Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ No sibilance?

Not audibly so sir
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #3,380 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh? Is that only me, or has the precision of the artwork really improved tremendously?

Well l would think that they have had enough practice by now. :^)

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #3,382 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why some of JH13s have two holes in a nozzles some have just one?

They all have two, however some monitors have both bores terminate into one as some individuals canals are not large enough at the end to fit two bores, so they combine at the tip into a single bore. There's no difference in sound what so ever, as it's only the ending of the bores that are being merge.

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #3,383 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ No sibilance?

Pretty much none, even with the harshest of sources. Yet it still has that "sparkle" and "zing" to make things exciting.

Opposite experience than what I had with the HD800's.

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #3,386 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My review is about 80% done.

I don't think I've ever come across an audiophile component review/impression that is going to be as in depth as the one you're working on. I've read so many of all kinds: DACs, amps (mostly SS), crazy mods of all sorts, and full-size hp's and iems; but this one, I may actually have to take the time to grind some coffee beans, french press them, and then sit down to sip and enjoy while reading. (Not a fan of popcorn, sorry.) You said at least 5.5 pages in MS Word, right? Wow... I'll start roasting the beans when the sun comes up. They can sit up to a week after roasting, before losing too much freshness. Oh no, didn't mean to give you a due date!
tongue.gif

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #3,387 of 10,747
Hi folks;

I haven't read all the thread admittedly, but love the enthusiasm. I have one big concern I haven't seen addressed...ear wax. I'd like to think i'm as clean as the next guy, but have had to buy several replacement filters for my E4's. Tell me that in general, the customs came apart so they can be cleaned...please. I think i read they can be cleaned at the factory, but at 1k plus, no down time is acceptable.

Baz

Aug 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #3,388 of 10,747
I got my JH-13's on monday. I'm happy and sad at the same time. They sound amazing. My UE-10's, i never thought i would say this, almost sound muddy compared to the JH-13's.

The bad news is that the IEM's are very tight. Whenever i move my jaw, it sounds like the IEM's is getting sucked in further than it's supposed to. It affects the sound in a very bad way. I had an open mouth impression like instructed just like i did with the UE-10's back in the day. Those fit good.

I will have to send mine back. I don't know if i should send them new impressions or the UE-10's. Anyone have suggestions?

Aug 13, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #3,389 of 10,747
Reading the reviews is making me drool. I haven't used any IEMs in ages. For me, the only downside is the thought of having something stuck in my ears is somewhat bothersome. And the hassle of returning them for a refit if the first try didn't fit too well.

Aug 13, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #3,390 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my JH-13's on monday. I'm happy and sad at the same time. They sound amazing. My UE-10's, i never thought i would say this, almost sound muddy compared to the JH-13's.

The bad news is that the IEM's are very tight. Whenever i move my jaw, it sounds like the IEM's is getting sucked in further than it's supposed to. It affects the sound in a very bad way. I had an open mouth impression like instructed just like i did with the UE-10's back in the day. Those fit good.

I will have to send mine back. I don't know if i should send them new impressions or the UE-10's. Anyone have suggestions?

Send in your UE-10's if they fit perfectly now. Jerry can scan them and use it as a basis for the refit.

Yes, refits are often a reality for Customs. But when the fit is perfect, it's well worth the hassle. Only thing is it's worse with the JH13 because you'll miss them that much more after hearing them.

My hands are shaking as I type this post.......
frown.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back