JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 15, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #9,376 of 10,743
Does anyone here find the jh13 a bit sibilant? I felt somewhere 8-9k region. I've been giving them 170+ hrs already and have no idea if the sibilant will subside a bit.. Compared to the hd800, i don't find any sibilance anymore on the hd800 after 650+ hrs

Thanks

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #9,377 of 10,743
Quote:
Does anyone here find the jh13 a bit sibilant? I felt somewhere 8-9k region. I've been giving them 170+ hrs already and have no idea if the sibilant will subside a bit.. Compared to the hd800, i don't find any sibilance anymore on the hd800 after 650+ hrs

Thanks

Yes. I thought I was the only one lol. But I'm constantly hearing "sczsczccs..." even on well mastered tracks that I know aren't sibilant on my HD800s and 650s. 

Glad I'm not the only one... but terrified if this will stay.

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #9,379 of 10,743
Quote:
I havent heard any sibilance on mine... What sources are you using?

Straight out of my phone and laptop as well as through my VentureCraft SounDroid Typhoon and my desktop rig (Modi/WA6). It's present in all these cases. Weird. :/

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #9,381 of 10,743
I had a lot of sibilance with my JH16, which was very different to what other people were reporting.

I cant say I hear sibilance with my JH13, in fact I would say that mine make the highs slightly creamier and less harsh than the original JH13. I can tell when a track is not very well mastered and where my other IEMs produce sibilance, the JH13 don't.

I have found that a number of factors can determine how sibilant\bright a track can sound - from the format of the music, to how well its been mastered, to the hardware I am using, to how well the CIEMs fit.

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #9,384 of 10,743
Is that an uber? How does it sound with you jh13?

Great! But Ive only spent a few minutes with the ubers (hard to move around with them) so I'm using silver/gold right now.

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #9,386 of 10,743
I'm sorry, but your 13 - piece of ****. Problems in the midrange, dismissed the background vocals, bloated bass (headphone manufacturers have generally been on live performances?). Perhaps headphones are designed for listening to genres such as rap and hip-hop? In that case, I take that back.

Source: CEntrance M8 w/ AK100; iphone5; ak100.

Too bad the money spent, but such a nerd like me does not stop and I am still in search of the ideal ciem for me.

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #9,387 of 10,743
I'm sorry, but your 13 - piece of ****. Problems in the midrange, dismissed the background vocals, bloated bass (headphone manufacturers have generally been on live performances?). Perhaps headphones are designed for listening to genres such as rap and hip-hop? In that case, I take that back.

Source: CEntrance M8 w/ AK100; iphone5; ak100.

Too bad the money spent, but such a nerd like me does not stop and I am still in search of the ideal ciem for me.

Evaluating the JH13 with an iPhone or AK100 is a bad idea because both gears have high output impedance that will cause distortions in a low impedance IEM like JH13. I use a RWAK100 which has less than 1 ohm of output impedance.

Also, make sure that your JH13 is properly fit into your ears. When I bought the JH13 for the first time, I didn't know plug them into my ears as deep as possible, so I didn't have a good first impression either. It was later that I realized that JH13 can dig further inside my ear by turning, and after that they sounded really amazing.

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #9,388 of 10,743
Quote:
Evaluating the JH13 with an iPhone or AK100 is a bad idea because both gears have high output impedance that will cause distortions in a low impedance IEM like JH13. I use a RWAK100 which has less than 1 ohm of output impedance.

Also, make sure that your JH13 is properly fit into your ears. When I bought the JH13 for the first time, I didn't know plug them into my ears as deep as possible, so I didn't have a good first impression either. It was later that I realized that JH13 can dig further inside my ear by turning, and after that they sounded really amazing.

I have a AK100 with RWAK mod. iPhone5 has low impedance output. Maybe it's because of poor workmanship. One earphone shorter than the other, the left ear strongly presses the outer side, a second very short and does not provide good seal while I move. It's a bad, because the ear impressions were made not for the first time and I know how to behave with it.

What's more surprising is frozen fingerprints on the shell. Great quality, guys! :D

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #9,389 of 10,743

Thanks

Yes. I thought I was the only one lol. But I'm constantly hearing "sczsczccs..." even on well mastered tracks that I know aren't sibilant on my HD800s and 650s. 

Glad I'm not the only one... but terrified if this will stay.

I had a lot of sibilance with my JH16, which was very different to what other people were reporting.

I cant say I hear sibilance with my JH13, in fact I would say that mine make the highs slightly creamier and less harsh than the original JH13. I can tell when a track is not very well mastered and where my other IEMs produce sibilance, the JH13 don't.

I have found that a number of factors can determine how sibilant\bright a track can sound - from the format of the music, to how well its been mastered, to the hardware I am using, to how well the CIEMs fit.

Looking at the old jh threads, lots of people have found the old jh13 and jh16 sibilant and the jh13fp are reported to be even brighter, if one reads the innerfidelity reviews. There will always be other folks who don't have a problem as well.

It's just something that people should be aware of if they have sensitivity and look elsewhere if that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back