Just ordered Beyerdynamic Tesla.
Jun 12, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #31 of 38

Quote:
Based on several people here giving me their recommendations and from other who own the cans I ordered the Tesla T1 today and hopefully will have them midweek. I am looking forward to auditioning them and hopefully they will be what I am looking for to complete my hunger for awhile. Thanks to Skylab,MacedonianHero and Sleepyhollow for their advice and help. Look forward to posting impressions when I get them.

congratz Frank !

As much i respect the LD Mark 2 tube amp, can it still be up to task in driving the T1's ?
popcorn.gif

Jun 12, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #32 of 38

Quote:
congratz Frank !

As much i respect the LD Mark 2 tube amp, can it still be up to task in driving the T1's ?
popcorn.gif

Thanks and I do not know if the LD will be a good match but the Matrix should be a great match . If they dont work well guess they will go back lol. How does your LD do with the 600 ohms.

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #33 of 38

Quote:
I completely agree with immtbiker - they are my absolute favorite dynamic
headphone. They aren't flashy - but they're very natural sounding - in a way most headphones just can't achieve.

I don't agree all that much, but I take immtbiker's comments on board. I do intend to keep them for as long as necessary. I do like the sound signature in general, but the comfort is an issue. It's probably not hard to solve... I have for example made a very simple, reversible mod to the headband of the HE90 in order to be able to be able to wear them for extended periods (not that I do these days... ironically the dynamics get far more head time since they are in the home office where I spend a *lot* of time these days following the toiletisation of my business, but anyhoo). But the unmodded 90 is actually, I would say, more comfortable to me than the T1... so it would be starting from behind.

Jun 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #35 of 38
I decided to hold off on the T1 after reading the entire Beyerdynamic thread. The thing concerning me most is that many did not feel they were worth the asking price. After listening to my 701 I  still find them very transparent and very enjoyable. So I passed.

Jun 13, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #36 of 38
Anything over an HD595 is debatable in terms of 'worth'. I do however like to see an improvement, regardless of the size of said improvement.

The jury's out for the T1 at the moment as to whether it's just a different character to  the likes of the HD650, or actually better in some respect. I might have to buy more comparison phones and take the hit on reselling the ones I don't like here or elsewhere.

Jun 13, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:
Impulse purchase. Having been out of 'it' for a while I didn't know this existed until I stumbled across it. I think it was the earcup patterns and the arm design in the photos which reeled me in.

Just how much of a huge mistake am I making?

I just made the same mistake last night.  If we both go to Hell for it, I hope we get there with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back