Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Mar 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #9,991 of 11,345
Quote:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_66627_NVX-XRE100A.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productads&gclid=CPHc6of43rUCFQ2nnQod1kkA5A

They are pads the that come with the NVX version of an Fischer FA-003 Clone/ Brainwavz hm5.  Angled pleather pads, these could be interesting for those unoffended by pleather.

I'm thinking about these guys.. $25 including shipping is pretty good.  I wish I could hear from someone who had tried them.

Mar 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #9,993 of 11,345
Quote:

I'm thinking about these guys.. $25 including shipping is pretty good.  I wish I could hear from someone who had tried them.

I just found em only a couple days ago... I doubt anyone has tried it out just yet.  I would say it's safe to assume the sound will be very similar to FA-003/HM5 pads they are based off of.  For obvious reasons, they will not sound the same since the depth due to the angle will be different.  Additionally, there is no way to guarantee they are the same type of pleather used in all the other clones of the Fischer original.  I will probably order a pair, however, since I never tried any of the FA-003HM5 pads or their revisions, I won't be much help comparing them.  I always felt my t50rps had better soundstage with a slight angle.  By the look, these have a pretty steep angle.  

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #9,994 of 11,345
Wow this is brilliant. I was just about to post about getting new pads for my T50RPs. The Shure pads are not big enough for my ears.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/accessories/ohrmuschelsatz-13.html

I was looking at the Beyer pleater, and the Beyer Gel pads. Are those Fischer pads comfortable?

---
Edit: Wow those look niiiice (and theyre quite cheap). I'll probably order them later today.

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #9,995 of 11,345
I haven't ever tried them, but I've heard the Beyer gel pads are the best you can get for seal/isolation. I imagine that would result in some pretty good bass. 

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #9,997 of 11,345
I just dismantled an old pair of Sennheiser HD205 II's (that have been laying in the closet unused for years) and stole the headband pad from them. I attached it to my T50rp, so now they feel as good as they sound. I was about to purchase a headband pad from this same headphone online and then I remembered that I have a pair that I don't use anymore. 

EDIT: These are definitely very comfortable now. :)

Mar 7, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #9,998 of 11,345
Just waking this thread up with a couple pictures. Notice the headband pad...

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #10,000 of 11,345
Would the t50rp's be fine from a portable source such as the cowon z2?

They may sound OK with the Cowan, however, the Fostex really bloom with a more powerful headphone amp. I originally drove my Fostex with an iBasso D10 portable. I thought that was pretty good, however, I now have a Project Sunrise II, and I could never go back.....in fact I will sell the iBasso D10. The modified Fostex and the Project Sunrise II are an amazing combination. Of course, that combination requires a DAC.

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #10,003 of 11,345
Cross posting here and in the measurements thread:

Has anyone tried just drilling a ton of holes in the cups and making the T50rp open backed? I know DBV tried opening up another set of vents (and hence the moniker of "double bass vents" which has lost it's original meaning but the naming remained), but has anyone gone further than that? 

There's also the silly voice in my head that says after I've transplanted these drivers into the COP, I should try an open backed Sennheiser next... 

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #10,004 of 11,345
Armaegis, i don't think anyone (no offense bmf) has done as many ott & ootb t50 mods as you ... i  say "go for it & let us know"  ... you are just one wild & crazy guy 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back