JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 13, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #6,572 of 10,743
I noticed with my Double Helix ALO SXC silver plated copper cable for my K702's took around 100 hours to burn in and i think i have racked up around 400 hours on it now and recently i have noticed a slight shift in the sound been a bit more fuller and rounded in it's overall presentation with the bass been more deeper than it's ever been, which has never been the 702's forte vs say the HD650's bass, but it sounds a tad warmer and relaxed as well than before but still maintains that clinical crispness for detail that the ALO SXC wire property has within.
More noticable is the soundstage has widened even more also.

So 300 hours for the Twag, won't take long to rack that up with the addictivness of the JH13 by all acounts on here.
biggrin.gif

Can anyone tell me how far in the stems go with customs on the JH13's compared to say the universal fits of my SE530 & IE8's?
I am just worried if i will have problems with them being comfortable or not, even though i get on fine with my SE530's & IE8.

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #6,573 of 10,743
I noticed right away the more organic nature of the bass with a better foundation when changing over to the Whiplash TWag cables. After 50 hours or so the stage and sound flattened out, not as dynamic and now it has started to open up again. The 13's have a few thousand hours on them as do the original cables. I have mentioned this but I am surprised at how flexible these are.

They are worth the money for the upgrade. To my ear it is as if Jerry said, "Hey I have the newest and latest." There is that much change as to step up these great IEM's to another level, again IMHO.

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #6,575 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spankypoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update: Talked to Jerry, and he's convinced there is a fit issue, so they're going back. I'll post an update once I have the refitted ones.

Did he told you why they need to refit? , shot stems, too thin or loosey?

Mine same as you and already sent them back with a description.

Uhh.. they still don't reply my mails for past 3 days.

Package sent on 12/11 will get there 12/14 . i still have no idea how they think with this case.
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #6,576 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you got a picture of it with the new cable by any chance MadDog?
tongue_smile.gif

Here's the picture requested.
2yoeu7q.jpg

JH13 will definitely be heavier on your ears comparing to IE8 but I'd say it is still manageable. As for me I feel like stuffed turkey on my ears wearing these but fitting seem be getting better as time goes by. My ears are adjusting...hopefully some days I can feel like I am not wearing anything or completely comfortable.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #6,577 of 10,743
I see the twist in the cable is coming loose in a couple spots. Has that been an issue yet?

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #6,578 of 10,743
Well, just got my JH13's after the 4th fitting. One side sticks out a bit more, but they fit!!! With the shipping overseas, etc. it was a three month ordeal, but worth the wait.

Whiplash TWAG cable on the way.

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #6,579 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, just got my JH13's after the 4th fitting. One side sticks out a bit more, but they fit!!! With the shipping overseas, etc. it was a three month ordeal, but worth the wait.

Whiplash TWAG cable on the way.

How long does it take for each refit?, for turn around shipping oveseas.

uhh.. they still don't reply my mail, my package'll be there this morning.
confused_face.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #6,580 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see the twist in the cable is coming loose in a couple spots. Has that been an issue yet?

I never thought that could be a problem. The cable's quite sturdy but not as flexible as the stock cable obviously.

Dec 14, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #6,582 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the picture requested.
2yoeu7q.jpg

JH13 will definitely be heavier on your ears comparing to IE8 but I'd say it is still manageable. As for me I feel like stuffed turkey on my ears wearing these but fitting seem be getting better as time goes by. My ears are adjusting...hopefully some days I can feel like I am not wearing anything or completely comfortable.

Thanks MadDog, that has got me
tongue_smile.gif
over that pic.
Trying to imagine my X with them..,

Can you have the option of having the wiring sleeved over to protect it even further or does it have to be naked like it is with a iem cable for flexibiility and movement?

How does the JH13's sound with your X then and also compared to the IE8's & SE530's as i know you have or had them as well?

I think i will be alright with them being in the ear, just a case like you said your ears getting used to them bedding in after a while of wearing them.
I just get the feeling like a few JH13 owners on here i will end up resending them back for refit at least once.

Man that must be torture to finally get them, then findiing out they have to be sent all the way back to them for refitting, more so as i am in the UK! ouch!

Gee, feel the urge to rob a bank now!

Dec 14, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #6,583 of 10,743
I know a guy in Australia who makes similar cables and just about the same price but you can have some more options as to color and plugs. Ping me if you want his email address and an introduction. He did an LOD for me and the quality is outstanding and very custom made/fit.

PS He's a member here.

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #6,584 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by aegid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How tight of a coil can you get it into?

I can coil my TWag as tight as needed, as tight as the original cable with no problem. It has more "body" than the original and is not as limp but it is still very pliable and can be easily be coiled into a 2 inch or 5cm coil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back