JH Audio JH5pro thread
Sep 3, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #1,156 of 1,217
Hello, I don't know whether it's proper or not asking this question in this thread,

I currently own a pair of JH5, and thinking of buying another pair of CIEM as an upgrade. Is there any CIEM that has the same sound signature like JH5 but with better quality?

Sep 3, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,157 of 1,217
  Hello, I don't know whether it's proper or not asking this question in this thread,

I currently own a pair of JH5, and thinking of buying another pair of CIEM as an upgrade. Is there any CIEM that has the same sound signature like JH5 but with better quality?

I'm told that the JH-13s are a pretty good upgrade.  I upgraded to the Angies-which sound fantastic.

Although keep in mind that with a high-quality cable, the 5s sound pretty d*&m good.

CJ

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #1,158 of 1,217
I have a friend who has the JH5 and JH13 FP. He said the JH13 does not have the same signature as the JH5, the JH13 has the bass and mids more recessed than the JH5.

I would choose to upgrade the Angies.

PS: I recommend the same as the CJ regarding the cables: purchase best cables for JH5 that will sound great! I bought for my JH5 the Effect Audio Ares.

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #1,159 of 1,217

JH16 is the logical upgrade to JH5.  I have owned both at the same time and JH5 is a poor man's JH16.  Same sound sig.

JH13 is totally different. 

I did extensive comparision earlier in this thread if you are able to search my posts.  Other wise the questioner can PM me and I will oblige.

Sep 3, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #1,160 of 1,217

I'm told that the JH-13s are a pretty good upgrade.  I upgraded to the Angies-which sound fantastic.

Although keep in mind that with a high-quality cable, the 5s sound pretty d*&m good.

CJ

My apologies, I meant the JH-16 - that is what I heard was similar to the JH-5s.  Sorry about that.

CJ

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #1,161 of 1,217
  I have a friend who has the JH5 and JH13 FP. He said the JH13 does not have the same signature as the JH5, the JH13 has the bass and mids more recessed than the JH5.

I would choose to upgrade the Angies.

PS: I recommend the same as the CJ regarding the cables: purchase best cables for JH5 that will sound great! I bought for my JH5 the Effect Audio Ares.

Thanks for the advice, Well, after reading your review on JH5 + Effect audio Ares, I'm now tempted to purchase upgrade cables and see if it's enough to satisfy me. :D 

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #1,163 of 1,217
Does anyone know how does the Fidue A83 compare with the JH5? I really want a custom, and im considering reshelling my Fidue... But its a hybrid and some companies dont do it. 

Would the JH5 be something better? Or similar standards with different sound signature

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,164 of 1,217
Does anyone know how does the Fidue A83 compare with the JH5? I really want a custom, and im considering reshelling my Fidue... But its a hybrid and some companies dont do it. 

Would the JH5 be something better? Or similar standards with different sound signature

if you reshell fidue A83 it will have different sound, because of different resonant chamber in IEM housing before and after reshelled

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #1,165 of 1,217
if you reshell fidue A83 it will have different sound, because of different resonant chamber in IEM housing before and after reshelled

in a good way? or bad way? 

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #1,166 of 1,217
it can be good or bad, depending on your previous sound preference from fidue A83.
And reshell dynamic driver can be tricky, some company, like kumitate Lab, prefer to reshell Senn IE800 with its original housing, to not alter the sound of IE800 itself

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #1,167 of 1,217
it can be good or bad, depending on your previous sound preference from fidue A83.
And reshell dynamic driver can be tricky, some company, like kumitate Lab, prefer to reshell Senn IE800 with its original housing, to not alter the sound of IE800 itself

Hmmmm so what would you recommendation be?

Oct 1, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #1,168 of 1,217

Hmmmm so what would you recommendation be?

if you still prefer A83 original sounsig, stay to it's universal fit, don't reshell/remold it.

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #1,169 of 1,217
Just got mine. Burning it in. Thought I had a bad fit but just discovered the twist method. The 1st time I pulled out i thought I pulled out my ear canal. Painful. Getting used to a ciem. First impressions are pretty good

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #1,170 of 1,217
For the money, and the fact that it's a custom....it may be the best money you ever spent in audio, period.  Just a fantastic dual driver IEM.  It does it all.  The poor man's JH16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back