JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 14, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #6,586 of 10,747
After struggling with UPS customer service for a few days, here's what came to my door this morning.
bigsmile_face.gif

IMG_3922-1.jpg

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #6,587 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oto-Ease® Earpiece Lubricant - Bottle | Westone you guys should try that stuff I have a bottle of it and I find it creates a tighter seal on my jh-13's and improves the isolation just as it says. For $3.25 it is def worth a try.

How long does a bottle of that last for approx?

(Or does it depend on the size of the ears!)
icon10.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #6,588 of 10,747
It took 4 refits plus 2 ear impressions to get it almost right. JHA had been quite cooperative during the whole refit process so that really helped. One of the most painful experiences during the refit process is to resort to my IE8 while JH13's gone. You know how good IE8 sounds but comparing to JH13 I found it to be rather boring. With JH13 hooked it up to X you do not need amp - that would propably the best sound you can ever get with the portable system. As for TWAG, yeah talk to Craig..he can just about create anything you like.

I just orderd that magic portion hockeyb was talking about..
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #6,589 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long does a bottle of that last for approx?

(Or does it depend on the size of the ears!)
icon10.gif

Idk I just started using it but it looks like it would take a while for it to run out... I think it is best for new users who are getting use to customs or when you want to get a bit more isolation out of them. Sonically though nothing really changes.

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #6,591 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It took 4 refits plus 2 ear impressions to get it almost right. JHA had been quite cooperative during the whole refit process so that really helped. One of the most painful experiences during the refit process is to resort to my IE8 while JH13's gone. You know how good IE8 sounds but comparing to JH13 I found it to be rather boring. With JH13 hooked it up to X you do not need amp - that would propably the best sound you can ever get with the portable system. As for TWAG, yeah talk to Craig..he can just about create anything you like.

I just orderd that magic portion hockeyb was talking about..
smily_headphones1.gif

Fourth time lucky for you then MadDog... did you have to pay again for your second inpressions and how many refits in did you have to get the 2nd impression done?

Did you have any problems with the stem length at all as i have noticed a few people on here have had that issue in respect to the stem's.

I know by everyone that own's the JH13 that they sound out of this world, but it is hard to imagine a pair of iems making the IE8's sound boring!

I mean, at the moment my IE8's & SE530's are back up to each other if one goes, but at least they are in the same league as each other and i enjoy the SQ they both give, but by what you are saying i will need to by a pair of JH13's to back up my JH13's! lol

I will talk to Craig at some stage soon, no rush yet, i still need to save a bit for the 13's first and get my impressions done, just doing my homework at the moment in preperation for luanch control when i pull that trigger and send JHA the bucks.

I will bear that magic potion in mind when i finally get my JH13's : (

Thanks for the impressions (pardon the pun) on your JH13's, much appreciated and helpfull ; )

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Idk I just started using it but it looks like it would take a while for it to run out... I think it is best for new users who are getting use to customs or when you want to get a bit more isolation out of them. Sonically though nothing really changes.

Thanks Hockeyb213,
Knowing my ears i will need a few bottles of them!
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #6,592 of 10,747
Just received my jh13s! I'll get some pics taken when/if, I ever take the earphones out and stop listening to my music... Or when I finish reburning my CDs to lossless code... So amazing.my ears feel quite stuffed with the jh13s in, but hopefully I can get used to it.

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #6,593 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by yunaforever009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received my jh13s! I'll get some pics taken when/if, I ever take the earphones out and stop listening to my music... Or when I finish reburning my CDs to lossless code... So amazing.my ears feel quite stuffed with the jh13s in, but hopefully I can get used to it.

After a few days you should be totally used to them. I don't even notice mine any longer. Both ears fit the same, couldn't be much better.

Hey any new images of what art people are getting?

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #6,594 of 10,747
Hey FortisFlyer! you have way too many questions, man
smily_headphones1.gif

If you don't have the golden ears like jamato8, you will never be completely comfortable with the custom. You can only get used to it I believe. Some ears are much more sensitve and oddly shaped than others. There's a chance of going 3rd, 4th refits but you will always feel it's worth the effort because of its superb sonic characteristics. Yeah, the new ear impressions will cost dough as nothing's free.

I think shorter stems will more likely to guarantee the comfort but based on my experience (2nd refit) it tends to scatter the sound - not focused.

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #6,595 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by yunaforever009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never reached the point of feeling like my UEs are not there. And I had 2 pairs of customs for a few years.

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #6,596 of 10,747
I always add an alligator clip between the "Y" of my IEM's after the slider part. I think it looks silly when people don't use the slider (REM for exmple, Michael Stipe). It takes all of the weight off and stops it from getting caught on door knobs and plane armrests. Also, the alligator clip (like the one that comes on the ER4P or most wired cellphone headsets), takes all of the weight off of the pull of the cord. Also, make sure to run the cord behind your head and clip the alligator clip to your shirt collar. It makes the IEM almost weightless.

e.g.
th_Alligatorclip.jpg

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #6,597 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always add an alligator clip between the "Y" of my IEM's after the slider part. I think it looks silly when people don't use the slider (REM for exmple, Michael Stipe). It takes all of the weight off and stops it from getting caught on door knobs and plane armrests. Also, the alligator clip (like the one that comes on the ER4P or most wired cellphone headsets), takes all of the weight off of the pull of the cord. Also, make sure to run the cord behind your head and clip the alligator clip to your shirt collar. It makes the IEM almost weightless.

e.g.
th_Alligatorclip.jpg

all good tips, doing as you suggest made even my 22AWG cable I ad a while ago fairly weightless. I dont get this thing of wearing them under your chin, seems weird to me. I have always worn all of my IEMs down my back, with customs its practically compulsory IMO

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #6,600 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any first impressions on sound out of the box?

My cable has only 5 hours of burn in but so far I am very very impressed!!

Like with the SCSCag cable, it opens everything up and add more body to the sound. Also, the soundstage becomes slightly wider and deeper.

Obviously, the flexibility of the TWag wire is a huge advantage over the SCSCag wire for IEMs.

It's IMO, a great improvement over the OEM cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back