JH Audio JH-3A
Mar 3, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #2,356 of 2,681
Whats the latest speculation on when they will actually ship? I have read through the posts however, quite honestly it is still confusing at best. The JH website still says winter 2011. I saw some mention of spring, March, April...

Said another way, i have been holding off ordering because i would go crazy with all the delays. I had figured early March would be my timeframe however there still seems to be a total lack of info on when the product would actually ship.

Mar 3, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #2,357 of 2,681
Yes exactly! The last 2 posts spell it out.

The last we heard about an actual ship date was an email sent to a Head-Fier from JHA saying that they "hope to ship" the week of February the 6th. Apart from that, JHA says they will receive the production amps by the end of March...

We still only have the vaguest of ideas when customers might actually start to see the units.

JHA has us simply waiting.

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #2,359 of 2,681
I know, simply waiting with no effort to personally communicate with the 3a buyers. Not only that but every delivery date, whether estimate or promise, has been useless.
I've sat back and watched for a long time, aknowledging their efforts to bring such a unit to market. However I am now considering a refund purely based on the PR or lack there of.

I got my impressions end of 2009 and ordered the JH16 early 2010. When they arrived the color was entirely wrong, deadwood instead of electric blue. They were applogetic, I understand these things happen. I had to send them back anyway for a left piece adjustment as they did not fit right. Being in Aussie land this is not quick or cheap.
Once they got them back the JH-3a was announced and since the customs had to be completely redone I requested an upgrade from the $1149 (paid) to the  $1749 combo. ie $600
Jerry passed it on to the accountant and she said if I wanted it done I had to pay them another $1099 on top of the paid $1049  = $2148 all before the correct customs where even built.

Naturally I spoke up and at great length and many unanswered emails, it was approved for the normal $1749. The worst bit is when it does finally arrive, my impressions will have been done about 18 months earlier, and I have not been well and my weight has  gradually changed. So I'll have to do it all again.
Exhausting to say the least.

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #2,360 of 2,681
I got a reply from Jerry after I e-mailed Jaime yesterday.  Below is what Jerry wrote:

Hi Tyler,

We are extremely close to shipping. We are tidying up a dsp programming issue so I can program the dsp.

This should be debugged very shortly.

Best regards,

Jerry

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #2,361 of 2,681

Quote:
Proof?

Show us some pictures of these, please.

Speaking with Jerry directly.  I am frustrated like everyone else.  I hope in the next 2 weeks he receives them and starts shipping them out so this thread can die and we can move on to threads entitled:  'I waited 18 months for this crap..." vs. "18 months, I would have waited 3 years to hear this..." etc. etc.

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #2,362 of 2,681

Quote:
I know, simply waiting with no effort to personally communicate with the 3a buyers. Not only that but every delivery date, whether estimate or promise, has been useless.
I've sat back and watched for a long time, aknowledging their efforts to bring such a unit to market. However I am now considering a refund purely based on the PR or lack there of.

I got my impressions end of 2009 and ordered the JH16 early 2010. When they arrived the color was entirely wrong, deadwood instead of electric blue. They were applogetic, I understand these things happen. I had to send them back anyway for a left piece adjustment as they did not fit right. Being in Aussie land this is not quick or cheap.
Once they got them back the JH-3a was announced and since the customs had to be completely redone I requested an upgrade from the $1149 (paid) to the  $1749 combo. ie $600
Jerry passed it on to the accountant and she said if I wanted it done I had to pay them another $1099 on top of the paid $1049  = $2148 all before the correct customs where even built.

Naturally I spoke up and at great length and many unanswered emails, it was approved for the normal $1749. The worst bit is when it does finally arrive, my impressions will have been done about 18 months earlier, and I have not been well and my weight has  gradually changed. So I'll have to do it all again.
Exhausting to say the least.

That's quite an ordeal, but I would say at this point investing in a new--correctly done--set of impressions would be needed anyway if the originals weren't 100%, since it should ensure that your new JH-3A shells will fit properly the first time.  And, hopefully in the end it will all have been worth it.

