JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 17, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #6,031 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if JH will refit till it fits? Or do they have a limit on how many refits can be done?

They probably have a limit and decide to refund if necessary but I have my done twice.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #6,032 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if JH will refit till it fits? Or do they have a limit on how many refits can be done?

I'm on my 4th re-fit. I think they are pretty committed to getting things right for their customers. I only hope this is the last re-fit for me!

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #6,033 of 10,743
Shipped my ear impressions today. My first pair of customs turned out perfectly and I used the same audiologist for these so hopefully these fit right the first time as well.

Had a quick question for you guys though. I remember reading earlier in this thread that people with smaller ear canals were getting their monitors back with only one audio hole/port. Would sound quality be effected by that?

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #6,034 of 10,743
Yes, what is "bottom up remolding"?

And no person should ever be capped (except for husband/wife arguments).
In my old neighborhood, getting "capped" is like "2 in the head"...fuhgettiboutit!

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #6,035 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happybottle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spoke to Adam & Zack today. Maybe they got left behind, only the Harveys got to go, LOL.

Just out of curiosity, what's the relation between Jerry, Jamie, and Brittany? All siblings? One of them a wife and the other a daughter?

Jerry and Brittany are married. Jaime is Jerry's daughter, but I think she's Brittany's stepdaughter.

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #6,036 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, what is "bottom up remolding"?

And no person should ever be capped (except for husband/wife arguments).
In my old neighborhood, getting "capped" is like "2 in the head"...fuhgettiboutit!

I dont think I want to know......

and yeah thats exactly what I thought off the bat when I popped in here, 'puttin a cap in you a**'

totally still loving these things more every day; eargasms are getting to be so common I need to find another word.

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #6,037 of 10,743
I'm going to confess right now I have no idea what I meant by bottom-up remolding.

But I got them back. I find it VERY interesting that they chose to give me very long canals this time around (compared to what I had). I missed them a lot, and love them even more now that I have them back. I'm going to have to swallow my words of longer canals providing negligible increases to isolation.. I'm actually pleasantly surprised.

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #6,038 of 10,743
Heh, I told you the long canals do make difference.
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #6,039 of 10,743
As Ray Samuels once said (last Saturday, actually), "The older the Bull, the longer the horn".
Not sure if it really fits in this case, but I had to find a place to paraphrase that particular expression.

Nov 18, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #6,040 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As Ray Samuels once said (last Saturday, actually), "The older the Bull, the longer the horn".
Not sure if it really fits in this case, but I had to find a place to paraphrase that particular expression.

Ear horn? :p
ear-trumpet-photo-102.jpg

Nov 18, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #6,041 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, I told you the long canals do make difference.
biggrin.gif

Well, I'll tell you, my left canal was long and yes, it did provide great isolation, but man, it was just not comfortable. I couldn't ever forget that I had them on with that long canal, I felt like my ear had a death grip on it.

But like I told Adam, the isolation on both the right (short, fat canal) and the left (long, thin canal) was very similar.

Nov 18, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #6,042 of 10,743
Yeah, I know some of the canals are very long and might cause discomfort. My left canal at first was pretty long and touched my ear when I first tried it. However, after a couple days of keep wearing them, the discomfort disappeared and both sides now are extremely comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back