JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 13, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #9,931 of 10,743
Anyone have actual photos of their JH CIEM lying around? 
beerchug.gif

By the way, go with the blue and clear. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #9,932 of 10,743
  Just reporting back.

Sound quality is great. Great clarity. Previous impression of congestion could be due to poor source. Perhaps inherent in the CD.

Existing dac/amp iBasso d7 has too high gain for the jh13. At 9 o'clock, it is just soft enough for my comfort without getting into channel imbalance. Tried the JDS C5D yesterday and liked it with mid bass boast and iPhone 5s and CCK.

Cable noise still bothering me. Any recommendations for nice replacement cable with low mechanical noise? Perhaps something without memory wire.

If you like it warmer, go with a pure copper, not plated or alloy. Hybrids can work (1 silver and one copper conductor per side). For noise, flexibility is key. Silver tends to be leaner. I didn't care for the sig of silver gold alloy on mine. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #9,934 of 10,743
I received my JH13 Pro over the weekend and I am underwhelmed. 

Firstly, there is excessive cable noise, be it walking (thump, thump from my footsteps) or just turn my head even slightly. Not sure if it is due to fit issues or otherwise. The seal is good, meaning I cannot hear sound around me. I did wear them as instructed, twisting the earpiece in and then pushing it into the ears.

Next, the sound quality is not what I expected. I'm not sure how to explain it, perhaps the best word is, it sounds congested. Not the airy, sparkly sound when I demo the universal JH13. Also, the mids sounds recessed. I listen them from an iPhone 5s. Again, this might be fit issues.

Bear in mind, I came from Westone4 (the older ones without replacement cable) and with comply largest and longest foam tips.

What should I do next, refit?

I share exactly the same experience with you. Mine is sounded veiled & dark(or congested, in your word), and different from the open-and-bright universal demo. My guess is that it has something related to the relationship between jh13pro and the player. The impedance of the ciem and the output impedance of the player, to be particular. Mine is best (more open & clear) w/ nexus 7 2013 and bad w/ ak120 titan. I am still experimenting w/ setups and combos to find the pattern and the best pair.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #9,935 of 10,743
I'm so confused. What's the point of stereo sound in one ear? and what's the point of only one side with 2 sets of drivers?

Maybe not much for a point. It is possible that maybe the poster is unable to hear in the other ear?

Yes, the owner of that CIEM is only can hear things by left ear.

You still get mono sound but at least you get both sides. Pretty cool of JH to do this for them if that's the case.

You're right, by doing this now he can hear stereo sound but with mono presentation.

The point is, this ciem is very usefull to hear complete sound from a music via any DAPs in the market (he doesn't need the Mono option anymore).

Stereo sound has two channels which is there are differences sound between left and right. Some sounds in left channel don't always appear in right channel and vice versa, that's why he request to make a stereo sound with one-sided CIEM.

This would be similar to placing a set of stereo speakers in a room the sound is still stereo coming from the speakers and also is from the ciem, however if the person can only hear in one ear...

Exactly! 

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #9,936 of 10,743
Yes, the owner of that CIEM is only can hear things by left ear.

You're right, by doing this now he can hear stereo sound but with mono presentation.

The point is, this ciem is very usefull to hear complete sound from a music via any DAPs in the market (he doesn't need the Mono option anymore).

Stereo sound has two channels which is there are differences sound between left and right. Some sounds in left channel don't always appear in right channel and vice versa, that's why he request to make a stereo sound with one-sided CIEM.

Exactly! 

Wes mbengi, diluk ngkas subuh iki. Ayo turu, Nic!

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #9,938 of 10,743
  Just reporting back.

Sound quality is great. Great clarity. Previous impression of congestion could be due to poor source. Perhaps inherent in the CD.

Existing dac/amp iBasso d7 has too high gain for the jh13. At 9 o'clock, it is just soft enough for my comfort without getting into channel imbalance. Tried the JDS C5D yesterday and liked it with mid bass boast and iPhone 5s and CCK.

Cable noise still bothering me. Any recommendations for nice replacement cable with low mechanical noise? Perhaps something without memory wire.

Get a clip for the cable.

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #9,940 of 10,743
Wow these things sound great right out of the gate.  Radshack has the clip zip 8gb's on sale for 44.99 so I had to pick one up.  Got it rockboxed and that little thing matches well with the 13FP's it doesn't have the oomph like the R10 but it pairs nicely.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #9,941 of 10,743
  The First and The Only in Indonesia (and probably in the world): Super Special Order "One Sided" JH13Pro !! 

p.s: Yeah, it has 12 drivers inside and produce stereo sound.

Sorry for bring this up again, but wow, thats soo cool and good looking, just to clarify, so they stuffed 2 x 3 x dual drivers into a single ear piece???(unlike what they do in roxannes 3 x quad drivers)????

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #9,942 of 10,743
  Sorry for bring this up again, but wow, thats soo cool and good looking, just to clarify, so they stuffed 2 x 3 x dual drivers into a single ear piece???(unlike what they do in roxannes 3 x quad drivers)????

Yes you're correct.

It's use 12 drivers that divided into 2 channel stereo (six drivers per channel), surely different than roxanne which is use 24 drivers that divided into 2 channel stereo :)

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #9,943 of 10,743
  The First and The Only in Indonesia (and probably in the world): Super Special Order "One Sided" JH13Pro !! 

p.s: Yeah, it has 12 drivers inside and produce stereo sound.

FYI, that's actually a single-sided Roxanne hard-wired for a JH13 sound signature and merged stereo. Those are Roxanne drivers (JH13 has different ones), and the serial indicates a Roxanne-type build, denoted by the "JHRX".

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #9,944 of 10,743
Okay so while the clip zip sounds good, I didn't realize that when you plug in headphones while it is paused (after unplugging them while pausing first) that it will auto play.  I immediately unplugged the headphones before the thought crossed my mind that that wouldn't be a good idea since the plug may not even have been in all the way.  Question is will this hurt the 13 fp's? 

Has anyone else plugged unplugged them while music is on? 
I thought that pausing and plugging/unplugging them would be ok (even without lowering the volume) is that incorrect?

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #9,945 of 10,743

FYI, that's actually a single-sided Roxanne hard-wired for a JH13 sound signature and merged stereo. Those are Roxanne drivers (JH13 has different ones), and the serial indicates a Roxanne-type build, denoted by the "JHRX".

Thanks for adding the info. But, actually this one has different sound signature compare to the original JH13 FP, it sounded like Roxanne with bass control set to medium. (Warmer and thicker sounding than JH13 FP)

The only thing that make me thing this one called JH13 is because when I place the order I choose the option for JH13 (suggest from JH Team) 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back