Joining the Little Dot Family
Feb 3, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #376 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyPythizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What socket are the power tubes? I know the driver tubes are EF92.
Can you recommend me some for the rear, oh, that sounds duuurty.

I was just about to hit the BIN button, until they came and got me for work
frown.gif

LMAO, I blew coffee all over my monitor!
biggrin.gif

The best, and I mean everyone I know with the LDII++ believes this to be the best, tube for power is: Uly 6S19P-V (6c19pi-B) NOS Little Dot Amp, Darkvoice - eBay (item 280197525617 end time Feb-08-08 18:24:00 PST)

This is just an example, you may find better prices for like 8 or 10 from one of the Russian sellers on ebay. Have a good one!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #377 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

The best, and I mean everyone I know with the LDII++ believes this to be the best, tube for power is: Uly 6S19P-V (6c19pi-B) NOS Little Dot Amp, Darkvoice - eBay (item 280197525617 end time Feb-08-08 18:24:00 PST)

This is just an example, you may find better prices for like 8 or 10 from one of the Russian sellers on ebay. Have a good one!
smily_headphones1.gif

Does LDII++ compatibility imply MKIII compatibility as well?

Feb 3, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #378 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does LDII++ compatibility imply MKIII compatibility as well?

Not in power tubes.

The LDII++ uses EF91+92 DRIVER tubes and so does the MKII + MKIII, so you could read up on impressions for driver tubes tried in the LDII++ for insight.

Power tubes is a totally different story. You have to stick with 6N6P compatibles with the MKII + MKIII.

Have a good one!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #379 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I ended up buying those ones (the driver tubes, way above) and left a comment for him if he finds any shielded Mullards to let me know that he can sell them to me, without the hassle of an auction :p

Ah, good ole EBayers, they always have the AOL email addresses, it makes you think back to when "ZOMG ITS TEH EBAYZ, bai all teh stuffz u can n sellz it!!!" was the motto, well, it still is
frown.gif

This auction is bookmarked, PLEASE guys, DO NOT buy them.

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #380 of 515
Well it's my turn to write that I have received my MKIII and WOW! what a fast shipping. I ordered on Sunday night 27 jan 08,received QC Ok email from David on 29 jan, shipping was started on 30 jan and arrived 5th feb in Montreal,Canada. About 9 days once payment was done.

Also to Canadian interested, the delivery was made EMS-Priority Courier.
The paperwork is written in chineese and the value is written as 615. I assumed 615 Yuan chineese, but when converted it equals about 90$ can.??

Anyway I did not have to pay any customs + taxes, and it was hand delivered.

Did I had a smile or what!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It was very cold, (being minus zero Celcius here),so waited an hour before initial plug in.

I am listening to it now and I have a grin, it will be nice to see the evolution with time....

regards,

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #382 of 515
congrats, now just sit tight and wait for the package delivered to your home
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #383 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck94022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my order (Mk IVse) shipped under the wire! Mine was perhaps the last one David shipped before the holiday. It is in transit now, can't wait to get it and give it a listen!

Congratulations! Shipping is fast, so maybe Monday, Tuesday next week? You are going to be so happy, I'm almost envious, and I already have one!
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #384 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck94022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my order (Mk IVse) shipped under the wire! Mine was perhaps the last one David shipped before the holiday. It is in transit now, can't wait to get it and give it a listen!

I ordered a MKIII about 12 hours before the deadline
smily_headphones1.gif
It's been fun getting the emails from David stating the little MKIII was entering QC testing, then succeeded and was sent off where I've been tracking it on it's journey overseas... quite the fun adventure. Mine just left customs in San Francisco at 3:49 this afternoon, I'm getting very excited!
I might start shipping empty boxes (cheaper than buying amps) to random people all over the world just to track their adventures!

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:01 AM Post #386 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by sword_yang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tomorrow is the traditional Chinese New Year - the Rat Year, I wish all friend Happy New Year!

Thank you Mr. Yang, and happy New Year to you and yours!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #388 of 515
Quote:

Tomorrow is the traditional Chinese New Year - the Rat Year, I wish all friend Happy New Year!

Yes definitely....Happy New Year to you too, Sword! Thank you for all of our Little Dots & our Little Dot family here @ Head-Fi! Please pass these regards on to David too.

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #389 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a MKIII about 12 hours before the deadline
smily_headphones1.gif
It's been fun getting the emails from David stating the little MKIII was entering QC testing, then succeeded and was sent off where I've been tracking it on it's journey overseas... quite the fun adventure. Mine just left customs in San Francisco at 3:49 this afternoon, I'm getting very excited!
I might start shipping empty boxes (cheaper than buying amps) to random people all over the world just to track their adventures!

Ow, I missed this part! Maybe this week then! Let us know!
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #390 of 515
Quote:

Also for you , yours family, friends and everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR

David , for you to !

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back