JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 13, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #3,406 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Then HPA's will be 120 pages long! Ah! Right, HPA?

HPA?

No offense but you really make me think of a kid waiting for candies from his mom.
I've seen a lot headphones' fanboys but this is the first time I see reviewer's fanboy.

Larry, you should finish your review soon or else there'll be a lot tears.

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #3,407 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense but you really make me think of a kid waiting for candies from his mom.
I've seen a lot headphones' fanboys but this is the first time I see reviewer's fanboy.

Larry, you should finish your review soon or else there'll be a lot tears.

He's just being humorously facetious more than anything, my friend. I might also qualify as another "reviewer's fanboy," by the way. Reading good reviews makes one's shopping/research experience so much easier and adventurous.

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #3,408 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodcans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My right monitor was losing seal too easily, even after trying them for three weeks. I sent them back almost two weeks ago, and I tell you, it's been a long two weeks. I'm afraid this is some type of audio additiction.I hope they come back soon!

how much did JH charge for re-mold?

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #3,410 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My review on the TakeT was 17,000 words or so including forum code. About 35 pages in word at size 12 font.

The longest (and by far and away the single best, utterly outclassing everything else) headphone review is Darth Nuts review of the SR-007. Theres a link to a PDF of it in my signature. Everybody should be required to read it who is in this hobby. It's an education.

Thanks so much for the reference to Darth's essay/sr-007 review. It was indeed very educational and I learned quite a lot, although I only read certain parts.

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #3,412 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyways so has anyone noticed how good the jh-13's are with cymbals? I have noticed over and over that they shine out on the jh-13's and really have that sparkle....

Yep, they have about the most realistic, natural sounding high end I've ever heard. Well-recorded cymbals are just marvelous.

Aug 13, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #3,414 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me ask you guys, if I ordered the JH-13's in "clear", do you think they will turn yellow over time?

I asked Jerry about that some time back and he said what he uses doesn't turn yellow.

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #3,415 of 10,745
Here's a question to the current owners:

Would these alleviate my desire to change up (or rotate) my EIMs on a pretty regular basis? I've got the IE8/SE530/5 Pro (and EB) and ER4S and I find myself using one for a while (a couple of hours to maybe a few days), then I get bored with the sound and look for a different monitor. Or, I'll feel like a certain type of music that I'll prefer with one IEM over another.

Does the JH13 trump the best aspects of the aforementioned IEMs and, in essence, become the "go-to" IEM, period?

Thanks.

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #3,416 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me ask you guys, if I ordered the JH-13's in "clear", do you think they will turn yellow over time?

no worries about that, if you clean them with AudioWipes after a day of use, there shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone think of using 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to wipe their earphones? If it's safe to clean cuts with, disinfects and is a affective bleaching agent. Shouldn't that keep your Customs free of bacteria, safe to put into your ears, and also stop them from turning yellow?

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #3,417 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no worries about that, if you clean them with AudioWipes after a day of use, there shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone think of using 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to wipe their earphones? If it's safe to clean cuts with, disinfects and is a affective bleaching agent. Shouldn't that keep your Customs free of bacteria, safe to put into your ears, and also stop them from turning yellow?

The material they use [UE, JH and Westone] doesn't become yellow.
wink.gif

That's what they all said.

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #3,418 of 10,745
I'm not sure anyone can answer whether or not the JH13's will alleviate your personal need to "change things up" (that's more of a personal psychology thing), but if you re-phrase your question to ask if the JH13's are better in every way than the other IEM's you mention, I think you will get a 100% unanimous, emphatic "Yes" from everyone.

I think the problem with answering your question is that "upgrade-itis" has been mis-named. It may not have anything to do with upgrading, but rather is more of a compulsive need to have something new all the time, something to research, talk about, wait for, etc.

So, will your "Jones" be satisfied by the JH13? I dunno. Guess that would depend on the particular strain of "upgrade-itis" that ails you.

For my part, I'm done. My search for the holy grail of headphones has come to a euphoric end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a question to the current owners:

Would these alleviate my desire to change up (or rotate) my EIMs on a pretty regular basis? I've got the IE8/SE530/5 Pro (and EB) and ER4S and I find myself using one for a while (a couple of hours to maybe a few days), then I get bored with the sound and look for a different monitor. Or, I'll feel like a certain type of music that I'll prefer with one IEM over another.

Does the JH13 trump the best aspects of the aforementioned IEMs and, in essence, become the "go-to" IEM, period?

Thanks.

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #3,419 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by spleisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure anyone can answer whether or not the JH13's will alleviate your personal need to "change things up" (that's more of a personal psychology thing), but if you re-phrase your question to ask if the JH13's are better in every way than the other IEM's you mention, I think you will get a 100% unanimous, emphatic "Yes" from everyone.

I think the problem with answering your question is that "upgrade-itis" has been mis-named. It may not have anything to do with upgrading, but rather is more of a compulsive need to have something new all the time, something to research, talk about, wait for, etc.

So, will your "Jones" be satisfied by the JH13? I dunno. Guess that would depend on the particular strain of "upgrade-itis" that ails you.

For my part, I'm done. My search for the holy grail of headphones has come to a euphoric end.

(gets off couch)...Thanks for that session, spleisher. Do I pay the receptionist on the way out?
wink_face.gif

I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that these are supposed to be better than all. How can it be both more laid back than the IE8s, yet have better and more present mids than the SE530s, while at the same time having better transparency and articulation than the ER4S all the while pounding the low end as deep (yet tighter) then the 5 EB?

I just don't get it. It's like having an ice cream that's both more chocately than the most chocolate, while at the same time being more strawberry than the best strawberry and, oh, by the way, more vanilla-ly than the best vanilla and besting the best orange sherbert, to boot.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to eventually cough up the dough and hear them for myself at some point.

I'm still trying (and succeeding so for) to resist.

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #3,420 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(gets off couch)...Thanks for that session, spleisher. Do I pay the receptionist on the way out?
wink_face.gif

I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that these are supposed to be better than all. How can it be both more laid back than the IE8s, yet have better and more present mids than the SE530s, while at the same time having better transparency and articulation than the ER4S all the while pounding the low end as deep (yet tighter) then the 5 EB?

I just don't get it.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to eventually cough up the dough and hear them for myself at some point.

I'm still trying (and succeeding so for) to resist.

Every listen to "good" live music? It has it all, balanced and doesn't leave you wanting in any area. Enter the JH 13 Prooooo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back