Joining the Little Dot Family
Mar 11, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #451 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have a MkIV SE on the way. Happy happy.

Now need to plow through the main thread for tube upgrade recs. Unless someone wants to throw me a bone here?
wink.gif

Current cans are Grado RS-2s.

Right now I would recommend you some GE Five Stars, but I'll probably get my Amperex 5654's and 6Zh1P-EV's this week so I can start listening to them.

Please give us your opinion about MKIV SE with RS-2's when you get the amp. You are third in Head-fi that has the same combo as I am.

Mar 12, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #452 of 515
Mar 15, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #453 of 515
Hey, if anyone is interested in taking a pair of sovtek 6h30's off my hands, PM me. Unfortuantely I purchased these before finding out about the compatibility issue with the Mk III. Other than that I'm enjoying my Mk III and havent even started rolling yet. Got some EF 92 Mullards, RCA black plate 6ak5, Sylvania black plate 5654, and russian 6zh1p's to go through...good times!!!

Mar 15, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #455 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My MK IV SE is on the way too, can't wait for it to arrive
smily_headphones1.gif

Great! Let us know when it arrives. Un-boxing is like a birth around here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #457 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does Little Dot have a website? I can't seem to find it
confused.gif

Yes indeed, they have their own Forum located here: Category & forums listing - Little-Tube BBS

Have a good one!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #459 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i still haz mah mk v! but i had to sell my 650s =/ looking for a cheap replacement but i dont think ill be able to replace the 650s.

hai penchum
smily_headphones1.gif
long time no see.

Howdy CJ, sorry about the 650's. Maybe you could score a HD-580? If you did, I have an extra set of 600 grills for it. That would get you close.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #460 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great! Let us know when it arrives. Un-boxing is like a birth around here.
smily_headphones1.gif

I will, oh and I already have Tung-Sol 403B and Soviet 6ZH1P shipping too, they should all arrive next week ... it will be sweet. I think I'll go for the 403B to burn in first, or what do you guys recommend?

Mar 15, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #462 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Howdy CJ, sorry about the 650's. Maybe you could score a HD-580? If you did, I have an extra set of 600 grills for it. That would get you close.
smily_headphones1.gif

i still havent made up my mind, i will either get the sr60/80 now (due to a dip in funds) or just save up until camjam (its not 30-40 minutes away from me) and listen to other headphones and then take a dive for a nice setup. by then i will also hopefully know where ill be going for my phd. i think then ill be safe for another 5 years and wont have to sell off my toys because im too scared to break them while traveling
frown.gif

you going to canjam penchum? would be great to meet you.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #463 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i still havent made up my mind, i will either get the sr60/80 now (due to a dip in funds) or just save up until camjam (its not 30-40 minutes away from me) and listen to other headphones and then take a dive for a nice setup. by then i will also hopefully know where ill be going for my phd. i think then ill be safe for another 5 years and wont have to sell off my toys because im too scared to break them while traveling
frown.gif

you going to canjam penchum? would be great to meet you.
biggrin.gif

That would be cool, but I'm kinda stuck right now. I hope they have some live feeds or something, so the rest of us can see what is up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #464 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will, oh and I already have Tung-Sol 403B and Soviet 6ZH1P shipping too, they should all arrive next week ... it will be sweet. I think I'll go for the 403B to burn in first, or what do you guys recommend?

If you burn in using the stock tubes, you'll have a reference point to work from. This always helps when tube rolling later. I highly recommend it for that reason.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #465 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpstereo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Electro-Harmonix 6H30pi Golds are up for sale. Check the FS forum under tweaks/accessories.

Thanks -

JP

JP, I was under the impression that these tubes worked in the MKIII???

Am I missing something??? Please advise!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back