Joining the Little Dot Family
Feb 2, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #346 of 515
Basic question: What adapters come with the amp? I just ordered a MKIII but I can't find information on which adapters it comes with. I'm gonna need a 3.5mm female-RCA male adapter, and I would hate to get the amp and be unable to connect a source to it!
Thanks.

Feb 2, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #347 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Basic question: What adapters come with the amp? I just ordered a MKIII but I can't find information on which adapters it comes with. I'm gonna need a 3.5mm female-RCA male adapter, and I would hate to get the amp and be unable to connect a source to it!
Thanks.

Mine came with a Mini-RCA cable, but I think Penchum said his came with RCA-RCA?

Feb 2, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #348 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine came with a Mini-RCA cable, but I think Penchum said his came with RCA-RCA?

Mine also came with the mini-RCA IC, which is good for the headphone outs on my mp3 players, but unfortunately I am temporarily using RadioShack RCA-RCA IC from the Zero to MKIII
confused.gif
. dgbiker1, I also want to get a female mini-RCA because I have a LOC from my ZVM, but I am not finding much of these available(?).

Did I happen to mention that I am LOVING my MKIII!

Feb 2, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #349 of 515
Quote:

Thanks.

Mine had RCA to RCA. But cabling is easy to come but. Just pop down to any electronic store for a cheap set to get you on your way. However,once you are bitten by the modding bug, then you can really spend "BIG $" on audiophile quality interconnect!!

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #350 of 515
So, about my LDII++....

What is the best place to purchase good quality EF92 tubes without having people blowing up the auction price to 55$ a pair?

Even with crappy HD485s (LOVE their bass) this amp makes them sound VERY clear!!!

Just don't push Mr. Dot too much, he makes the drivers bottom out ^_^.

BTW, fyck my Grados, they sound great.... if you don't like bass...

WTS SR-80s, ~125 hours on them, maybe 10 hours on my head.

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #351 of 515
Try Vacuum Tubes Radio Tubes - 5,000 different tubes in stock - Over 10 million tubes! With over 10 million tubes I think they might can help you. I got a pair of "very hard to get" NOS tung-sol 5654/EF95 there for $20/pair. If you know which particular tube/brand you want then email them. Dale or Roy will hopefully find them and give you a photo if required. Plus every tube gets tested too. Now thats is SERVICE!!

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #353 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You get what you pay for, unfortunately. Maybe you can find some Mullard CV131 for a bit cheaper and Ediswan EF92 even cheaper still. But the M-series are really quite good in my opinion.

Unfortunately with Ebay is that you get what you DON'T really want to pay
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #354 of 515
Quote:

Thanks.

Quote:

I am so sorry you guys, this was my bad. I got the MKII and the MKV in at the same time, got the retail bag of goodies mixed up, and looked at the same bag twice (with RCA to RCA in it). I just double checked and I DID get a 3.5 mini to RCA. I'll fix the review right now.
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #355 of 515
Quote:

Mine came with RCA-RCA ( male - male), a 1/4" adaptor (1/4" male - mini female) and a power cord. This is standard, as listed in Appendix B, last page of the manual.

Feb 2, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #356 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am so sorry you guys, this was my bad. I got the MKII and the MKV in at the same time, got the retail bag of goodies mixed up, and looked at the same bag twice (with RCA to RCA in it). I just double checked and I DID get a 3.5 mini to RCA. I'll fix the review right now.
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif

Penchum, do you own a MKIII?

Feb 2, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #357 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethebull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Penchum, do you own a MKIII?

Paid for one, but it won't ship until after the Chinese New Year.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm pretty sure the MKIII has the RCA to RCA's in it's package.
The MKII has the mini to RCA.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #358 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paid for one, but it won't ship until after the Chinese New Year.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm pretty sure the MKIII has the RCA to RCA's in it's package.
The MKII has the mini to RCA.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sunday 27 jan 08, I asked David at LD, when I bought a MKIII, if he could add mini to RCA cables, and he answered sorry we are out of stock, will ship with RCA to RCA cables.

I found some Monster mini to RCA cables , worth $15, that will serve as my first cables for this amp. I am pretty sure it will be an upgrade from stock cables being shipped out with the amp.

regards,

Feb 2, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #359 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sunday 27 jan 08, I asked David at LD, when I bought a MKIII, if he could add mini to RCA cables, and he answered sorry we are out of stock, will ship with RCA to RCA cables.

I found some Monster mini to RCA cables , worth $15, that will serve as my first cables for this amp. I am pretty sure it will be an upgrade from stock cables being shipped out with the amp.

regards,

Ya, this is just like the buying an extra set of tubes from them. If they have extra in stock, they will sell you a pair. They keep "shipping with amps stock" separate from extra stock (or at least they did), so I hope everyone gets the right cord with their amps.
smily_headphones1.gif

The retail packaged cords they include are actually better than most manufacturers include with their products. They are OFC and have a thicker insulation. They are not the best, but work well enough to get a person by until they get something different, or to keep around as a spare.
smily_headphones1.gif
I seem to have a small stock pile of spares these days!
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #360 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyPythizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, about my LDII++....

What is the best place to purchase good quality EF92 tubes without having people blowing up the auction price to 55$ a pair?

Even with crappy HD485s (LOVE their bass) this amp makes them sound VERY clear!!!

Just don't push Mr. Dot too much, he makes the drivers bottom out ^_^.

BTW, fyck my Grados, they sound great.... if you don't like bass...

WTS SR-80s, ~125 hours on them, maybe 10 hours on my head.

Here are some EF92's and EF91's that I found last night:

Here are Mullard EF92 6CQ6s: 2-TUBES,RADIO,AUDIO,HAM,CB [NOS] 6CQ6/EF92 - eBay (item 360019348103 end time Mar-01-08 13:06:38 PST)

Here are Mullard EF91 6AM6s: eBay Seller: buenosaires radio: EF91, Radio, Phonograph, TV, Phone, Collectibles items on eBay.com

Here are Mullard M8161s : Mullard M8161 / CV4015 Mil. Spec. Little Dot Amp EF92 - eBay (item 280197518453 end time Feb-08-08 17:44:55 PST)

There were two more with BIN, but someone snagged them during the night!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back