JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 14, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #4,981 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll even do it out of the same amp, Gary
smily_headphones1.gif

In all seriousness, though, these things are the final nail in the coffin for the E-MU 0404s amp. Significantly less detailed and more muffled than the iphone 3g directly.

It would also seem I got a perfect fit the first time, likely because Thone from JH did my impressions at RMAF. Hopefully my wife's fit her as well as mine do me: I know she's rather nervous, having previously balked at spending $30 to get herself a pair of yuin PK3.

You should tell her that they only cost $50
smily_headphones1.gif

I was very quick to change the subject off of the JH13s after telling my wife about them before she could ask how much they cost...it was a very strategic conversation on my end
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #4,982 of 10,747
Wish I could. She bought them herself, but in looking at the brochure she asked me which one I got:

Sherwina: "Which ones did you get, again?"
Sherwood: "The 13"
Sherwina: "THE THOUSAND DOLLAR ONES?"
Sherwood: "I'll sell something."

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #4,983 of 10,747
Quote:

Wish I could. She bought them herself, but in looking at the brochure she asked me which one I got:

Sherwina: "Which ones did you get, again?"
Sherwood: "The 13"
Sherwina: "THE THOUSAND DOLLAR ONES?"
Sherwood: "I'll sell something."

WOW, that's made me LOL, hahahaha

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #4,984 of 10,747
So just out of curiosity, is the wife really into music? If so, was she like that before you guys got married or did you rub off on her? I always try to get my wife to listen to some of my good music finds but most of the time it's just in one ear and out the other (pun absolutely intended)
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #4,985 of 10,747
Quote:

A friendly man in a shiny brown truck just rang my doorbell with a big brown box. JH13, JH5 (for the missus), and a complimentary T-shirt.

See you guys again around Christmas

Going into seclusion to listen to music, eh?

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #4,986 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happybottle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So just out of curiosity, is the wife really into music? If so, was she like that before you guys got married or did you rub off on her? I always try to get my wife to listen to some of my good music finds but most of the time it's just in one ear and out the other (pun absolutely intended)
smily_headphones1.gif

His wife ordered the JH5Pro. What does that say?

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #4,987 of 10,747
She is, but her interest is post-marriage. She listened to terrible music in the background before she met me, but I am evidently persuasive. I fill her ipod for her, and at the end of the day she tells me what she liked and what she didn't.

Really, though, the JH's were an investment of sorts for her. She has major problems with universal IEMs, but we travel a great deal, and she would really like to have something to isolate her from all of that. She tried someone else's customs that nearly fit her (amazingly) and she loved them, so she jumped on the opportunity to have some made by the master.

I can't wait for her to try them on
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #4,989 of 10,747
We were all there at some point. I remember long ago agonizing over whether the ER-4p were worth the money over the ER-6i.

Even more out of character, I got the ER-6i, and wore them until they were totally destroyed.

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #4,990 of 10,747
Quote:

She is, but her interest is post-marriage. She listened to terrible music in the background before she met me, but I am evidently persuasive. I fill her ipod for her, and at the end of the day she tells me what she liked and what she didn't.

Really, though, the JH's were an investment of sorts for her. She has major problems with universal IEMs, but we travel a great deal, and she would really like to have something to isolate her from all of that. She tried someone else's customs that nearly fit her (amazingly) and she loved them, so she jumped on the opportunity to have some made by the master.

I can't wait for her to try them on
smily_headphones1.gif

That is great to share the experience. I look forward to reading her response to them.

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #4,991 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of curious note is that I find the isolation the JH13 provides to be significantly less than that of something like the Etymotic ER-4P. This is understandable as I used tri-flanges with the latter and was probably getting close to the advertised maximum 42dB of isolation as my canals and the tri-flanges went well together, like peanut butter and banana.

That said, I've never been in the "mere" -26dB ballpark before and noticed that it's substantially easier for me to carry on a conversation without taking the earpieces out as long as I just pause the music. I can even comfortably talk to someone with the earpieces in from about 10 feet away without either of us having to raise our voices. I know I have a great seal because the sound doesn't change and the relative isolation stays consistent even when I push the earpieces against my ears, and as the manual says it "balances a ball on its nose." Is this normal?

I find this comparatively mild (compared to Etymotic's excessive) seal to be advantageous, since I hated having to take the ER-4P in and out all the time.

I am so glad to read this because I was getting less isolation with the JH13s than I was with X10s and UM3X (both with Klipsch gels) but the music sounded just marvellous. I thought I had a bad fit and/or didn't fit the JH13s quite right (which, for me, took some learning).

I have a long flight coming up on Sunday and this will be the JH13s maiden voyage on a plane. Anyone with experiences on he relative isolation of the JH13s and noise on a plane? Should I take another of the IEMs with me just in case?

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #4,992 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am so glad to read this because I was getting less isolation with the JH13s than I was with X10s and UM3X (both with Klipsch gels) but the music sounded just marvellous. I thought I had a bad fit and/or didn't fit the JH13s quite right (which, for me, took some learning).

I have a long flight coming up on Sunday and this will be the JH13s maiden voyage on a plane. Anyone with experiences on he relative isolation of the JH13s and noise on a plane? Should I take another of the IEMs with me just in case?

I think you will have no problem as long as music is playing. However, I could hear some engine noise while listening to them when I sat right next to the plane's engine. But still, it was alright.

Oct 15, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #4,994 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
T-shirt?????? Where's mine??? I got a six-pack of Newcastle Brown!

I had to do some truly herculean flirting to get that shirt, kiwi. I earned it.

Oct 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #4,995 of 10,747
Quote:

I had to do some truly herculean flirting to get that shirt, kiwi. I earned it.

Please share your herculean flirting??? Or a well-kept stealth secret?? If not, we could all be proud owners of a new T-shirt!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back