JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 17, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #6,016 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks... I will keep that in mine, it is the fourth day now and I do not feel any more pain, just tight fit.

My left bothered me from day one, but the second day, the discomfort lessened. But yeah, your ear might be trying to tell you something. Just keep an eye on it, see if you start developing a stuffed up feeling in your ear or whether blisters or anything pop up.

If you've been listening to them for solid amounts of time and everything's still fine after days, you're probably okay. Ears do have to adjust to this alien intruder, I s'pose.

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #6,017 of 10,743
Similar experience here regarding order status.

My earmolds were received 8 working days ago, however, no email notification or nothing. I sent an email asking if they had received the earmolds and got a rather brief "YES THEY ARE BEING PROCESSED" in all-caps response. Heard nothing in the 8 days since.

So, not experiencing the warmest customer service, but I can accept things seem extremely busy and I'm more concerned with getting a good fit rather than being kept in the loop with order updates.

I'm feeling optimistic and just hoping for no-refit dramas.

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #6,018 of 10,743
Loving husband, wife and daughter.

Guys, show a little patience. Rushing is what causes the needs for re-fits.
This is a major high-end product.
Hang out, listen to what you got, and they will appear on your doorstep soon.

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #6,020 of 10,743
Yeah i rather they do it right first time then get caught up with the hassle of refits, which is costly and seriously sucks. I was promised that they would be here by the 23th though, but they are now even in the lab yet. Anyone knows long does the UPS international shipping take?

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #6,021 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by slattikarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Similar experience here regarding order status.

My earmolds were received 8 working days ago, however, no email notification or nothing. I sent an email asking if they had received the earmolds and got a rather brief "YES THEY ARE BEING PROCESSED" in all-caps response. Heard nothing in the 8 days since.

So, not experiencing the warmest customer service, but I can accept things seem extremely busy and I'm more concerned with getting a good fit rather than being kept in the loop with order updates.

I'm feeling optimistic and just hoping for no-refit dramas.

Ok the all caps response is kinda uncalled for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah i rather they do it right first time then get caught up with the hassle of refits, which is costly and seriously sucks. I was promised that they would be here by the 23th though, but they are now even in the lab yet. Anyone knows long does the UPS international shipping take?

Mine was sent Fedex and took less than 3 days for them to receive it. I have no idea about UPS's speed; do u have a tracking number?

I wouldn't count on the 'promise' of having it by the 23rd though, considering they would have to finish them within the next couple of days and ship it 'priority' without any hassle/delays.

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #6,022 of 10,743
The caps may have just been accidental...don't read too into it.

Every time I've had to talk to Adam (who's really the only guy I've dealt with) he's been really awesome. This morning, I sent him an email with some pictures of my JH13s and an explanation of the issues I was having and what I thought the solution might be, he took the time out to read the email and call me back and discuss the problem/solution. I never felt rushed or like I was bothering him.

If you're really concerned about the delivery status, just give them a ring.

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #6,023 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happybottle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The caps may have just been accidental...don't read too into it.

And it could have been typed on a cell phone, from England or Hong Kong. The customer service team is also the PR team. As noted above, they are traveling until Wednesday.

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #6,024 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sherwood and I were kicking around the idea of a mini-Lemo style - but then I found the Neutrik mini 4 conductor. Hmmm....

yes, there are other options, none of them particularly cheap and all require you to either use with adapter or reterminate your amp, but worthwhile IMO. which neutriks are you thinking?? there is an entire range of mincon connectors made by neutrik that allow you to insert the pins yourself, meaning you can have any number of pins you like in the same connector (up to 12). I have several different connectors on order including the neutriks which I have used before, the mincons are good because they have male and female inline as well as chassis mount; but there are other options too
wink.gif

so the sooner we all get past the size of 4 pin XLR holding us back, the better.

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #6,025 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe
cool.gif

indeed, more soon ;P

Quote:

With a bit of luck they chipped their teeth on which ever reg they decided to chew on.

yes indeed, this is what happens when you start treating native animals as pets I guess. I also had been looking for my black resin dye since that day, today the laundry basin (below where my storage bench is and where the buffalo was perched above) overflowed due to a blockage
eek.gif
seems the same incident that killed my buffalo regs, caused the jar to be knocked down the open drain and blocked the pipe. little trouble-makers I tell you.

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #6,026 of 10,743
I sent mine for bottom-up remolding. They received them last Monday (11/9) and had the remolds shipped out by 11/13 (4 days). I sent an e-mail yesterday morning on whether they had shipped and Zac answered in the late afternoon with the tracking number and that they were in transit. They're scheduled for delivery today. IMHO they work pretty fast, but then again they already had my silicone casts.

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #6,028 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happybottle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spoke to Adam & Zack today. Maybe they got left behind, only the Harveys got to go, LOL.

Just out of curiosity, what's the relation between Jerry, Jamie, and Brittany? All siblings? One of them a wife and the other a daughter?

Yeah, Zac is definitely 'left behind'. I just got the response from him but unfortunately, he can't arrange for my impressions shipped back. Gotta wait Jaime and Brit come back.

And oh, I also thought they are all siblings lol.

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #6,029 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, Zac is definitely 'left behind'. I just got the response from him but unfortunately, he can't arrange for my impressions shipped back. Gotta wait Jaime and Brit come back.

And oh, I also thought they are all siblings lol.

Jaime and Brittany maybe still on the way to U.S. which they came to London and H.K. last week.

I am sure they will contact you soon, no worry, man!

I met with them, they are nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back