Joining the Little Dot Family
Mar 21, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #481 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethebull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P -

Do you know what resistor value was installed in your original MKIVse that was set-up for 5687's?

In other words, is there a conflict of interests going toward optimizing for 6H30's vs. the 5687/7044's?

I'm not sure what my first one had in it. My second, has the 120ohm's in it and I have used the BullPlugs without any issues. I know that I can't use the 6H6N's anymore, because they are unstable in this modified state.

I'll do some additional testing this weekend and make sure to try the BullPlugs in the MKII & MKIII. I'm fairly confident it will go well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #482 of 515
I seem to have this email in my inbox
smily_headphones1.gif

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your purchase, this confirms your USA 120V Little Dot MK IV tube amplifier with Blue power LED!

Please allow 4-5 business days to complete and QC your Little Dot MK IV and then 4-10 business days total transit time. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me anytime!

Best Regards,
David

I can already hear my wallet yelling at me

Mar 22, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #483 of 515
is it safe if i change standard power cord to another brand power cord ? ( i will use marigo audio labs power card ), because in my exp change the power card can change the character

Mar 22, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #484 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by hendry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it safe if i change standard power cord to another brand power cord ? ( i will use marigo audio labs power card ), because in my exp change the power card can change the character

It is safe to change the power cord. As long as it is UL listed, you should be good to go.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #485 of 515
Mar 26, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #486 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by stroker_200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there. I'm a new member of the family. I placed my order last Wednesday, for an MKIII. The comprehensive reviews in this forum were very helpful to me. I commend David for the excellent support.

I'm looking forward to meet the MKIII. Can't wait to hear what she has to say.

glad to know another fellow countryman likes the amp! enjoy,kabayan!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #487 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by trinkus79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seem to have this email in my inbox
smily_headphones1.gif

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your purchase, this confirms your USA 120V Little Dot MK IV tube amplifier with Blue power LED!

Please allow 4-5 business days to complete and QC your Little Dot MK IV and then 4-10 business days total transit time. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me anytime!

Best Regards,
David

I can already hear my wallet yelling at me

YEY, MK IV shipped yesterday!

Mar 26, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #488 of 515
Quote:

YEY, MK IV shipped yesterday!

I bet on Monday or Tuesday next week for delivery.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #489 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet on Monday or Tuesday next week for delivery.
smily_headphones1.gif

I was hoping for Friday :\ so I'd have something to do, but I guess the new DT990's and the Prelude card that showed up yesterday will have to tide me till it gets here
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #490 of 515
Quote:

I was hoping for Friday :\ so I'd have something to do, but I guess the new DT990's and the Prelude card that showed up yesterday will have to tide me till it gets here
smily_headphones1.gif

Hehehehe
biggrin.gif
. That would be an all time record for sure! I think the fastest has been 5 calender days. 6 seems to be fairly common to US addresses. The big surprise is how fast USPS does their part! It's almost like over night or second day.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #491 of 515
eek.gif
No wonder my fingers hurt!
eek.gif

Today, my wife officially claimed my LDII++ as the headphone amp she wants in her home office! That works for me. She'll treat it right. So, I now have the MKIII sitting on top of the MKV SS amp, ready to play goodies from my Vintage SPEC equipment. This is a good scenario for the MKIII and it looks fantastic on top of the MKV.
smily_headphones1.gif
If I get tiime, I'll post a pic later.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #492 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by dantztiludrop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I must say that I have had quite the fun day today....I bought the LD MKIII, a Zero DAC, & D2000s!(not too bad for not having any system at all yesterday!)
biggrin.gif
!
biggrin.gif
!

now that's one day of spending hehe
tongue.gif
congratulations on your new purchases!

Mar 31, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #493 of 515
I'm still kind of a noob when it comes to this tube stuff, but I'm trying to keep my eye's open for good deals on tubes before my amp gets here. Anyone know if GE 5star 5687's are compatible with the Mk IV? Also what other power tubes are usable, all I seem to see listed are driver tubes.

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #494 of 515
Quote:

I'm still kind of a noob when it comes to this tube stuff, but I'm trying to keep my eye's open for good deals on tubes before my amp gets here. Anyone know if GE 5star 5687's are compatible with the Mk IV? Also what other power tubes are usable, all I seem to see listed are driver tubes.

Thanks!

The MKIV comes with 6H30PI power tubes. These are considered to be one of the best, so that upgrade part is already done for you, which is cool. The 5687's are not pin-compatible with the 6H30PI's. The driver tube options are "many" and we've had a good time rolling bunches of them in the MKIII tube rolling thread. The MKII, MKIII & MKIV take the same EF92 & EF95 driver tubes, so getting general ideas on their "sound" can be found in that thread.
Have a good one!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #495 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The MKIV comes with 6H30PI power tubes. These are considered to be one of the best, so that upgrade part is already done for you, which is cool. The 5687's are not pin-compatible with the 6H30PI's. The driver tube options are "many" and we've had a good time rolling bunches of them in the MKIII tube rolling thread. The MKII, MKIII & MKIV take the same EF92 & EF95 driver tubes, so getting general ideas on their "sound" can be found in that thread.
Have a good one!
smily_headphones1.gif

So the MKIV and MKIV SE aren't compatible tube wise?
Here is a quick list from my review of the MKIVse.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum
Power Tubes
E182CC Mullards = Mellow and beautiful to all kinds of music
5687 WB Phillips = Clean, wide sound stage, increase in dynamics for all music
5687 WB Tong-Sol = Crisp, clean, detailed and dynamic for all music

..from one of your earlier posts, or am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back