JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 12, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #6,556 of 10,743
I'm waiting for my jh13, but I was able to compare my friends jh 13(so fit was quite bad) to hd650 and 600 on my friends rig for 2000$ and jh13 beats them with no doubt almost in everything. Jh13 was more comparable to HD800 than to hd650.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 12, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #6,557 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh wow hehe if I'm honest I just google searched 'ninja logo' and that's what came up and I liked it
redface.gif
what genre(s) of music do the deal in?
When are you looking to order? If I sell my 530's today then I will place my order either today or tomorrow..can't wait!

I'm waiting til the next online discount mate - still being wowed by the T1s just now. That gives me time to figure out my design options. I'm thinking a Japanese tattoo design with my sons' names
and date of birth incorporated. I'll have to dust off my Adobe Illustrator skills though! If I do that I could also maybe worm a few other themes in.

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #6,558 of 10,743
Oh, and Ninja Tunes is run by the band Coldcut, and it encompasses all manner of headmusic, but mostly trip hop/cut and paste stuff. That said, they span rock, jazz, dub, reggae, soul, and so on and so forth. Eclectic and always emotion and thought provoking.

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #6,559 of 10,743
Hi all JH13 owners;

I am a freshman to the JH13pro's existance, but have done plenty of swatting up now on this thread and other JH13 related thread's with both positive and negative pov's on here regarding them and feel that the JH13's are the way for me to go as all though the HD800's i was originally considering upgrading to, but need a lot more investment to compliment them with a top amp as i don't think my Naim Headline amp with NAPSC power supply would cut it and be good enough with the H800 as i get the impression it at least need's a £1K amp!

Where as the JH13's are really bang for you buck's and sound good without huge investment of amp upgrading as necsescity and i love iem's as much as full size cans and enjoy the sound my Senn IE8's and Shure SE530's give me albiet it they have a totally different sound sig to each other.

So just a few general Questions as i will be pulling the trigger asap in the new year to get these plastic mystical wonders of sound, (by what i have read anyhow!)

1) I am used to the iems like my IE8's & SE530's going in the ear, how much more do the JH13's go in the ear than them with this moulds as i have read that that some people are not used to them going that far in the ear and have problems with the lenght of the stem that goes into the canal.

2) How do you know which Audiooligist would be the best one to visit and will make a very competant mould of your ear for sure?
(as when i am going to be sending them all the way from the Uk to US i want them to be the best they can be first time, fingers crossed!)

3) Has anyone yet felt the need or got a modded cable for their JH13 made yet? - as even though i know these sound good as they do already, wondering how much better they might sound with a modded cable and if it would be worthwhile doing this wiith the jh13's?

4) Can anyone tell me who is from the UK how long turnaround time was for their pair to arrive from date of sending impressions of to them and if there is any custom charges incurred when recieving them, i think they use UPS to send them?

5) If i ever win the lottery after my JH13 purchase when it happen's! lol - is it worth ever investing in a pair of HD800's or equivelent with a matching expensive amp still? or do you never look back once you get a pair of JH13pro's?

I have my AKG702's with modded DouleHelix ALO SXC cable which sounds great through my Naim Headline amp which made me strive for the HD800's with better amp until i stumbled upon the JH13's and what sound you get for your £/$ made me rethink my direction of next purchase.
Should imagine the JH13's would sound okay with my Naim amp also?
(any one out there uses the Naim Headline amp outside of a Naim hi-fi set up also?? doubt it!)

Anyway, thank's in advance for any responses and i cannot wait to get these iem's, surly these will be the last iem's i would ever need to buy? (as long as they last)! lol

k701smile.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #6,560 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting til the next online discount mate - still being wowed by the T1s just now. That gives me time to figure out my design options. I'm thinking a Japanese tattoo design with my sons' names
and date of birth incorporated. I'll have to dust off my Adobe Illustrator skills though! If I do that I could also maybe worm a few other themes in.

ah sounds great!
I would love to hear thoughts of T1's vs. 13's..I would imagine the T1's would be something akin to the 10X3's (I mean that in quality not signature), and they were stunning

Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and Ninja Tunes is run by the band Coldcut, and it encompasses all manner of headmusic, but mostly trip hop/cut and paste stuff. That said, they span rock, jazz, dub, reggae, soul, and so on and so forth. Eclectic and always emotion and thought provoking.

ahhh ok I might have to check em out
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #6,561 of 10,743
I 've been listening using the TWAG cable I just received today and here's my first impression although it requires a little more burn-in. I've noticed a definite enlargement of sound stage with enormous impact. This cable makes sound so much richer for sure so it's a definite upgrade. Yes at 275 bucks price tag it's no joke but could be a must-have for JH13 nutjobs.

Dec 13, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #6,562 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I 've been listening using the TWAG cable I just received today and here's my first impression although it requires a little more burn-in. I've noticed a definite enlargement of sound stage with enormous impact. This cable makes sound so much richer for sure so it's a definite upgrade. Yes at 275 bucks price tag it's no joke but could be a must-have for JH13 nutjobs.

I suppose it would be rude not to invest another 30% on the cost of the JH's on a cable
biggrin.gif

if it is going to improve the sound even more, and especially if it is the soundstage that is improved with "enormous impact" and to think it will only get better with burn in. Will be interesting to see what you think of the sound after x amount of hours burn in?

I had seen a couple of press reviews outide of these forums that seemed to complain a bit about the cable, more ergonomically than SQ side of things.

When i get my JH13's i was contemplating upgrading the cable anyway regardless as any improvement on what seems to be a very good earphone must be worth $275 to improve it even further, as after all with it been a long term buy with the JH13's not being able to resale it at anytime, it surly is a worthwhile investment for them.

I never looked back after getting modded cable from Double Helix for my AKG702's with ALO SXC wire which sound far superior to the stock cable so know it is worthwhile in upgrading.

I take it the TWAG cable is from Whiplash Audio?

Have you got a picture of it with the new cable by any chance MadDog?
tongue_smile.gif

P.S. yes i am a nut job, i just have not got the JH13's yet!!

Dec 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #6,566 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much?

A L-O-T ! (obscure movie reference)

j/k aside, in the case of the JH13, can hear slight differences as time goes by, but not much.

Cheers
Xavier

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #6,570 of 10,743
But that is just something the manufacturer threw out there...
Do you personally find time is changing anything in your cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back