JH Audio JH-3A
Feb 25, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #2,297 of 2,681
If we were in court right now, the defense attorney, would simply say to the last 50 pages of this thread, "Objection, your honor...Speculation and hear say" 
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #2,299 of 2,681
Quote:
Can you try the same amplifier in single-ended mode to compare apples to oranges?
What's worse with the Protector is that its single-ended in which makes the whole design somewhat non-sensical to me.  Not saying it doesn't sound good.
Alright, the wait begins....

yes, if you put an adapter on the cable you can run in se out of the protector (or just use an se cable) - as Jan points out it clearly sounds better run out of the balanced output of the protector, at least to most ears.

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #2,300 of 2,681

[size=medium]
Springtime for me is a time of rebirth in the Northeast. New loves, new car or motorcycle, new home, new job and the possibility of a new JH-3A. It is a time of rebirth, where we all get "do-overs",
First the dogwoods, then the cherry blossoms, then the azaleas. It is a magical time for me, and I appreciate every moment of it. 
Take a deep breath, Get rid of that stagnant air that has been in you lungs for months, and smell the roses. Fresh starts can be achieved and there is a new spring (pardon the pun) in our steps.

I count the days until spring, the day that the calendar says "fall" like a 12 y.o. boy puts an "X" through everyday waiting for the ticket that his father bought for him for his favorite sports team.

The cold useless air says "bye bye" as the new fresh spring air starts to take over. The girls get to take out and show off their new spring outfits that they bought as an incentive to keep their killer bodies alive for yet, another year, as to say, "look at me, I'm a still a Diva and I want everyone to know it'. I admit that I am willing and able to look at them in total compliance.

Anyway, besides my expressing that the spring in the Northeast is my favorite time of year, I am expressing that it would be the greatest time time of year to receive problem free JH-3a's and their accompanying headphone of choice. Just picture it, walking by the bicycle path, warm breeze blowing through what's left of your hair, knowing there is 6 more months of this wonderful weather.
From the day that fall hits, I am diligently counting the days until Spring, like a child checks his calendar until the day he gets to see his favorite team start their game that dad bought a year ago.

This, of course includes finding a new love or rekindling your 20 year marriage, finding the car or motorcycle of your dreams sitting in your driveway as you head to the mailbox knowing that your JH-3a have arrived with your choice of acommpaning headphones, and watching the local teenagers happily raking your property, of the fallen Dogwood and Cherry Blossom flowers.

Life can be really good, provided that you are not currently unemployed or live in a war torn country.
Remember, we only get between 65 and 85 of these moments, and I feel not one should be taken for granted.

Bottom line, when the JH-3a's arrive (probably early spring) if they sound as good as they did at Canjam, it will be a day to be remembered just like that first flower on the Dogwood tree.
Life is about to be reborn again, and the Northeast will be a pretty place again. Now if we could only do something about people who don't pick up after their dogs, because that smell is nasty when it gets into you car's carpet 
smile.gif

[/size]

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #2,301 of 2,681
yes, if you put an adapter on the cable you can run in se out of the protector (or just use an se cable) - as Jan points out it clearly sounds better run out of the balanced output of the protector, at least to most ears.

And since we are off topic I have had exactly the same experience with my RudiStor RPX-100 amp driving balanced L3000, LA2000, Ed8, HD650 and ER4 versus running them with an adaptor from the single ended output on the same amp, and this is a fully balanced setup as the Jungson cd player is feeding the amp through a balanced connection as well

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #2,304 of 2,681
Reminds me of an album I like...

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #2,305 of 2,681
looks like i solved the portable digital mini to mini issue... must have overlooked this the first time...

... blue jeans cables does indeed make a digital mini to mini. the cable specs to actually mentioin its flexibility and "mobile use" as well.   so there you go.... 1 foot =$28    2 feet = $29.   very reasonable

Belden 1505F Digital Audio Cable
(high-flex cable)

there is a mini to mini option

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #2,306 of 2,681
Quote:
Life is about to be reborn again, and the Northeast will be a pretty place again. Now if we could only do something about people who don't pick up after their dogs, because that smell is nasty when it gets into you car's carpet 
smile.gif

hence the part about getting a new car! 
cool.gif

Quote:
immtbiker said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
Springtime for me is a time of rebirth in the Northeast. New loves, new car or motorcycle, new home, new job and the possibility of a new JH-3A. It is a time of rebirth, where we all get "do-overs",

Quote:
immtbiker said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Remember, we only get between 65 and 85 of these moments, and I feel not one should be taken for granted.

hmmm, i must have missed this passage. where in the manual did you find this?

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #2,307 of 2,681

Quote:
Couldn't resist posting this JH16 pic while we're all waiting for delivery.... (off their facebook page today)

he certainly gets points for creativity, and they do look cool. but i cant help but think they're going to look ridiculous in his ears.  

i dont know if i would want any kind of bullet shell that close to my skin either.. dont those things contain led?

Feb 27, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #2,309 of 2,681

Quote:
i dont know if i would want any kind of bullet shell that close to my skin either.. dont those things contain led?

No, that's just the primer and base area.  Plus it's a shotgun shell which could contain any number of projectiles from slugs, shot, bean bags and what not.  A 'cartridge' is composed of the base, primer, casing, projectile and propellant.  Lead would be in the projectile portion only since it's malleability is conducive to expansion, deformation and mushrooming.  The base is usually brass or steel.  The casing here is typical plastic or paper for shotgun cartridges.

Honestly it's not very well thought out IMO.  That brass is going to tarnish like crazy and it's just cut down and glued on.  I wonder how flat that faceplate and casing cut are for mating purposes.  Otherwise you would get gaps and light seepage.  But it is unique, for now.  

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #2,310 of 2,681

he certainly gets points for creativity, and they do look cool. but i cant help but think they're going to look ridiculous in his ears.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back