JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
May 24, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #10,160 of 10,743
Fit and seal are all important in an IEM.

Noticed your headphone inventory, HD600 & JH13 are specifically what I'm asking after. I just wanted to get your impressions of the JH13 in comparison with the HD600 as both are of similar sound signature and go easy in the bass region which I prefer. After demoing the JH13 I didn't like it, and thought it was average (although I only tried it 2 minutes as they were uncomfortable.) I even prefer my HD205 on some aspects in comparison to even the Roxannes. I am not too fond of the directness (congested) sound of IEMs (although this may be due to the fit), and in comparison to the Roxannes I find the HD205 more immersive. 

After this encounter I started thinking IEMs were not for me, however as some others pointed out that I am too used to them as with time my ears have become accustomed to the dark signature. How do the JH13s compare to your HD600? With regards to detail, sound stage (albeit virtual) and imaging. These are my top three most important areas in subsequent order.

May 24, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #10,162 of 10,743
Noticed your headphone inventory, HD600 & JH13 are specifically what I'm asking after. I just wanted to get your impressions of the JH13 in comparison with the HD600 as both are of similar sound signature and go easy in the bass region which I prefer. After demoing the JH13 I didn't like it, and thought it was average (although I only tried it 2 minutes as they were uncomfortable.) I even prefer my HD205 on some aspects in comparison to even the Roxannes. I am not too fond of the directness (congested) sound of IEMs (although this may be due to the fit), and in comparison to the Roxannes I find the HD205 more immersive. 

After this encounter I started thinking IEMs were not for me, however as some others pointed out that I am too used to them as with time my ears have become accustomed to the dark signature. How do the JH13s compare to your HD600? With regards to detail, sound stage (albeit virtual) and imaging. These are my top three most important areas in subsequent order.
30 seconds listening to the JH13FP made it clear to me: it's not an "average" earphone

May 24, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #10,163 of 10,743

I just replied to you on another thread! 
etysmile.gif
 I really think that you need to listen to more gear before buying. To answer your question. Unfortunately my JH have had to go back to be checked. (don't ask!) So I cannot do a direct comparison ATM. 
I will say that listening to the 600's. They are superb. Beautifully balanced IMO. The sound is more out of the head than an IEM. The JH are also well balanced except they have a warmth to the bass that I am not keen on. Other than that oodles of lovely detail and clarity.
The JH have an in head sound to me. It's as if the space within my head is expanded to about two feet in diameter though (!) I really like the sensation and the immediacy and presence of a good IEM. YMMV. Try and check out the places I recommend in the other thread. my advice would be not to dive in at the deep end. There are impressive IEM's to be had around the £150 mark. HTH.

May 25, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #10,164 of 10,743
Sounds like a plan. I've actually been looking for places to demo for ages but was searching the wrong way. I kept searching in forums 'where auction gear in UK' for which only a handful of posts would show up of which none were helpful but never actually tried googling 'headphones UK'!

Out of the two which has a wider selection of equipment to choose from, theheadphone company or hifiheadphones?

May 25, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #10,165 of 10,743
Out of the two which has a wider selection of equipment to choose from, theheadphone company or hifiheadphones?

The Headphone Company probably has a wider selection and also does customs.
I had stellar service from John at hifiheadphones though.

May 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #10,166 of 10,743
Does anyone have a recommendation on an entry level IEM? That is a step above the SE425, (I didn't like it). I ask because I am trying to get used to that 'IEM sound'. Already have ATH M50's on order so I can try to see what type of signature I want as I heard they are relatively neutral since they are monitor headphones after all. I am looking for a sound level on par with the M50's, but in an IEM. Thanks in advance.

May 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #10,167 of 10,743
Does anyone have a recommendation on an entry level IEM? That is a step above the SE425, (I didn't like it). I ask because I am trying to get used to that 'IEM sound'. Already have ATH M50's on order so I can try to see what type of signature I want as I heard they are relatively neutral since they are monitor headphones after all. I am looking for a sound level on par with the M50's, but in an IEM. Thanks in advance.

Check out the Sony xba h3. Tremendous sound and good punchy bass at just $220 now from Amazon. Competes well against $600-700 IE800 or asg2.5 IMHO. Good "stepping stone" before you commit to higher end/priced c/iems.

May 27, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #10,168 of 10,743
Cheque out the Sony xba h3. Tremendous sound and good punchy bass at just $220 now from Amazon. Competes well against $600-700 IE800 or asg2.5 IMHO. Good "stepping stone" before you commit to higher end/priced c/iems.

For the money, that is actually a great idea - Hybrid for under $250. No worries about shoddy manufacturing either.

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #10,169 of 10,743
I was reading through the thread and realized that I shouldn't have done so. It made my wait for my JH13 FP all the more painful..

On a side note has anyone used these with the following? : (DAP) Sony ZX1 and iBasso DX90 ; (Cable) Effect Audio Crystal Piccolino and Toxic Cables

Hows the synergy for them with the JH13FPs? =)

Jun 1, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #10,170 of 10,743
I was reading through the thread and realized that I shouldn't have done so. It made my wait for my JH13 FP all the more painful..

On a side note has anyone used these with the following? : (DAP) Sony ZX1 and iBasso DX90 ; (Cable) Effect Audio Crystal Piccolino and Toxic Cables

Hows the synergy for them with the JH13FPs? =)

Just a personal opinion. You don't need all that stuff to make the 13's sound good. They sound great just out of my iPhone 5S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back