JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 14, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #3,436 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by spleisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For my part, I'm done. My search for the holy grail of headphones has come to a euphoric end.

Uuh, right, keep trying to convince yourself of that. Have you heard about the new JH-14 Pro?

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #3,437 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(gets off couch)...Thanks for that session, spleisher. Do I pay the receptionist on the way out?
wink_face.gif

I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that these are supposed to be better than all. How can it be both more laid back than the IE8s, yet have better and more present mids than the SE530s, while at the same time having better transparency and articulation than the ER4S all the while pounding the low end as deep (yet tighter) then the 5 EB?
I just don't get it. It's like having an ice cream that's both more chocately than the most chocolate, while at the same time being more strawberry than the best strawberry and, oh, by the way, more vanilla-ly than the best vanilla and besting the best orange sherbert, to boot.
I'm guessing I'm going to have to eventually cough up the dough and hear them for myself at some point.
I'm still trying (and succeeding so for) to resist.

resistance is futile!
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
popcorn.gif
deadhorse.gif
rolleyes.gif

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #3,438 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh yeah and what a wonderful journey it is, if its all a joke, I hope you like animals, because you'll find a horse's head in your bed
evil_smiley.gif

lol, ok I answered this a couple pages back, I think its been a bit over a month. I havent looked it up and having really been counting the days until lately

nice work, is that 'joshua tree' a cherry tree, willow or what?? apparently hanging out with them ensures they get done a little quicker (as you would expect), I think they'll now have a whole heap of new 'friends'
wink.gif

It's actually a "Joshua Tree"

Here's a link to the site for the actual park:

Joshua Tree National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

As for going by Jerry's while they were working on my piece, I was really careful not to intrude, overstay my welcome, or get too involved in the process. They're really budy there (as I'm sure everyone on this thread knows), and the last thing I wanted to do was get in their way. I was also careful not to rush them. The last thing they need is a bunch of people banging on the doors pushing them along.

Nonetheless, I do consider myself lucky to be "in the neighborhood", so to speak. It is fascinating to see someone who is an expert of a craft doing what they do.

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #3,439 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know, I'm kinda enjoying the tears.

Professional deformation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's just being humorously facetious more than anything, my friend.

Thank you. I didn't think my joke needed an interpreter, but obviously it did, at least for Lil' Knight.
tongue.gif

Quote:

yeah I think lil'knight may not have caught Sinocelts incessant humor
wink.gif
I personally find it pretty funny. facetiousness can be difficult to spot depending where you are from.

Thanks. I'm not in a position to judge if I succeeded in being funny (the first short story I sold was a humorous piece, but I quickly switched to other atmospheres I was better suited for), yet I truly failed to foresee that anyone would take my "120 pages" seriously.

As a sidenote: have you noticed how, when people start a sentence with "No offense but," you can be sure they're going to be knowingly offensive? It is not unlike the modern practice of adding a smiley after an insult and pretending it makes it alright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me ask you guys, if I ordered the JH-13's in "clear", do you think they will turn yellow over time?

No, not acrylic; it is soft silicone, such as used by Sensaphonics, that will take over time a yellowish cast.

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #3,441 of 10,747
Quote:

^^^ So if the JH-13 Pro is made from soft silicone, over time, it will turn yellow?

David, it's made from an acrylic that won't turn yellow. if you're really worried, just have them make them in a yellow color
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #3,442 of 10,747
I was a huge fan of W3's with Olive tips,
through a P-51 Mustang!

But the 13's through the Mustang - well they're just SPOOKY GOOD!

My venerable W3's are my new "Yuins".

My 13's are so darn comfortable, for hours & hours,
that I'm thinking of using the PTH module from my SE530's
to interact, when absolutely necessary, with other humans - without having to remove "my JH-ears".

PS: a few well engineered albums that show off the 13's well, fwiw
[available in iTunes 256kbps, although lossless is noticeably better]

Bella Sonus: Enamoured (thanks Ray!)
Eagles: Long Road Out of Eden
Clapton / Winwood: Madison Square Garden - live

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #3,443 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by spleisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's actually a "Joshua Tree"

Here's a link to the site for the actual park:

Joshua Tree National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

doh!! I should've known; U2 doesnt do much without a political bent

Quote:

As for going by Jerry's while they were working on my piece, I was really careful not to intrude, overstay my welcome, or get too involved in the process. They're really budy there (as I'm sure everyone on this thread knows), and the last thing I wanted to do was get in their way. I was also careful not to rush them. The last thing they need is a bunch of people banging on the doors pushing them along.

you do know I wasnt being serious though?? all the same; you did seem to get them a little quicker, I wasnt saying you got in the way.

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #3,444 of 10,747
Quote:

^^^ So if the JH-13 Pro is made from soft silicone . . . .

Whoa, wait. Are these soft silicone or the harder material like the UE customs?

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #3,445 of 10,747
The 13's are hard and not made of silicone. JH Audio does not believe in or use the heat sensitive silicone. I spoke to Jerry about this some time back by phone.

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #3,449 of 10,747
Quote:

doh!! I should've known; U2 doesnt do much without a political bent

you do know I wasnt being serious though?? all the same; you did seem to get them a little quicker, I wasnt saying you got in the way.

Oh, no worries at all. I know you weren't serious.

Maybe I'm being a little too sensitive, but I just want to be sure that noone gets the idea that the local guy was in there holding up their orders or anything like that.

I will say this, however... I guess I got mine a little quicker because, since I'm local, I wasn't about to wait on the case in order to take delivery of my 'phones. I told 'em I'd be back to pick up my case later.

But, for pieces that are being shipped, the case, is really, really, nice. Plus, it's foam-lined carbon fiber, so if that won't protect some $1100 IEM's while enroute to all corners of the world, then nothing will!

They really are worth the wait, though. Absolutely stunning sound. With that, I'm putting them back in.

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #3,450 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense but you really make me think of a kid waiting for candies from his mom.
I've seen a lot headphones' fanboys but this is the first time I see reviewer's fanboy.

Larry, you should finish your review soon or else there'll be a lot tears.

I won't mind being a Lil' Knight's reviews' fanboy and any head-fiers' reviews' fanboy as long as the reviews are good. After reading so many hypes in the reviews in the mag's do make me tiring. However, reading a good review makes me mentally refreshing but physically even more tiring! Darth's 'paper' took me ages to finish, for instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back