JH Audio JH-3A
Aug 22, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #841 of 2,681
Here's some more information guys.

"Originally Posted by faichiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's another hifi player call Colorfly pocket hifi which will be the first 24bit/192KHz player.

Colorfly pocket hifi is a customized product for the advanced audio. It supports most of the lossless audio format files and other compressed audio format files playback, Such as WAV,APE,FLAC,MP3,WMA.

It used advanced audio DAC chip(CS4398), The high performance DAC support sample rates up to 192kHz and accept up to 24bit audio data. Colorfly pocket hifi built a sample rate conversion(SRC) module,It can greatly improve the performance of common audio formats,improve the sound quality.

It chose the TCXO used to reduce the clock jitter, It is be able to match the high-performance desktop audio device.It support SPDIF output, Provide high-performance digital audio output.

Colorfly pocket hifi may be one of the best portable hifi audio products."

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=904618&fpage=4
highend-version.jpg

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #843 of 2,681
Facebook page says late September for release which is a bummer for me.  I really wanted it for vacation.  However, as long as they make September, I am fine with that.

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #844 of 2,681
Last I heard, Jerry Harvey was spotted boarding a plane to Rio, carrying a giant suitcase stuffed with money and laughing maniacally.

Aug 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #848 of 2,681
The only thing I can find on the JH facebook page is this from Sonic/Daniel

Glen Kove Immtbiker here. Any word on when the JH-3a and accompanying headphones will be release to the early adopters from Canjam?

Yesterday at 9:42am · Comment · Like · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · Flag
    1. Daniel James Late September.

Aug 22, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #849 of 2,681

Quote:
Sign....and yes...its coax out....not that you are going to be able to tell the difference if it was optical...

i hate to belabor this point, but it has been brought up too many times on the forum in the last couple weeks, the HM-801 does not have a digital output, it has several digital inputs, which include Coax and USB. the only outputs are the lineout(which is very good, its using dual pcm1704 dacs) and the headphone out. the sflo2 also does not have digital output, it only has a lineout 1/8in jack and the headphone 1/8 in jack.

Aug 22, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #850 of 2,681
Aug 22, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #851 of 2,681
I should add that to the best of my knowledge Daniel does  not work for JH Audio. I am not sure if his information has come from what JH has told him, or if he is guessing

Aug 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #852 of 2,681
There seems to be 3 different JH Audio Facebook pages.
One is JHAudio, one is Jerry Harvey Audio, and the third one is JH Audio Fans and Owners Group.

They should be consolidated to one page, if that is possible. I stay away from social networking sites
pages as much as possible.

"Today I woke up, took some toe jam out from my feet and fed the cat. Next I'm going to do my daily constitutional
while reading my Kindle" 
rolleyes.gif

When I was young (here comes the "old man" statement)...I dialed 7 numbers on something that resembled a phone,
but it had this funny coiled cord attached to it. It was strong enough to beat a man senseless with it. Now, phones are so
meager, if you sneeze on them, the trackball falls out. 
tongue.gif

They are better off with a simple forum on their company webpage which can also consist of FAQ's and Q and A's, IMO.

Aug 22, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #853 of 2,681
I would disregard anything sonic/Daniel James says regarding the jh-3a and it's release. He has been banned from head-fi before (Voltage) for stirring up the forum with loaded comments that have nothing to back them up.

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #854 of 2,681

It has been confirmed by jh audio (Brittany herself) that the release date has been delayed to late september.  
Why else would Jh audio allow daniel's comment on their facebook to remain without correction if it were not true.  
But I will say, JH Audio is being very hush about it. They will confirm the delay when asked but they are not making a public announcement about it. 

Quote:
I would disregard anything sonic/Daniel James says regarding the jh-3a and it's release. He has been banned from head-fi before (Voltage) for stirring up the forum with loaded comments that have nothing to back them up.

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #855 of 2,681

Quote:
It has been confirmed by jh audio (Brittany herself) that the release date has been delayed to late september.  
Why else would Jh audio allow daniel's comment on their facebook to remain without correction if it were not true.  
But I will say, JH Audio is being very hush about it. They will confirm the delay when asked but they are not making a public announcement about it. 

Very interesting. I am currently determining how to raise funds to purchase the JH3A. Will likely mean selling off a bunch of portable gear but I think in the long run it will be worth it to me. 

I am concerned however about hearing the person working with Jerry on the project left and the delay to late Sept.  I am honestly wondering if 1) it is more complicated than initially believed and will it actually be able to exist in production vs. the laptop assisted version at canjam and 2) if the main developer left, what does this mean for the software updates and further enhancements that were previously suggested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back