JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #10,457 of 10,743
So here a pic of my JH13s:

So first impressions: sound great, very detailed and the clarity is amazing, but they freaking hurt my ears. They're going back soon for a refit. Will listen one more day tomorrow to pinpoint exactly where it hurts, but it's mostly at the tragus and anti-tragus, too much pressure. And when I move my jaw from side to side or open my mouth widely, I hear a slight suction sound in my left ear, as if the seal is starting to break. So I'll ask them to address that too. It's annoying everytime I open my mouth to drink something that I hear that sound, distracts from the music.

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #10,458 of 10,743
Well. Sad to say. Sent off my 13's for a refund today. JHA just did not seem able to come up with the goods. To be fair they were very good about the refund. The service I received from my dealer. Handheld in North London has been excellent. No 13's for me then. Maybe Noble K10 next?

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #10,459 of 10,743
Well. Sad to say. Sent off my 13's for a refund today. JHA just did not seem able to come up with the goods. To be fair they were very good about the refund. The service I received from my dealer. Handheld in North London has been excellent. No 13's for me then. Maybe Noble K10 next?

You got a refund? How? I thought all sales were final. Also, what do you mean by they weren't able to come up with the goods?

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #10,460 of 10,743
I don't want to say too much about this. Several refits and we just seemed further away than ever. I think that having a very decent dealer was the reason that I received a refund.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #10,461 of 10,743
I don't want to say too much about this. Several refits and we just seemed further away than ever. I think that having a very decent dealer was the reason that I received a refund.

That really sucks man. Several refit? Geez. Just sent mine in for my first refit. Hope that goes well. Anyway, glad you got a refund. Hopefully your luck changes with a different brand.

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #10,463 of 10,743

Awww.. i hope the K10s would fit you better (in sound & fit). Other than a really fragile right shell cracking on Day 3, i haven't found a compelling need to sent in for re-fit (not counting discomfort after several hours straight of wearing them). Other than K10 the Harmony 8 PRO seems interesting too.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #10,465 of 10,743
I recently compared my JH13 FP to a pair of universal Roxannes at Headfone Shop and was shocked to hear the 13's beat-up on their newest sibling.

It may have been an unfair comparison due to custom vs universal, plus I use a Spec93 silver cable on my 13's but IMHO the 13's were much more engaging as well as being more coherent (easier to decipher complex passages) with a larger soundstage left to right as well as slightly deeper! The 13's mids were even more detailed, but this could be the silver cable talking, hard to say. The 13's also had a terrific holographic sound the Roxxane's just couldn't muster.

They can't really be a step-backward from the 13's can they? Then again, maybe it was an apples to oranges comparison and if given the opportunity I wouldn't like universal 13's either?

Dec 17, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #10,467 of 10,743

Maybe stick with silicone CIEMs. I'd be wary about acrylic considering the trouble you had. Some folks just don't assimilate that well. You're in Europe so can get Spiral Ears.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #10,468 of 10,743
  I recently compared my JH13 FP to a pair of universal Roxannes at Headfone Shop and was shocked to hear the 13's beat-up on their newest sibling.

It may have been an unfair comparison due to custom vs universal, plus I use a Spec93 silver cable on my 13's but IMHO the 13's were much more engaging as well as being more coherent (easier to decipher complex passages) with a larger soundstage left to right as well as slightly deeper! The 13's mids were even more detailed, but this could be the silver cable talking, hard to say. The 13's also had a terrific holographic sound the Roxxane's just couldn't muster.

They can't really be a step-backward from the 13's can they? Then again, maybe it was an apples to oranges comparison and if given the opportunity I wouldn't like universal 13's either?

Well that sounds like my experience when I was able to compare the universal JH13FP and Roxanne back to back at RMAF. The Roxanne left me underwhelmed, whereas I was sold on the JH13. Indeed a more engaging sound. Should received my refitted JH13s by Saturday (hopefully), so I can finally really start giving them a serious listen.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #10,470 of 10,743

Well that sounds like my experience when I was able to compare the universal JH13FP and Roxanne back to back at RMAF. The Roxanne left me underwhelmed, whereas I was sold on the JH13. Indeed a more engaging sound. Should received my refitted JH13s by Saturday (hopefully), so I can finally really start giving them a serious listen.

Glad I'm not alone in my findings and thanks for your input on the universal JH13's starfly
Had the 13s for a while, can confirm - was disappointed both times I heard the Roxanne. Driver Warzzzzz

Driver Warz for sure Gilly87!!! For shear detail I still find my ER-4S to be quite adequate and that's with only 1 driver
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back