JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 18, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #6,046 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spankypoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is going to sound a little odd, but I'd like to see a few colors colors (solid black, smoke, clear) after they've had some use and haven't been cleaned.

Anyone care to air the dirty laundry?
wink.gif

that last line made me think of how somebody would recact if they put their JH13 into the washer....

also ambient vent is to let in a little in some out side, mainly meant for stage performers (so they can hear whats going on outside their monitors, such as the audience 'n' such)

Nov 19, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #6,049 of 10,743
Can someone peer into their tweeter sound bore and tell me what color their high-frequency filter is? Mine is white but seems to be a little darker (grayish) towards the center. I'm wondering if this is just an effect produced by the shell. I got a color change to transparent smoke on my recent remold.

Which, by the way, I love the most because the comfort level for both ears match up completely. I had problems in the first two fits in that one ear was snugger or more secure than the other (left the first time, right the second) which nagged at me constantly. This time around, both ears feel exactly the same insofar as neither feels more or less secure than the other, and thus they're even more easy to forget than ever before.

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #6,051 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which, by the way, I love the most because the comfort level for both ears match up completely. I had problems in the first two fits in that one ear was snugger or more secure than the other (left the first time, right the second) which nagged at me constantly. This time around, both ears feel exactly the same insofar as neither feels more or less secure than the other, and thus they're even more easy to forget than ever before.

Did u use new impressions?

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #6,054 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So they just added layers or something?

No, they rebuilt it completely. They keep permanent earmolds of every customer that they make using your latest ear impressions.

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #6,055 of 10,743
So for any of you who might be wondering "Am I getting enough isolation?", as I have been, reading such reviews as this one: JH Audio in-ear headphones: Worth $1,099? | The Audiophiliac - CNET News wherein the author claims to have not heard a subway train behind him, the JH13s are only said to have -26db of isolation. 26db of isolation, from what I've been reading, lies somewhere between a mosquito and a quiet whisper. As long as you have that much isolation with no music playing, your isolation's probably fine.

At least, that's what I've deduced.

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #6,056 of 10,743
I know Steve personally, but I totally disagree with him.
I can still hear the announcements on the plane and the airport. I can hear people talking behind me. This is a 23-32 dB of isolation not 90. You are going to hear some ambient noise, which is fine, especially on the motorcycle, because you can hear the cars and horns and sirens and yet cutout the wind noise.

My ER4P's foamies isolate more than the customs, but we are talking apples and oranges. You don't need to totally isolate your music world. Playing music at a reasonable level, deep into your canal, is exactly what you need to have a great musical listening experience.

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #6,057 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know Steve personally, but I totally disagree with him.
I can still hear the announcements on the plane and the airport. I can hear people talking behind me. This is a 23-32 dB of isolation not 90. You are going to hear some ambient noise, which is fine, especially on the motorcycle, because you can hear the cars and horns and sirens and yet cutout the wind noise.

My ER4P's foamies isolate more than the customs, but we are talking apples and oranges. You don't need to totally isolate your music world. Playing music at a reasonable level, deep into your canal, is exactly what you need to have a great musical listening experience.

I liked the review, and with the right music going (something with no lulls) I get really great isolation, but yeah, it's less than you might imagine from an IEM.

And I agree with you, I don't mind a little noise getting in. I just wanted some confirmation on my isolation, now I have it. I also figured others might be wondering the same thing.

Now if my left fit can just get re-made so it's comfortable, I'll be set
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #6,059 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by relishmalice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received confirmation that mine are shipped.

Wonder how long UPS would take for international shipments :p

Mine is coming in too! ETA Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back