JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 16, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #9,946 of 10,743

FYI, that's actually a single-sided Roxanne hard-wired for a JH13 sound signature and merged stereo. Those are Roxanne drivers (JH13 has different ones), and the serial indicates a Roxanne-type build, denoted by the "JHRX".

How can you tell that those are Roxanne's and not 13Pro's drivers from the picture only? (What are the original 13Pro's like?) What is the serial for JH13 Pro, usually?

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #9,948 of 10,743
  Thanks for adding the info. But, actually this one has different sound signature compare to the original JH13 FP, it sounded like Roxanne with bass control set to medium. (Warmer and thicker sounding than JH13 FP) The only thing that make me thing this one called JH13 is because when I place the order I choose the option for JH13 (suggest from JH Team) 
redface.gif

I see. I just assumed it was set to have JH13 levels of bass because of your characterization of it as a single-sided JH13. The Roxanne bass drivers inherently reaches down a little deeper than the JH13 bass drivers, though, so the two will sound different, even with an approximate similarity.

How can you tell that those are Roxanne's and not 13Pro's drivers from the picture only? (What are the original 13Pro's like?) What is the serial for JH13 Pro, usually?

The JH13 Pro would have something like "JH13-XXXXX" printed on the shell.

Yes, like pekingduck mentioned, the serial would have something like "JH13-XXXXX" printed on the shell, instead of "JHRX-XXXXX". As for the drivers, I've circled two vent holes in those bass drivers. Those features are the defining hallmark of a Sonion 3800 series driver, used in the Roxanne for the lows. The JH13, for both the original and the FP variants, uses a 3300 series driver for the lows, which does not have these large vent holes.

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #9,949 of 10,743

I see. I just assumed it was set to have JH13 levels of bass because of your characterization of it as a single-sided JH13. The Roxanne bass drivers inherently reaches down a little deeper than the JH13 bass drivers, though, so the two will sound different, even with an approximate similarity.

Yes, like pekingduck mentioned, the serial would have something like "JH13-XXXXX" printed on the shell, instead of "JHRX-XXXXX". As for the drivers, I've circled two vent holes in those bass drivers. Those features are the defining hallmark of a Sonion 3800 series driver, used in the Roxanne for the lows. The JH13, for both the original and the FP variants, uses a 3300 series driver for the lows, which does not have these large vent holes.

bigsmile_face.gif
 NICE!!! Thank you for the clarification.

Feb 22, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #9,951 of 10,743
I'm currently looking for a comparison between HD 800 and JH13 FP ver, could anyone here compare it or help point me to the exact thread/post? Thanks

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #9,952 of 10,743
First post! Just..lost my SM3, no where to be found.

I'd probably need a replacement.

Ever since auditioning the JH-16 at Jaben I've been blown away by the sound quality. However the price bracket in SG is...kind of out of my budget.

The thing is, because of birth defects I'm effectively only using one side of an IEM. Am as good as half deaf. Kind of a waste really. Can't afford to blow all that money on a CIEM to use half of it. Was wondering if there's the slightest possibility of even ordering 1/2 of a JH13pro, at a hopefully cheaper price. Think they'd entertain that request? Saw the post above but that's not really JH13pro right?

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #9,953 of 10,743

The thing is, because of birth defects I'm effectively only using one side of an IEM. Am as good as half deaf. Kind of a waste really. Can't afford to blow all that money on a CIEM to use half of it. Was wondering if there's the slightest possibility of even ordering 1/2 of a JH13pro, at a hopefully cheaper price. Think they'd entertain that request? Saw the post above but that's not really JH13pro right?

Feel free to ask your question via email to JH, i'm sure they will respond to it very well 

The problem is, if you "only" order one-sided JH13Pro with 6 drivers, you have to use music player that have option for Mono sound, which is very limtied choices in high end DAP market.

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #9,954 of 10,743
Great, I'll do just that, thanks!

Well that's all right, I used to listen to my SM3 on one side, powered by sansa clip zip/samsung note 2 just fine. I haven't particular noticed any loss of channel/audio etc. can't know what's missing if I don't know what's there, haha.

My previous earpiece though, yes. I remember listening through a particular track wondering where all the vocals went. Then i finally realised I was missing some stuff. Most of the tracks I listen to nowadays are okay though. Will probably try more mono mode.

Okay, gonna email their customer relations and see if they can do something nice! missing some mono-aural bliss already.

Feb 24, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #9,956 of 10,743
  Great, I'll do just that, thanks!

Well that's all right, I used to listen to my SM3 on one side, powered by sansa clip zip/samsung note 2 just fine. I haven't particular noticed any loss of channel/audio etc. can't know what's missing if I don't know what's there, haha.

My previous earpiece though, yes. I remember listening through a particular track wondering where all the vocals went. Then i finally realised I was missing some stuff. Most of the tracks I listen to nowadays are okay though. Will probably try more mono mode.

Okay, gonna email their customer relations and see if they can do something nice! missing some mono-aural bliss already.

Wasn't there a one-sided JH13 (or was it a Roxanne) a couple posts back? Maybe you can ask JH for that.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #9,957 of 10,743
  Most recording in modern era done by stereo sound, which is sound in left channel doesn't always appear in right channel and vice versa. That's why you feel missing something when not in Mono mode :)

Wasn't there a one-sided JH13 (or was it a Roxanne) a couple posts back? Maybe you can ask JH for that.

Don't look like it's a one-sided JH13..rather it's a 12 driver piece..so quite a different beast!

Today I hunted for my note 2's earpiece. God the sound, I had a throbbing headache and nausea about 5-10mins of listening. Tried to replicate the sm3, stuffed the earpiece deep and the volume. No where close. Still feeling the effects 6 hours later... =(

Interestingly, for the same track I've been listening to many times over the past few weeks with my SM3, I noticed the stereo separation in the samsung earpiece, but not in the SM3. Something to do with the way the SM3 is made?

Do the JH13's strictly split the left and right channel?

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #9,958 of 10,743
Angie responded and said that they could create a stereo piece for one ear. JH5's or the JH10x3.
Does that mean 4 driver for the JH5? 2 low 2 high? and then 6 piece on the JH10x3? 2 low 2 mid 2 high?

I was only looking at a one-sided JH-13, cause I heard all the rave reviews about it. I'd probably like it. Would probably prefer this option very much but anyway.

JH13pf
Not as neutral as JH10x3, slightly fun. Not as bassy as the JH16, best middle ground? The JH5 I heard sounds more like the JH16, which I find pretty enjoyable but a little too bassy. Never tried the JH13s or 10x3s, so I don't really know how does sound like, not to mention...how would having both sides of either JH5 and JH10x3 in one side sound like. Do I assume the sound signature is the same?

any advice? should I create a new thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back