JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #1,367 of 3,271
Quote:
Treble extends farther....but this is just impression with no burn in on both. Picks will come soon:D

Coolios, you know what they say, words are cheap, a picture is worth a thousand words, etc, etc.
hey you know what will even be better, your artistic pics of them FXZ200s with them cheapo batman dark-knight iems together.  Man i am hyped to see that.

Thanks dood i knew you would not leave me hanging like that.

Can't wait for them pics!

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #1,369 of 3,271
Quote:

Have to wonder how the new from Japan Sony  XBA-30's and XBA-40's sound, or if they are only cosmetic changes to the XBA series. Still, depending on if and how much improvement, then they could rival the FXZ200's, don't you think??

Ya I am thinking they retuned the XBA-30 and XBA-40.  A bit more toward the Sony sound meaning. Less highs more forward mids. Not too many guys own both the XBA-3 and a XBA-30 to compare if anybody.  but it will be interesting to know if there are some changes.. Would be cool for people that rub elbows with Sony folk asked to give all of us headfiers an answer.. That would be cool..

I do have the XBA-30 on my want list. I am gonna wait for the cost to come down a bit before I get one. The funny thing is the XBA-40 cost something like $200 on amazon japan but the XBA-30 cost around $184ish.

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #1,370 of 3,271
Quote:
Ya I am thinking they re-tuned the XBA-30 and XBA-40.  A bit more toward the Sony sound meaning. Less highs more forward mids. Not too many guys own both the XBA-3 and a XBA-30 to compare if anybody.  but it will be interesting to know if there are some changes.. Would be cool for people that rub elbows with Sony folk asked to give all of us headfiers an answer.. That would be cool..

I do have the XBA-30 on my want list. I am gonna wait for the cost to come down a bit before I get one. The funny thing is the XBA-40 cost something like $200 on amazon japan but the XBA-30 cost around $184ish.

I have both the xba-3 and xba-4. Wouldn't mind trying  and comparing the two models If I had some extra funds but thanks to X-mas, I don't. Those prices direct from Amazon Japan are crazy low compared to US ebay.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #1,372 of 3,271
Well seems my iem's are 'on hold' pending payment.

Im really hoping that's their automated system screwing up, as i did pay up on saturday.

Edit - Yay!!! it's on vehicle for delivery!!!!

Subs ahoy matey!!

I think the expression - like a kid at christmas is rather apt.
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #1,374 of 3,271
finally got my fxz200 in.

i was expecting more sub bass/mid bass. the cks77 has more or each i believe, but still braining so time will tell.

Sound stage is bigger than eh 100 though. they are already very imersive out of the box. if bass quantity doesn't pick up which id doint think it will, i will have to pull out my zo2.

Also these are much harder to drve than any of my other iems.    

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #1,376 of 3,271
Huxley when i got my box it looked like it had been opened. think it might have been customs.

For my quick test i just used my S2 phone which is know is crap source. for proper listening i will be using a denon avr 1911.

the medium tips seemed the best for me. will re check this post burn.  

burning in now with drum and bass and a zo2 connected.

hang in there bro  you have your 200s soon! it crazy that our American cousin get stuff from Japan so much quicker than us and with out taxes.

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #1,377 of 3,271
Quote:
Huxley when i got my box it looked like it had been opened. think it might have been customs.

For my quick test i just used my S2 phone which is know is crap source. for proper listening i will be using a denon avr 1911.

the medium tips seemed the best for me. will re check this post burn.  

burning in now with drum and bass and a zo2 connected.

hang in there bro  you have your 200s soon! it crazy that our American cousin get stuff from Japan so much quicker than us and with out taxes.

Even the denon will be a poor source, i know i have an avr 1802 here.
But poor how they left it tardy, sound like some kid at customs got excited when he saw them, i know i would.

I have a fair few decent sources i can play with, it'll probably pair with my fuze/p4 warbler very well, but i also have a rocoo and c3 to play with

My smsl fort dac will probably be best id imagine, anyway keep playing, im getting terribly impatient, tracking says it's on the van so i know they're coming.

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #1,378 of 3,271
Ok got my 200's, and with stock mediums i get a perfect seal.

First things, these seem picky about their source, with my galaxy nexus they're very good, they especially love my colourfly c3.

I'll play with the rocoo, as im really digging the c3 atm, powers them quite well i might add.

But with my fuze/p4 it just isn't happening. They sound good but there's no cohesion, the music seems out of tune no matter how much i played with the eq.

They just don't get along.

But so far im liking what i hear, the bass is a bit woolen at times, and im picking up what feels like a treble spike, might be around 13khz or so?

But like all jvc's i'll give them a good hammering, that'll sort them out.

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #1,379 of 3,271
Quote:
Ok got my 200's, and with stock mediums i get a perfect seal.

First things, these seem picky about their source, with my galaxy nexus they're very good, they especially love my colourfly c3.

I'll play with the rocoo, as im really digging the c3 atm, powers them quite well i might add.

But with my fuze/p4 it just isn't happening. They sound good but there's no cohesion, the music seems out of tune no matter how much i played with the eq.

They just don't get along.

But so far im liking what i hear, the bass is a bit woolen at times, and im picking up what feels like a treble spike, might be around 13khz or so?

But like all jvc's i'll give them a good hammering, that'll sort them out.

Fancy putting some nice pictures up to tide me over until mine arrive? 

Cant wait!

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #1,380 of 3,271
Quote:

Fancy putting some nice pictures up to tide me over until mine arrive? 

Cant wait!

Certainly will do, bit hectic in the household atm, but soon as it settles down i'll fire some up.

you'll really like these ryan, they seem to be pretty decent all rounders as well.

I know my short review seems harsh, but trust me im picky so will pick out what faults i can.

They are a cracking iem for sure.

Oh gawd these are good for rock, now that does surprise me.

But for dance/trance with all that bass and wide stage, yup love that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back