JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jan 23, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #7,306 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fan photos from JH Audio | Facebook

Don't look like hearing aids to me.

Those don't because are not on the ear and have some art but these look like it.
jh13pro_blutarsky.jpg

Jan 23, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #7,307 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those don't because are not on the ear and have some art but these look like it.

Because they're clear or the overall design? Anything custom will look like a hearing aid simply because it's custom. What are you expecting them to look like?

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #7,308 of 10,743
Quote:

You had to pick the photo of Blutarsky squeezing my original JH13Pro into his tiny little ears?

Have no fear, they were re-done as a flame job instead.

jh13pro_both_sides.jpg

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #7,310 of 10,743
Quote:

Eheh much better I'm very tempted to sell all my recent acquired home audio equipment and buy a JH13 for its portability ability. So I wouldn't need a amp with this ?

It's recommended, yes.

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #7,311 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's recommended, yes.

So they definitely don't sound brutally good as they are described in the reviews without an amp ? This kinda takes the portability out of the window

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #7,312 of 10,743
Quote:

So they definitely don't sound brutally good as they are described in the reviews without an amp ? This kinda takes the portability out of the window

they sound absolutley the dogs knees without an amp, better than any universal by a country kilometer. But even better with an amp
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #7,313 of 10,743
Quote:

Eheh much better I'm very tempted to sell all my recent acquired home audio equipment and buy a JH13 for its portability ability. So I wouldn't need a amp with this ?

Because I don't want to lug an amp around with me, I'm using mine 90% of the time unamped, and they sound wonderful out of both my iphone and ipod classic. Yes, they improve with an amp, and can sound quite astonishing with a killer home source and some home amps, but they don't need one to sound better than every other iem I've heard (no I've not heard the UE18), and many full-sized headphones.

I have a home rig. I have an office rig. I bought these for portable use. I'm waiting for my pico slim, which I've heard a few times now with my JH13s, but I'll still probably use them unamped, even aware of the compromise I'm making, if I'm just throwing them in my purse for on the go.

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #7,314 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because I don't want to lug an amp around with me, I'm using mine 90% of the time unamped, and they sound wonderful out of both my iphone and ipod classic. Yes, they improve with an amp, and can sound quite astonishing with a killer home source and some home amps, but they don't need one to sound better than every other iem I've heard (no I've not heard the UE18), and many full-sized headphones.

its this exact reason (apart from Sony X instead of iPod) I'm thinking of forgetting the M3 project and jumping into a starving student for desktop usage

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #7,315 of 10,743
boomana - your thoughtful and to-the-point posts on this can are one of the cornerstone reasons I decided to take the leap - my JH13s are being made right now. For me it's all about unamped-iPhone3Gs performance - all the upside from Picos and home stuff is just bonus stuff.

All I gotta say is that if I feel the way almost everyone else feels about these cans, well, I will probably reduce my headphone inventory considerably...

Ain't got no purse to throw 'em into, tho...

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #7,316 of 10,743
Quote:

I have seen several photos and almost every one makes the JH13 look like and audio device for earing loss that old mans use, specially because of the white plastic coming to the back of the ear. Do they make it just normal looking like other iems or not possible ?

Whaaaat? The JH-13's look pretty much similar to the Ultimate Ears and Westone IEM's.
So basically, what this is saying, is that every musician who performs on stage (probably 80%) with IEM's, look like they have hearing aids on. Tell that to Mariah Carey or Bono, or Metallica.

Jan 24, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #7,318 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whaaaat? The JH-13's look pretty much similar to the Ultimate Ears and Westone IEM's.
So basically, what this is saying, is that every musician who performs on stage (probably 80%) with IEM's, look like they have hearing aids on. Tell that to Mariah Carey or Bono, or Metallica.

Obviously not, you know that its normal they are artists performing after all, but on the daily basis a person with a white thing like that on the ear makes look like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a home rig. I have an office rig. I bought these for portable use. I'm waiting for my pico slim, which I've heard a few times now with my JH13s, but I'll still probably use them unamped, even aware of the compromise I'm making, if I'm just throwing them in my purse for on the go.

Very informative, I will have to study further if its really worth the money
popcorn.gif

Hows this in noise isolation and sound-scape ?
Do these achieve great sent of space 3D sound ?

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #7,319 of 10,743
Just received my JH13's yesterday. I was expecting them monday but they were super fast with the shipping (shipped thursday night and arrived friday morning in Toronto)

Anyways, first impressions..they look beautiful, they got just the right amount of black in my request for a "bit darker than usual transparent black". Fit is perfect too, and inserting them was simple and easy (these are my first pair of customs).

As for the sound...disappointing
frown.gif
. Overall sound was congested, and although I could somewhat notice some form of clarity, they sound no better than my IE8's, small soundstage too. It feels like there's a veil over the entire sound.

Reading back in the thread, I noticed how a few members experienced this as well, and they opened up after a few days from burn in. I hope that's the case with me as well. I don't think it can be a fit issue, as these fit PERECTLY, and are super comfy.

Anyone able to provide some insight on this/had a similar experience?

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #7,320 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flimberson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received my JH13's yesterday. I was expecting them monday but they were super fast with the shipping (shipped thursday night and arrived friday morning in Toronto)

Anyways, first impressions..they look beautiful, they got just the right amount of black in my request for a "bit darker than usual transparent black". Fit is perfect too, and inserting them was simple and easy (these are my first pair of customs).

As for the sound...disappointing
frown.gif
. Overall sound was congested, and although I could somewhat notice some form of clarity, they sound no better than my IE8's, small soundstage too. It feels like there's a veil over the entire sound.

Reading back in the thread, I noticed how a few members experienced this as well, and they opened up after a few days from burn in. I hope that's the case with me as well. I don't think it can be a fit issue, as these fit PERECTLY, and are super comfy.

Anyone able to provide some insight on this/had a similar experience?

Just let it run for a bit. It should clear up at around the 10 hour mark. It begins to sound really good at around the 50 hour mark. That's been my experience, anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back