Just ordered Beyerdynamic Tesla.
Jun 1, 2010 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
Impulse purchase. Having been out of 'it' for a while I didn't know this existed until I stumbled across it. I think it was the earcup patterns and the arm design in the photos which reeled me in.

I don't mind: HD650, HE/V90, O2, K701.
Not so keen on: Qualia 010, SA5000, PS-1, GS1000, AH-Danything

I thought I'd pair it up with the A.N.T. Audio Emerald prototype, which has collected dust over a couple of years, and see what happens. As much as the HD650's have outlasted every other high-end dynamic here, I would actually like a change.

Just how much of a huge mistake am I making?

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 38
No mistake at all, at least your spending on quality craftsmanship and putting some money back into the right places in the economy!

The man with the most gadget wins.

Tom. 

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #5 of 38
Jun 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #6 of 38
No mistake, the T1 will not offend anyone.  It is a very lush, detailed, comfortable sound that makes everything sound great, and given your likes and dislikes, I think you made a great purchase.

Jun 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #7 of 38
I am very pleased with my T1 and intend to keep it indefinitely.  Some days it is my favorite headphone of all I have ever heard, and other days it is second only behind the Senn HD800, still a great showing.  

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #8 of 38
I don't think you'll be disappointed.  I'd find it hard to believe anyone could be disappointed with the T1s.

Speaking sonically, I have a pair of LA7000 Lites which are pretty euphonic, and a pair of HD800s which are quite neutral, and then the T1s that sit in between them.  Because the T1s were in the middle, and I liked both the LA7000s and the HD800s so much, three times now I've been at the point where I was just about ready to sell my T1s.  Then I would put them on and have a listen for a while, and every time I realized that I simply can't sell them.  Despite the fact that they don't have much of a place in my headphone stable, they're simply so good that I can't justify selling such an excellent pair of cans.

What an expensive hobby we have.

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #11 of 38
If you don't like the T1 just buy some skullcandies and call it a day
tongue.gif
!  The sound reproduction is of the best I've ever heard.

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #14 of 38
These cans are Insane. I auditioned a couple of songs with them, and the details, mids and bass were perfect. 

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #15 of 38

Quote:
If you don't like the T1 just buy some skullcandies and call it a day
tongue.gif
!  The sound reproduction is of the best I've ever heard.

Or get into orthodynamics... I have a hard time understanding how a 55$ Fostex T50RP can sound more real and life like. the T1 is the best dynamic headphone I have heard though I think I dare to say that unless different amping change the picture entirely. Only running through my receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back