JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 16, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #6,631 of 10,743
Also I think it could even be psychological as well..with a slight discomfort some of us may just go "oh f^#@ it I just wear it..sounds so good and it will get better" but there are some who may want the perfection. That's when the refit journey begins. Of course, there are few exceptions where the fits are just unbearable.

Dec 16, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #6,632 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by super_fied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi guys,just wanted to check...is the new machine in for artwork..how does it compare with the first batch of artworks where problems of fading or hand done artwork being iffy.any comments?

still hand painted. There is a FAQ: http://www.facebook.com/JHAudio?v=app_2347471856 for JH Audio products recently posted on their facebook page: JH Audio | Facebook

interesting read

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #6,634 of 10,743
I'm quite happy they got the fit perfect on my pair the first time. The back and forth process for refits seems long and painful, and ends up being costly for those of us outside the US.

I've been enjoying my JH13 a lot in the past two days, their reputation is certainly not overdone. From what I hear, I'd say their main characteristic is that they're not "impressive" headphones, and that's not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned. They get pretty much everything right, nothing sticks out, they just get out of the way and let you enjoy the music. I guess people who like Grados because "they rock!" or people who like Ultrasones because "they have loud bass!" might be disappointed in the JH13 because they're pretty damn neutral, and that's how I like it.
cool.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #6,635 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm quite happy they got the fit perfect on my pair the first time. The back and forth process for refits seems long and painful, and ends up being costly for those of us outside the US.

I've been enjoying my JH13 a lot in the past two days, their reputation is certainly not overdone. From what I hear, I'd say their main characteristic is that they're not "impressive" headphones, and that's not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned. They get pretty much everything right, nothing sticks out, they just get out of the way and let you enjoy the music. I guess people who like Grados because "they rock!" or people who like Ultrasones because "they have loud bass!" might be disappointed in the JH13 because they're pretty damn neutral, and that's how I like it.
cool.gif

well...the sound is neutral but I was not impressed but completely blown away like nothing I've ever heard before by the soundstage and sheer amount of micro-detail

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #6,636 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well...the sound is neutral but I was not impressed but completely blown away like nothing I've ever heard before by the soundstage and sheer amount of micro-detail

Well, they're IEMs, you can't expect soundstage to compare with full-size headphones. Of all the IEMs I've heard, the JH13 have the best soundstage, but I never expected them to beat the K1000 or SR-007 in that department.

Concerning details, I'll have to listen more to form myself an opinion. It surely doesn't put the details in your face like the Etymotic ER4 series, but on the other hand the details are there and they blend with the overall sound to make a very enjoyable presentation.

From what I can tell, you've only heard the universal demo though, which might be different from the custom version.

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #6,637 of 10,743
Stupid question, does it matter which way the cable plug in? The color dot facing out or in or as long as both are the same is fine? I never change cable but I have a Whiplash cable coming next week and want to make sure they are plug in properly.

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #6,638 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also I think it could even be psychological as well..with a slight discomfort some of us may just go "oh f^#@ it I just wear it..sounds so good and it will get better" but there are some who may want the perfection. That's when the refit journey begins.

For $1100 who would expect something less than a perfect fit? It is ridiculous to expect otherwise.

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #6,640 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, they're IEMs, you can't expect soundstage to compare with full-size headphones. Of all the IEMs I've heard, the JH13 have the best soundstage, but I never expected them to beat the K1000 or SR-007 in that department.

Concerning details, I'll have to listen more to form myself an opinion. It surely doesn't put the details in your face like the Etymotic ER4 series, but on the other hand the details are there and they blend with the overall sound to make a very enjoyable presentation.

From what I can tell, you've only heard the universal demo though, which might be different from the custom version.

yea true..will be interesting to see how the customs compare to the universals (and yes so far only listened to the universals). But really..I've not heard anything resolve so much detail, not heard the ER4 but the HF5's were very detailed. And the soundstage of the HF5's was tiny in comparison

anyway, got an email from jaimie to say they've received my ear impressions and order today
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #6,642 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by le masseur aveugle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received mine, and they fit perfectly
smily_headphones1.gif
, awesome

I hope to say that some day!
smile.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #6,644 of 10,743
My order of preference between my top headphones right now goes like this:
Audio-Technica AD2000 > Sony Qualia 010 > JH13 > Grado HP1000/HP2 > Stax OII

The JH13 deserves to be in the company of such headphones despite the fact it's a mere IEM. To compare it against only other IEMs doesn't really do it justice when it also competes in the same arena as some exceptional full-size headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back