JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jan 22, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #7,276 of 10,747
I think as I live in london it should be me who confiscates the 13's. PM me your address timmyGCSE and I'll be straight round.
devil_face.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #7,278 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just a minor correction, gain is indeed the voltage multiplier, so unity gain is 1, not 0. 0 gain would be a mute circuit
smily_headphones1.gif

haha, tru grawk, i definitely meant 0dB, which would be correct. All the numbers on gain i was posting were in dB.

good catch though bud
wink_face.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #7,280 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, thought I would venture into this thread. currently I have the JH5's ( i know i know not 13's but oh well)...

What is a good portable amp for the JH headphones? I have a Cowon D2, i was thinking iQube or a PICO w/DAC
smily_headphones1.gif

I like the TTVJ portable amp/DAC with the JH13. The Pico Slim also is probably worth considering.

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #7,281 of 10,747
If anyone has an extra Pico Slim or TTVJ that I could borrow for a week or so, that would be great. I'd like to compare those versus my RSAs. The RSAs IMO are the best but I have no room for comparison.

And I take ultra good care of my equipment. I'll even you give you a down payment in case of damage. Refundable of course.

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #7,284 of 10,747
I have never heard either. I started off with Xin amps and then moved to RSA. Xin amps had a darker sound and RSA had a brighter cleaner sound. I haven't ventured out from RSA once I got my Tomahawk. Now, I use the RSA Shadow which I really like.

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #7,286 of 10,747
I didn't know they could do that. I would have liked to have had mine lower profile. Mine kinda stick out and I was hoping for a flush piece to wear on airplanes during takeoffs and landings.

Jan 23, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #7,288 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Pico Amp/Dac is a good option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the TTVJ portable amp/DAC with the JH13. The Pico Slim also is probably worth considering.

Yeah the pico slim lookks pretty cool. Is it a Dac/Amp combo as well?

I don't need the slimness, and i'm pretty sure the original pico has more power overall.

Any other amps/dac's to look at in the $500 price range?

Jan 23, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #7,290 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone here that got a low profile fit on the JH13? This means that the monitor goes deeper inside the ear, not ear canal. Could you post a picture of it?
smily_headphones1.gif
Haven`t seen one yet.

Here is a quote from Zac@JhAudio when I was setting this up:

"The lower profile really isn't much different. Sometimes the faceplate of the earpiece sticks out, not laying completely flush, so when a low profile piece is asked for, we try to shorten the height as much as possible, so that the ear piece won't stick out.
So I don't really have an example of it, because its not too different."

JH has lots of pics up on Facebook,here is the one I had done from FB:
969e4175.jpg
--->Wino Solid lower,Candy Apple Red faceplate,Gold art.

Faceplate is very flat,no bulges anywhere.An open face helmet fits right over,just have to watch the cables but not a problem.
In fact if I look in a mirror straight on they are dead flush in the ears,you have to turn to the side to see them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back