JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 1, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #10,171 of 10,743
I was reading through the thread and realized that I shouldn't have done so. It made my wait for my JH13 FP all the more painful..

On a side note has anyone used these with the following? : (DAP) Sony ZX1 and iBasso DX90 ; (Cable) Effect Audio Crystal Piccolino and Toxic Cables

Hows the synergy for them with the JH13FPs? =)

I have the zx1 with the jh13 and they sound great. Like the previous poster they sound great from something simple as a phone but the zx1 does improve on it.

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #10,173 of 10,743
My JH16FP sound freakin awesome out of the DX90 - not the 13, but damned close.

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #10,175 of 10,743
I uses my jh13fp with ak240, hm901, zx1, dx90, and note3. While they all do sound different, I can say the jh13fp sounds GREAT on all of them. It is the least picky IEM among all the ones I have.

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #10,176 of 10,743
Hey Ivabign how does the w4 pair with the 90 and furthermore how does it compare to the 16 with the 90?

Hey Poimandres - you're gonna have to get my headphones out of your Avatar! 
biggrin.gif

I think what has surprised me about the W4 is the bass response - the W4R "custom" is an accurate phone with great mids and nice non-fatiguing highs - but the bass is great - lots of definition and detail - good extension. I used to own the Heir 8A & 4A (Well, I just got another chance on a pair of 8A's and I couldn't refuse) The 8A was the bass monster and the 4A was the accurate one - the W4 reminds me of the 4A in that is an accurate phone with nice detail - bass is there, but not too big. Perfect for jazz and classical - the highs are better than my 4A's - they aren't sibilant at all and they sound natural - there was an artificial quality to the old Heirs up high - cymbals were off and female vocals were kidding something - and this was noticed before the controversy about the 4K dip...

When I think of how much I have invested >$400 - they have their place in my collection - just a really nice sounding headphone. I did some frequency sweeps and they reproduce down to 10hz - not huge volume down there, but good volume and presence - very happy - the DX90 increases soundstage for all my phones - abad the W4 already had a nice sense of space.

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #10,177 of 10,743
Lol I certainly do. I haven't owned the pico either since last October. For me customs are the only way to go. I am considering having inearz reshell my pfe132's once I receive them back from a warranty replacement. I am curious to see how they will sound compared to my 13's.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #10,179 of 10,743
FINALY got confirmation, my jh13's will arrive on Friday!

Let's hope that is what actually happens and that CS issues are limited to the Roxannes. See appropriate thread.
I also hope you enjoy your 13's. Just a thought. Don't expect an OMG! Moment when you first hear them. IME (and others) they kind of sneak up on you!
Keep us posted!

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #10,180 of 10,743
They are absolutely divine on the dx90.

Thanks matey! Have got an DX90 too and I am looking forward to them. Cheers!

My JH16FP sound freakin awesome out of the DX90 - not the 13, but damned close.

Bet it shook your skull via the 2.0.0 firmware. Haha!

I have the zx1 with the jh13 and they sound great. Like the previous poster they sound great from something simple as a phone but the zx1 does improve on it.

Hows the ZX1 sounds when a/bed against the DX90? Just got my DX90 and here I am looking greedily at the ZX1. OTL

Just a personal opinion. You don't need all that stuff to make the 13's sound good. They sound great just out of my iPhone 5S.

Thanks for the opinion! On a non-picky iem I guess its all about marginal differences!

I uses my jh13fp with ak240, hm901, zx1, dx90, and note3. While they all do sound different, I can say the jh13fp sounds GREAT on all of them. It is the least picky IEM among all the ones I have.

Thanks for the input matey! Does ZX1 and DX90 renditions the 13FP in any significantly different way? =D

Jun 7, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #10,181 of 10,743
I've had my JH-13s for a few weeks now and am loving the sound. They seemed to fit fine at first, but after wearing them for an hour or so I get aching in both ears. Feels like the custom shells are slightly too big or something, there are pressure spots that are really bothersome. What's the usual procedure if this is the case? I feel like another set of impressions would generate the same results.

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #10,182 of 10,743
I've had my JH-13s for a few weeks now and am loving the sound. They seemed to fit fine at first, but after wearing them for an hour or so I get aching in both ears. Feels like the custom shells are slightly too big or something, there are pressure spots that are really bothersome. What's the usual procedure if this is the case? I feel like another set of impressions would generate the same results.

I normally could wear my 13's up to 3 hours before having to take them out because of sweat in the canals (which is the healthy thing to do anyway). IMO the correct thing to do might be to consult your audiologist about the issue first and see if sending them back is absolutely required or not. You'd really want to take advantage of the refit window before it runs out

Jun 7, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #10,183 of 10,743

I'm in a similar situation. My 13's feel a bit "big". I'm reluctant to go for a refit as I do have a great seal and figure that it would be very easy to go the other way and end up "small"! I did see in a video that one of the first stages of making a CIEM from the impressions is to dip the impression in wax to remove surface defects. It seems to me that this is where deviation from the perfect fit of a good impression could occur. I don't know how you can get around that potential for oversize. It's not down to the quality of impression. Which may well be perfect.

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #10,184 of 10,743
I normally could wear my 13's up to 3 hours before having to take them out because of sweat in the canals (which is the healthy thing to do anyway). IMO the correct thing to do might be to consult your audiologist about the issue first and see if sending them back is absolutely required or not. You'd really want to take advantage of the refit window before it runs out

When you initially insert the JH13, try seating the shells a little less tightly in your ear.  Having owned many customs over the years, I found that when inserting them, they should make just enough contact with the outer ear canal and bowl of your ear to form a seal.  The shells shouldn't be excessively pushed in or be forced to seal.  A merely requisite seal allows the ear tissue to heat up, expand, and naturally seal with the custom's acrylic (or silicone).  Twisting an IEM too tightly into your ear may yield an immediate seal.. but over time (i.e. in your case, an hour), the excessive pressure doesn't let the ear tissue form a "natural" bond with the shell of the IEM.. leading to pain and fatigue.

I typically twist my JH13 in just enough to create a "loose" seal (as I previously described), then I grip the two "corners" (at the top and bottom of the shell) and very gently 'jiggle' the shells up and down for a few seconds to stimulate the inner ear tissue.  That's it.  Within thirty seconds, a natural seal has formed and the JH13 feels virtually 'invisible' in my ear.  This has just been my experience, but I found approaching cIEM insertion this way has consistently yielded a comfortable fit for long periods of time.. and the SQ is delivered as intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back