JH Audio JH-3A
Feb 28, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #2,326 of 2,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This has been a problem with head-fi more generally for as long as I can remember.  Very frustrating. 

While I, especially as a Mod, agree with this, it's impossible to ask anyone to keep up with 2343 posts that have no new information in them. This thread labors on so that people can ask questions and others can keep themselves busy while waiting, otherwise, we might as well close the thread and start a new one when the product finally hits our doorsteps.

It's one way or the other.

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #2,327 of 2,681
all we really need to do to legimitize all these posts is rename the thread:

"Keeping our sanity any way we can while waiting for the JH Audio JH-3A"   :wink:

there are actually a lot of unanswered questions and uncertainties about this product.

we know virtually nothing about the DAC
i dont think anyone has absolutely confirmed USB dac support, even though many people seem certain of it.
we dont know if it will be usable while plugged in or only on its rechargable batteries
we dont know what kind of jitter protection it offers particularly in the digital domain
we dont really know what the wire is going to look like, or whether it will have 1 or 2 plugs.

ive probably missed some things..

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #2,330 of 2,681
The Solo extracts digital from an iPod and outputs digital via spdif or normal analog

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #2,333 of 2,681

Quote:
immtbiker said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
My point being, that you only get between 65 and 85 Springtimes in your life. That is the time of nature's new life.

oh, i thought you were saying that you get 65-85 of the sorts of moments you described in your passage which i'll cite her :

Quote:
This, of course includes finding a new love or rekindling your 20 year marriage, finding the car or motorcycle of your dreams sitting in your driveway as you head to the mailbox knowing that your JH-3a have arrived with your choice of acommpaning headphones, and watching the local teenagers happily raking your property, of the fallen Dogwood and Cherry Blossom flowers.

Life can be really good, provided that you are not currently unemployed or live in a war torn country.
Remember, we only get between 65 and 85 of these moments, and I feel not one should be taken for granted.

Quote:
Where would you get a manual about this?

the manual of life ? - mebbe they give it out in the labor & delivery department of the hospital upon birth. your mom was supposed to give it to you. 
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #2,334 of 2,681
I had order the JH-3a with jh16-pro which i think many of you have had the same.
But here are 3 questions that are on my mind often, 1st, Jerry would tune each jh-3a for each pair of jh-13/16. But each pair of IEM has not been run-in the sound quality is different, so how can he accurately tune the jh-3a?

the 2nd question in my mind is, if the JH-3a can be tune by Jerry, I think we can also tune it ourself, with our taste.

3rd Lately I was modifying my sony PCM-D50 optical output to coaxial output for my future JH-3a, I have the coaxial wire on hand (Furutech FX-alpha-ag). but would like to know if I should solder a RCA female on my d50 and then connect to the coaxial interconnect ,or just directly solder one end on the PCB  and have the other end with a RCA?
Just want to know which way have less noise or jitter.

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #2,335 of 2,681
1. Balanced armatures are not supposed to need any burn-in so they should not change. The cable can/will change (if you believe in that part) but I don't expect that will have any effect on the kind of tuning that is being performed.
2. Tuning probably requires some sort of pc software that only JH have and probably also some kind of measuring rig as it can't be by ear that tuning is done since Jerry can't fit the custom moulded earpices in his ears.
3. Have no idea

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #2,338 of 2,681

Quote:
While I, especially as a Mod, agree with this, it's impossible to ask anyone to keep up with 2343 posts that have no new information in them. This thread labors on so that people can ask questions and others can keep themselves busy while waiting, otherwise, we might as well close the thread and start a new one when the product finally hits our doorsteps.

It's one way or the other.

I wish there were a way to have more specific threads, with fewer number of on-topic posts in each.  I know it's not an easy problem to solve, though.  It's not just this thread, almost every thread goes to multiple hundreds of pages (on a new popular product).  I know the thread search tool is supposed to solve some of the issue, but it really doesn't. 

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #2,339 of 2,681
That looks correct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back