JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 15, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #6,601 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My cable has only 5 hours of burn in but so far I am very very impressed!!

Like with the SCSCag cable, it opens everything up and add more body to the sound. Also, the soundstage becomes slightly wider and deeper.

Obviously, the flexibility of the TWag wire is a huge advantage over the SCSCag wire for IEMs.

It's IMO, a great improvement over the OEM cable.

good to hear, mine are on the way, both the jh13's and the TWag cable, though i dunno how long ill have to wait for the cable, craig seems to be pretty backed up. Im excited though regardless. Hopefuly ill be able to use the stock one for my whole trip home for 2 weeks, and then ill really be able to notice the new TWag cable!

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #6,602 of 10,743
This really brings out the creativity in you. My design is coming along a treat, essentially a ballpoint pen blue on a white background. So I keep doodling and realise it looks like Delft china. So now I'm thinking navy blue body, white face plate, navy blue ink effect... and it'll create a 'ceramic' effect.

Then my son insists on some Kung Fu Panda. As he sits on my knee doing little Kung Fu kicks, I notice the artwork on the screen, and now I'm thinking my dragons might look good as a gold line drawing on an opulent red (like "The Dragon Scroll" for fans of the film).

I'm now in no hurry to order cos I want to get the artwork right... and it could take ages!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #6,603 of 10,743
Haha, I know the feeling. It took me a month til I finally finished color and art layout. I got a "wow very detailed" from Adam upon showing him my style guide. They'll definitely do their best to get you what you want. Sadly the laser has a limit on resolution and my efforts of making vectors was a little wasted since the edges were aliased
frown.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #6,604 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have received my TWag cable today, here's a picture with my JH13s.

Thanks for the pic. I ordered mine a week ago, hopefully it will be here before Christmas. How's the flexibility compared to the stock cable ? I was going to buy the SCSCAg cable but went for the TWag since the former would only have been suitable for home use, and I didn't want to be continually swapping the wires.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #6,605 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by NucRad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the pic. I ordered mine a week ago, hopefully it will be here before Christmas. How's the flexibility compared to the stock cable ? I was going to buy the SCSCAg cable but went for the TWag since the former would only have been suitable for home use, and I didn't want to be continually swapping the wires.

Flexibility is just slightly less than Jerry's OEM cable.

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #6,607 of 10,743
If so it would be worth ordering from Headroom. If not, I don't understand how Headroom is offering any value to be a middleman.

BTW, my set is now in the lab
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does this mean that if one were to purchase the JH13s from Headroom, there's a 30-day money back guarantee?

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #6,608 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by aegid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, I know the feeling. It took me a month til I finally finished color and art layout. I got a "wow very detailed" from Adam upon showing him my style guide. They'll definitely do their best to get you what you want. Sadly the laser has a limit on resolution and my efforts of making vectors was a little wasted since the edges were aliased
frown.gif

Aww man, I need detail!

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #6,609 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does this mean that if one were to purchase the JH13s from Headroom, there's a 30-day money back guarantee?

Nope.

But the Headroom people are superb, I'd have no problem giving them my JH13 business (if I hadn't already ordered): why support just one good company, when you can support two, all other things being equal?

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #6,610 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey FortisFlyer! you have way too many questions, man
smily_headphones1.gif

If you don't have the golden ears like jamato8, you will never be completely comfortable with the custom. You can only get used to it I believe. Some ears are much more sensitve and oddly shaped than others. There's a chance of going 3rd, 4th refits but you will always feel it's worth the effort because of its superb sonic characteristics. Yeah, the new ear impressions will cost dough as nothing's free.

I think shorter stems will more likely to guarantee the comfort but based on my experience (2nd refit) it tends to scatter the sound - not focused.

Yes, i do like to ask to many questions, called been thorough! (@£600!)
wink_face.gif

I don't know about golden ears, more like colly flower ears!
That was a joke, don't want you imagining me as been a washed up boxer!

After reading the many fitment stories on here i thought i might have an issue as when i have listened to any of my universal iems with the silicones on when i have the best most comfortable size the left ear has always worked it's way slightly loose every so often where the right always stayed tight all the time, so made me just wonder to myself i think i most probably won't be lucky enough to have golden "jamato8" " ears and will most probably will need a refit at least possibly. (hope i am wrong though)

But i will not let that stand between me and potentially the best sound to man a iem can give, as i definitely will be getting these bad boys in the new year.

Just loking forward to getting these now, and go with the flow with the fit, will just be frustrating when they do eventually arrive and then have to go all the way back across the pond for a refit : (

Cheers MadDog
wink_face.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #6,613 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsawdy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if the TWag cable will turn green or some other color after a while?
George

It is copper that oxidizes and turns green and the TWag is pure silver. The teflon dielectric is very well done on the TWag and the ends of the cables are seals. Also silver oxide is a very good conductor but I do not think you will see any oxidizing of the silver wire.

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #6,614 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgprater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope.

But the Headroom people are superb, I'd have no problem giving them my JH13 business (if I hadn't already ordered): why support just one good company, when you can support two, all other things being equal?

Got it. Thanks.

Dec 16, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #6,615 of 10,743
OK, so while I know I am asking a question to a group that probly cant help but be biased twards the JH13Pro's, here goes.

I just recently (like two weeks ago) upgraded My protable rig to something that I am finally happy with.
Old rig:
2G touch>w/woLOD>P-51/mini3>Shure310's
To a vastly improved new set up:
2G touch>LOD>mini3(or no amp!)>UMX3's
or
Sony X1061>w/wo mini3>UMX3's

Obviously the biggest improvement for me was the UMX3's, I had givven up on the touch, but using the LOD+amp it sounds pretty good, but the sony wins hands down just cause it sounds so good sans an amp. Only reason I an still playing with the touch is I havent had time to port my library over......

That said, I have turned My attention to a good home set up, and as such am 90% done building a millett-minimax to start playing around with full sized cans.

But here is My dellema, Months ago I read a few posts on this thread about how good the JH13's were, but I put them in my "some day when I have an extra $1200 to splurge on myself and get drunk enough to actually do it" catagory. But after seeing how many respected folks on this thread compair them to full sized cans that were already 2 or 3 times what I was planning to spend on my first 1 or 2 pair of full sized cans, I'm left wondering if its not a better idea in the long run to just spend $1200 on a pair of JH13's.
Because honestly, I already have almost $300 into the Millett, the fist pair of cans I was going to get were going to be in the $300 range, and that with the asumption that most likelly I would buy or build another amp and try another set of phones. It would be follish of me to think think that I would spend less than a grand on a home set-up given the fact that I already have much more than that in my quest for a portable.

So, Are the JH13's enough better than all but the BEST full sized cans to just pony up for them and not even worry about messing with the myramid of can/amp choises?

honestly my mind is ~%75 made up, if they are truly that good it seems like a "just can't go wrong purchace". But I have to admit, after spending so much time and $$$ on my existing portable expliot, inside I cant help but feel foolish for waisting so much effort when a $1200 pair of IEM's hooked to a $40 clip could get me to a level others have spent thousands of hours/dollars to acheive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back