JH Audio JH5pro thread
Jul 29, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #1,129 of 1,217
Wow the 11 wasn't enough? Lol Yeah I plan around Black Friday to either go Roxanne or Angie. What were the obvious differences as you went up to the higher and models?

I have the Angies and they just basically have more of everything compared to the JH-5s:  more bass, soundstage, depth, etc.  But then, I don't think they're three times better; they're three times more in price though.

Cheers.

CJ
:)

Jul 29, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #1,130 of 1,217
I have the Angies and they just basically have more of everything compared to the JH-5s:  more bass, soundstage, depth, etc.  But then, I don't think they're three times better; they're three times more in price though.

Cheers.

CJ
:)
Thanks mate that's exactly what I expected and I'm curious.. And when I get curious my wallets the one to pay for it hahah! I have previously wondered why some Headfiers have like seven pairs of headphones but now I understand!!
How is the Angies Mid and High range compared to the Jh5s?

Thanks

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #1,131 of 1,217
Wow the 11 wasn't enough? Lol Yeah I plan around Black Friday to either go Roxanne or Angie. What were the obvious differences as you went up to the higher and models?

No Black Friday deals last year so I wouldn't hold my breath. Angie is where I'd look. Unless you have a different flavor preference, it's (sonics are) qualitatively on par with anything.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #1,133 of 1,217
I don't have the 11s anymore so i can't give any comparisons that are not just memories but the 16 really is like an entirely upgraded 11. I listened to the 13/16/Roxannes at a meet a few years ago and enjoyed the 16s the most. Guess i like that slightly boosted bass.

The JH5s still remain my hands down favorite and most bang for the buck audio purchase though

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #1,134 of 1,217
I don't have the 11s anymore so i can't give any comparisons that are not just memories but the 16 really is like an entirely upgraded 11. I listened to the 13/16/Roxannes at a meet a few years ago and enjoyed the 16s the most. Guess i like that slightly boosted bass.

The JH5s still remain my hands down favorite and most bang for the buck audio purchase though
That's good to hear I might just settle for the Jh16 but we will see. Now I'm looking for amps/dacs.

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #1,135 of 1,217
You don't settle for JH16's - lol

If they hit your sweet spot - they are keepers

Jul 30, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,138 of 1,217
How is the Angies Mid and High range compared to the Jh5s?

It's a little subjective. The Angie's soundstage and depth really pulls me in and it was difficult to compare the mids and highs directly (I probably didn't have the right music).  I wanted to do a 5-minute A/B test between my JH-5s and the Angies...I ended up spending 20-minutes listening to the Angies because it just pulled me into the music.  The 5s don't quite do that for me.  I keep the 5s because when I'm working out or mobile, I'm uncomfortable putting $1,500 of gear in my ears walking around...lol..

CJ

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #1,139 of 1,217

It's a little subjective. The Angie's soundstage and depth really pulls me in and it was difficult to compare the mids and highs directly (I probably didn't have the right music).  I wanted to do a 5-minute A/B test between my JH-5s and the Angies...I ended up spending 20-minutes listening to the Angies because it just pulled me into the music.  The 5s don't quite do that for me.  I keep the 5s because when I'm working out or mobile, I'm uncomfortable putting $1,500 of gear in my ears walking around...lol..

CJ

But you came to put the best cables in JH5 or heard with cables stock? After I bought the Audio Effect Ares cables the JH5 was significantly more musical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back