preferring the 200s, so that was that. 

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #1,342 of 3,271
bobeu, you've pointed out an important thing. integrating bass into the overall sound scheme. with the magnepans it's tough, I agree, It's trying to integrate a dynamic cone with a ribbon. But even in an all dynamic driver setup, integrating bass into the sound is a delicate art it seems.......we almost left the bass subject to discuss miles' horn, but it didn't take
smile.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #1,343 of 3,271
Quote:
I think it will come down to when talking about the FXZ200 if you like bass in your music or not. They are versatile for me but others might have a different take on them, again bass preference is the key here. For me when the bass is done like the way it is on the FXZ200. It is hard not to love the sound but that is just me. 

So I would say the safe one to go with is the FXZ100. The FXZ200 is the supercharged version. You don't want your music supercharged go with the FXZ100.

I will also say. Do not overlook the FXZ100s. I know the majority of the posts here is in regard to the FXZ200 but the FXZ100 is outstanding for what they are. Like you guys wouldn't believe. For many the FXZ100s will actually be the better earphones over the FXZ200..

Kind of reminds me of the HD600 vs the HD650.  Although both are similar they both had bass difference.  

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #1,344 of 3,271
Thanks for the response. Yea they named it the V7007 after AKG's creation which I find really lame. I think i'll wait around and make my decision when comparisons can be made between these headphones. And also, the GR07's pretty much fit my bill as well besides a few minor things that I would like changed and even the bass was good enough I'm just being picky haha.

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #1,345 of 3,271
Freakin' BEARS 
mad.gif

Okay, back to the music. My bad head-fiers. 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #1,347 of 3,271
Quote:
it came with my m21 but I think these are those that I'm talking about:

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts3-tf-l-35-cl.htm

it doesn't say m21 for some reason but it should be it. mind that it has wider bore than the tips that come with m6...

Thanks for the link, I ordered three pair to compare to the double flange I have been using!

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #1,350 of 3,271
Quote:
Would I be correct if I imagined the FXZ-200 as a much more refined and upgraded MH1C?

If it is, I'm probably about to sell some stuff...

Quote:
 i think Ds said the Sony XBA 3 is an upgrade of the MH1Cs and these JVC FXZs are an upgrade to those XBA-3s. LoL

Yes, and Yes. I still love my XBA-3s but the FXZ100 is one over them. The FXZ200s is my favorite. 

In my collection right now as it stands. It is FXZ200> FXZ100>=CKS1000 >XBA-3.. I like owning an earphone no one else owns on all of headfi.. Yes I am talking about my CKS1000..I have one and you don't but truth be told the FXZs are what you guys should be looking at.. If the FXZs didn't exist I would be all about the CKS1000 right about now. But because they do exist. It is one for the collection. Everyone gotta own a FXZ..Remember.. "Oh these? (pause) They are my subs!"

Gotta say it with pride. You just ain't uber sound geek without one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back