JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 16, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #6,646 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stupid question, does it matter which way the cable plug in? The color dot facing out or in or as long as both are the same is fine? I never change cable but I have a Whiplash cable coming next week and want to make sure they are plug in properly.

Craig told me that the color dots have to face out when i ordered my cable.

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #6,647 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Craig told me that the color dots have to face out when i ordered my cable.

Thanks for the confirmation, judging from my pair and the PIX thread, I will plug it in with the dots facing out when I receive it.

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #6,648 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jh-13 vs hd800 vs ed8 battle will be going on in my home tomorrow should be fun to compare them all side by side

I look forward to your impression of the Ed 8.

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #6,649 of 10,743
It was originally going to be ed8 vs jh-13 vs hd800 vs ps-1000 but I wrote off the ps-1000 because I chose not to include it. If anyone feels like loaning me a pair I will be glad to include it :p. I bought a DA-11 but I haven't chosen a amp yet.

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #6,650 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was originally going to be ed8 vs jh-13 vs hd800 vs ps-1000 but I wrote off the ps-1000 because I chose not to include it. If anyone feels like loaning me a pair I will be glad to include it :p. I bought a DA-11 but I haven't chosen a amp yet.

im also trying to pick a desktop amp to use with the JH13's, id say ive narrowed it down, but its too like 6 or 7 amps, im thinking ill just wait to get one till i can test them all at Can Jam, ill live with the pico slim till then.

Corda Concerto, Headamp GS-1, Woo Audio WA6, AGD Phoenix, GP Headphone Pro, Channel Islands Audio VHP-2, Blue Circle Audio Hat Peed Thingee, and Blue Circle Audio SBH. I mainly want to make sure it has a totally black background. In the thousand dollar range.

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #6,651 of 10,743
So, I am in love with my new monitors... The fit for both is stunning, the left ear being near perfect. The right ear seems to be able to break seal more easily, but I am going to travel with them for the next two weeks and see how they feel before I make a decision about refit for the right ear.

The sound coming out of these monitors is absolutely stunning; I turn on music I listen to all the time, and all of a sudden, it's like listening to new songs.

The only issue I have is that my sound sources are lacking a bit... especially my laptop. So I think I am going to get an iBasso D10 for use as a portable amp and then as a DAC for my laptop. (As well as a LOD for my iPhone...) Anyone have any experience with the D10? It was that or the RSA predator, but the huge comprehensive review series in the Portable Amps forum rated the D10 better in some areas and comparable in others, and that, along with the lower price is kind of alluring. (After purchasing the JH13, the wallet is more like an ID-holder with a desire for money instead of a money/ID holder.)

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #6,652 of 10,743
I have had a refit recently and I have to say they are so much better. I do have a potential gripe though.... Do any of you get any distortion at all??

I do get a bit of a rattle in my left monitor periodically and as I listen to a lot of ambient stuff it can be quite noticable without lots of other stuff covering up. I know we've all got critical ears so anyone else got an issue? By the way I've tried the same tracks that bug me with different sources etc but it makes no difference.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #6,653 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My order of preference between my top headphones right now goes like this:
Audio-Technica AD2000 > Sony Qualia 010 > JH13 > Grado HP1000/HP2 > Stax OII

While I can see why you'd say the Qualias, O2s, and (presumably, since I haven't heard them) the HP1000 ahead, I honestly don't know how the AD2000's could possibly be better. Sure the AD2000's have a fun mids coloration, but they can't compete with the transparency, speed, bass impact, or even imaging of the JH13's. I listened to my AD2000's once or twice before I sold them after I got my JH13's.

Also, although this is somewhat off topic, I figured I would ask here since there's more traffic. Is anyone using the JH13's balanced? If so, did you find a source for the two-prong terminations, or what?

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #6,654 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I can see why you'd say the Qualias, O2s, and (presumably, since I haven't heard them) the HP1000 ahead, I honestly don't know how the AD2000's could possibly be better. Sure the AD2000's have a fun mids coloration, but they can't compete with the transparency, speed, bass impact, or even imaging of the JH13's. I listened to my AD2000's once or twice before I sold them after I got my JH13's.

Also, although this is somewhat off topic, I figured I would ask here since there's more traffic. Is anyone using the JH13's balanced? If so, did you find a source for the two-prong terminations, or what?

Check this out!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/fi...-world-460603/

Looks interesting.

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #6,655 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check this out!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/fi...-world-460603/

Looks interesting.

Yes, I saw that. I'm looking to use my JH13's with my Buffalo32s --> Beta 22 versus now I have to use Buffalo --> Pico. Honestly, I'm perfectly content with 3GS -> JH13 or 3GS -> Pico -> JH13 for portable
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #6,656 of 10,743
yeah, I would love to try my jh-13's with my headroom BUDA/UDAC combo. Of course I still need a pair that fit right before I get to that step!

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #6,658 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, I'm perfectly content with 3GS -> JH13 or 3GS -> Pico -> JH13 for portable
tongue_smile.gif

You and many others have said this, but to be honest, since the iphone or touch has little capacity, lossless files are not a viable alternative and that down grade alone make sit near impossible for me to use my iphone with the JH13s, I hear such a noticeable difference. Even when I don't amp or use my imod but use my old 160 gb classic filled with lossless files, the difference is marked.

Dec 17, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #6,660 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stupid question, does it matter which way the cable plug in? The color dot facing out or in or as long as both are the same is fine? I never change cable but I have a Whiplash cable coming next week and want to make sure they are plug in properly.

Logically, it should make a difference, otherwise, couldn't they be out of phase. They are wired to hit the 6 armitures in a certain firing order, and if it goes backwards, the timing would be off. I called Jamie when I first got them, and she said she didn't know and said she would ask dad and get back to me (never did).
I followed the way they were installed in the UE-10's with the L and R facing the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back