JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #9,961 of 10,743
I thought the jh10x3 was good when I heard a demo a while back. It's definitely the most neutral of the JHaudio customs that I've heard. It's definitely less bass and warm compared to the jh5

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #9,968 of 10,743
What does the hifiman cost ? Also what difference did you find between the standard AMP section and the iem card.

I'm posting an in-depth review of the 901 soon, but the TLDR version as far as the amp card goes is that it's a significant upgrade, better control of the drivers across the spectrum, more balanced frequency response, and a more open presentation.  The standard amp card isn't bad, in fact, I preferred it to the Pico Slim, but the IEM card is really worth it.  It's $1199 new with the IEM card.

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #9,969 of 10,743
I think I have played around with enough of those all-in-one box solutions to call it quit now. Sure, sonically none of them disappointed, but there were always one or two areas where they left a bit or even a lot to be desired, and after a while the inconvenience managed to offset what they had to offer in terms of sound quality. The best compromise was perhaps the Studio V 2.0, it performed admirably while being extremely tiny and having monstrous battery life compared to the other offerings, but the UI was nothing less than a pain in the neck. 

With that said, I'm going back to an iOS-based setup, hence the Glacier-related question.

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #9,971 of 10,743
I think both the pre-FP and FP versions have more presence in the midrange compared to the Miracle, leading to more aggressiveness, with the original being 'lusher' (eeeek!) but less clear. The FP version is said to pull ahead the Miracle a bit in clarity, imaging, soundstage and resolution. Joker's review of the JH13 FP made some comparison between it and the Miracle, so it could be a good starting point. I honestly think that you cannot go wrong with either, it's more of a matter of preferences and what you can afford instead of capabilities.

Mar 3, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #9,973 of 10,743
I would go for the 13FP if u want detailed and at the same time with fun. And there's also a huge difference for me when it comes to clarity.

Agreed. Clarity and transparency for the JH13fp is really second to none (i have yet to properly demo the Roxanne or K10). It is amazing they can achieve this without sacrificing the musicality and richness of the notes delivery.

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #9,974 of 10,743
I would go for the 13FP if u want detailed and at the same time with fun. And there's also a huge difference for me when it comes to clarity.

Agreed. Clarity and transparency for the JH13fp is really second to none (i have yet to properly demo the Roxanne or K10). It is amazing they can achieve this without sacrificing the musicality and richness of the notes delivery.

Sorry could any (or both) of you answer this question: How do the 13's fare against the Tralucent 1Plus2? Would they have the 1+2 beat in the clarity department?

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #9,975 of 10,743
Sorry could any (or both) of you answer this question: How do the 13's fare against the Tralucent 1Plus2? Would they have the 1+2 beat in the clarity department?

I would rate them on the same level for clarity/transparency. Key differences are the sound stage and signature: jh13fp has narrower staging and more neutral/flat while 1p2 is more V-shaped comparatively. Some feel jh13fp has a bit more clarity on the sub bass region as 1p2 has a bit more mid bass and may overpower sub bass notes on some tracks, but personally I can still very distinctly pick out the sub-bass note.

Both are really top class and it should mainly be a decision based on preference on signature, sound stage, and customs v universals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back