1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

JH Audio JH5pro thread

First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82
Next

Last
  1. LiteKirby
    I went 5 then 11 and now 16

Don't see myself upgrading for a long time :)

2. JamesTunsteli
    Wow the 11 wasn't enough? Lol Yeah I plan around Black Friday to either go Roxanne or Angie. What were the obvious differences as you want up to the higher and models?

3. JamesTunsteli

Wow the 11 wasn't enough? Lol Yeah I plan around Black Friday to either go Roxanne or Angie. What were the obvious differences as you went up to the higher and models?

4. cj3209

I have the Angies and they just basically have more of everything compared to the JH-5s:  more bass, soundstage, depth, etc.  But then, I don't think they're three times better; they're three times more in price though.

Cheers.

CJ
    :)

5. JamesTunsteli
    Thanks mate that's exactly what I expected and I'm curious.. And when I get curious my wallets the one to pay for it hahah! I have previously wondered why some Headfiers have like seven pairs of headphones but now I understand!!
    How is the Angies Mid and High range compared to the Jh5s?

Thanks

6. goodvibes
    No Black Friday deals last year so I wouldn't hold my breath. Angie is where I'd look. Unless you have a different flavor preference, it's (sonics are) qualitatively on par with anything.

7. JamesTunsteli
    Ok thanks regardless if there's a sale or not I plan to upgrade soon. Do you know any good amps to pair with these items?

8. LiteKirby
    I don't have the 11s anymore so i can't give any comparisons that are not just memories but the 16 really is like an entirely upgraded 11. I listened to the 13/16/Roxannes at a meet a few years ago and enjoyed the 16s the most. Guess i like that slightly boosted bass.

The JH5s still remain my hands down favorite and most bang for the buck audio purchase though

JamesTunsteli likes this.
  9. JamesTunsteli
    That's good to hear I might just settle for the Jh16 but we will see. Now I'm looking for amps/dacs.

10. Ivabign
    You don't settle for JH16's - lol

If they hit your sweet spot - they are keepers

11. JamesTunsteli
    I know right if i just settle for them then I might upgrade again!! I love this hobby... Or rather this way of life!!

12. goodvibes
    Make sure you listen before purchase. 16s have LOTS of bass.

13. cj3209

It's a little subjective. The Angie's soundstage and depth really pulls me in and it was difficult to compare the mids and highs directly (I probably didn't have the right music).  I wanted to do a 5-minute A/B test between my JH-5s and the Angies...I ended up spending 20-minutes listening to the Angies because it just pulled me into the music.  The 5s don't quite do that for me.  I keep the 5s because when I'm working out or mobile, I'm uncomfortable putting $1,500 of gear in my ears walking around...lol..

CJ

JamesTunsteli likes this.
  14. Vitor Valeri

But you came to put the best cables in JH5 or heard with cables stock? After I bought the Audio Effect Ares cables the JH5 was significantly more musical.

15. orionstone
    how would the jh5 compare to the bigger and badder layla and angie?

i've been on the lookout for CIEMs for quite some time now.

First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82
Next

Last