Joining the Little Dot Family
Feb 2, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #361 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are some EF92's and EF91's that I found last night:

Here are Mullard EF92 6CQ6s: 2-TUBES,RADIO,AUDIO,HAM,CB [NOS] 6CQ6/EF92 - eBay (item 360019348103 end time Mar-01-08 13:06:38 PST)

Here are Mullard EF91 6AM6s: eBay Seller: buenosaires radio: EF91, Radio, Phonograph, TV, Phone, Collectibles items on eBay.com

Here are Mullard M8161s : Mullard M8161 / CV4015 Mil. Spec. Little Dot Amp EF92 - eBay (item 280197518453 end time Feb-08-08 17:44:55 PST)

There were two more with BIN, but someone snagged them during the night!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, the first link is to a seller named Roy. In fact, I had that auction book-marked, and just pulled the trigger. I bought another pair of Mullards off of him and they are mint, still in the 'cigar rolls'. I also have a pair of Amperex Bugle Boy tubes from him. The logos are clear and crisp, like they were made yesterday.

The guy is great. His tubes are true NOS, and he ships faster than anyone else I've dealt with on ebay. A great, honest, reliable seller. I highly recommend him to everyone.

Sorry I stepped in and snatched them, but he seems to always come up with a couple of more pairs.

Feb 2, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #362 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the first link is to a seller named Roy. In fact, I had that auction book-marked, and just pulled the trigger. I bought another pair of Mullards off of him and they are mint, still in the 'cigar rolls'. I also have a pair of Amperex Bugle Boy tubes from him. The logos are clear and crisp, like they were made yesterday.

The guy is great. His tubes are true NOS, and he ships faster than anyone else I've dealt with on ebay. A great, honest, reliable seller. I highly recommend him to everyone.

Sorry I stepped in and snatched them, but he seems to always come up with a couple of more pairs.

It's true. He has some of the best tube stock around. He charges for his tubes, but you get what you pay for, absolutely!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #363 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by headcheck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Vacuum Tubes Radio Tubes - 5,000 different tubes in stock - Over 10 million tubes! With over 10 million tubes I think they might can help you. I got a pair of "very hard to get" NOS tung-sol 5654/EF95 there for $20/pair. If you know which particular tube/brand you want then email them. Dale or Roy will hopefully find them and give you a photo if required. Plus every tube gets tested too. Now thats is SERVICE!!

I have purchased from these guys also.

Called them and Dale took the cordless phone into their warehouse and told me the brands and quantities they had in stock, and took my order. I don't like to waste their time, though, so if I do call them I make sure that I place an order that is worth their time and effort.

Feb 2, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #364 of 515
Quote:

It's true. He has some of the best tube stock around. He charges for his tubes, but you get what you pay for, absolutely!
smily_headphones1.gif

I think his prices are reasonable, at least compared to the guy selling 'matched pairs' for LD amps starting at $26-30, plus $6 shipping. Makes Roy's tubes look like a bargain.

And I like that fact that I never have to worry about the quality or shipping. The tubes I just bought will be at my doorstep no later than this Tuesday. It's like clockwork.

Feb 2, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #365 of 515
Quote:

Paid for one, but it won't ship until after the Chinese New Year.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm pretty sure the MKIII has the RCA to RCA's in it's package.
The MKII has the mini to RCA.
smily_headphones1.gif

When did you order? I emailed him yesterday when I was buying one and he said the ordering cutoff was 6pm EST on February 2nd (Today). So I assume that if you ordered before that time it will ship before the CNY
biggrin.gif

EDIT: In his words:
Please keep in mind we will be on vacation from Feb. 4th through the 12th. Orders placed after Feb. 2nd 6PM EST will actually be delayed until the 13th to ship.

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #367 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyPythizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please don't take these....
2-TUBES,RADIO,AUDIO,HAM,CB [NOS] 6CQ6/EF92 - eBay (item 360019923265 end time Mar-03-08 09:36:06 PST)
Are those any good?

See, this exactly what I thought. As soon as the other two pairs sold, he posted more.

If these are the same Amperex tubes I bought, they are NOS Bugle Boys in original boxes. I haven't tried mine yet so I can't recommend them purely on sound, but they are beautiful tubes with the ultra-cool Bugle Boy logo. And they are Amperex, so I suspect they will sound just fine.

Oh, and don't worry, I'm all set for now.
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #368 of 515
Feb 2, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #369 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When did you order? I emailed him yesterday when I was buying one and he said the ordering cutoff was 6pm EST on February 2nd (Today). So I assume that if you ordered before that time it will ship before the CNY
biggrin.gif

EDIT: In his words:
Please keep in mind we will be on vacation from Feb. 4th through the 12th. Orders placed after Feb. 2nd 6PM EST will actually be delayed until the 13th to ship.

Ow, well maybe I'll be getting a surprise then!
smily_headphones1.gif
That's the first I heard of a cut off time. Fingers are crossed.
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #371 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the vacation time mean there won't be any more LD's for sale on ebay from David for a while?

Since they're not shipping again until Feb. 13th, I don't think there are gonna be any listings on eBay until then. I believe he's still taking orders via direct order, though they won't ship until the 13th either.

Feb 3, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #372 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since they're not shipping again until Feb. 13th, I don't think there are gonna be any listings on eBay until then. I believe he's still taking orders via direct order, though they won't ship until the 13th either.

That's correct. It is up on their site. I sure could use a vacation.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #373 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See, this exactly what I thought. As soon as the other two pairs sold, he posted more.

If these are the same Amperex tubes I bought, they are NOS Bugle Boys in original boxes. I haven't tried mine yet so I can't recommend them purely on sound, but they are beautiful tubes with the ultra-cool Bugle Boy logo. And they are Amperex, so I suspect they will sound just fine.

Oh, and don't worry, I'm all set for now.
biggrin.gif

Someone stole the Mullards, better not steal these :GRRRR: :p

Feb 3, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #375 of 515
Here is a copy of the official Little-Dot notice about the Chinese New Year Holidays:

Little Dot will observe the Chinese Lunar New Year from February 5th to the 12th. While sales and email support will be active during this period, all QC and shipping for products purchased during, and slightly before (cut-off date is February 2nd, 6PM EST) this time period will be on hiatus until the 13th. Thank you for your attention.

Addendum Jan 31st 8:40 PM EST: Little Dot MK IV and SE versions are no longer available for order before the holiday.

Addendum Jan 31st 8:40 PM EST: Little Dot Micro+ is no longer available for order before the holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back