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #2,363 of 2,681
I was in a similar boat as you (upgraded from 16 to JH3A, though mine was before it first shipped), and canceling the upgrade was probably one of the better moves I made as of late.  Must say it's been a joy to use these things for the last 3 months, and now that I'm more of a speaker listener I can't say I miss the potential better-ness of the 3A.

Your preferences will obviously be different from mine, and you'll have to think about what you're really wanting from these IEMs before you make any changes to the order.  Don't forget that any kind of post-purchase upgradeitis is going to set you back 1100~1800.

Quote:

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #2,364 of 2,681
When I spoke with Jaime on 2/17, she said they were committed to begin shipping out the units within the next 30 days, and that they were only waiting on a minor part. Reading about this DSP issue makes me somewhat nauseous. I think I will be canceling my order if March comes and goes with no concrete shipping date in sight.

I really wish JHA would commit to weekly updates at this point, so we could all get a better picture of what is going on.

Quote:
I got a reply from Jerry after I e-mailed Jaime yesterday.  Below is what Jerry wrote:

Hi Tyler,

We are extremely close to shipping. We are tidying up a dsp programming issue so I can program the dsp.

This should be debugged very shortly.

Best regards,

Jerry

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #2,365 of 2,681
Yeah, what the hell is this B.S. excuse?  Another DSP programming issue?  I'm getting tired of these excuses.  After the 30 days passes from their original announcement and I haven't received anything (i'm no 6), I'm cancelling my order sicne this whole situation is being handled so badly by JHA.

Quote:
When I spoke with Jaime on 2/17, she said they were committed to begin shipping out the units within the next 30 days, and that they were only waiting on a minor part. Reading about this DSP issue makes me somewhat nauseous. I think I will be canceling my order if March comes and goes with no concrete shipping date in sight.

I really wish JHA would commit to weekly updates at this point, so we could all get a better picture of what is going on.

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #2,366 of 2,681
Yah, I am really unhappy with the lack of transparency... we shouldn't have to find out about a(nother!) DSP issue via Head-Fi, though I am grateful that at least this avenue of information exists...

Quote:
Yeah, what the hell is this B.S. excuse?  Another DSP programming issue?  I'm getting tired of these excuses.  After the 30 days passes from their original announcement and I haven't received anything (i'm no 6), I'm cancelling my order sicne this whole situation is being handled so badly by JHA.

Quote:

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #2,367 of 2,681

Quote:
Yah, I am really unhappy with the lack of transparency... we shouldn't have to find out about a(nother!) DSP issue via Head-Fi, though I am grateful that at least this avenue of information exists...

The DSP programming issue is why I mentioned what seemed to me to be an obvious factor that no one really has talked about during the wait: the apparent lack of a prototype unit.  If they actually had prototype units, they could have been marketing it this entire time at meets, etc... and it would have eased the minds of those waiting to hear more trial reviews, as well as generated additional sales.  The fact that didn't happen was not a good omen for their ability to make timelines.  

I'll be shocked if anyone gets their unit before April. 

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #2,368 of 2,681
you guys have waited this long for it, why not wait a little more? You need to stop and think about it. I know for sure that once you've cancelled it, and the 3As arrive, you're seriously going to regret it.

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #2,369 of 2,681

Well, we could order them at that point then, no?

Quote:
you guys have waited this long for it, why not wait a little more? You need to stop and think about it. I know for sure that once you've cancelled it, and the 3As arrive, you're seriously going to regret it.

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #2,370 of 2,681
When I saw your initial post on prototypes I wasn't exactly clear on what you meant... Didn't they have two prototypes which were used for Can-Jam last summer? Though, to your point, they do not, AFAIK, have a publicly available prototype sourced from their new supplier.

Quote:
The DSP programming issue is why I mentioned what seemed to me to be an obvious factor that no one really has talked about during the wait: the apparent lack of a prototype unit.  If they actually had prototype units, they could have been marketing it this entire time at meets, etc... and it would have eased the minds of those waiting to hear more trial reviews, as well as generated additional sales.  The fact that didn't happen was not a good omen for their ability to make timelines.  

I'll be shocked if anyone gets their unit before April. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back