JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 15, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #5,011 of 10,747
Sherwood: I am thinking of the solid green, blue or red so those pictures would be much appreciated.

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #5,012 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be happy to crank out some glamour shots in the near future, fellows, but I'm not sure how illustrative they will be.

Both my wife and I got dark, solid colors. Muddy Water Blue for me, and Chirt (forest greenish) for her. The inner working are all but completely obscured. That being said, the fit on both pairs was 100% perfect, and the acrylic seems to be a totally uniform consistency with a glossy finish -- very nice.

Oooh, I was thinking of muddy water blue for a while, that or triple blue. I'd love to see pics of both yours and your wife's when you get a chance, they don't even really need to be in focus
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #5,014 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually, i saw one which is being returned to jha - it had stretch marks, bubbles, inconsistent colouring and is a newer jh13pro. the customer took one look and decided to send it back.

*sigh* I guess I'll just wait some more. What matters most is the sound, of course, but it's like ordering a (very expensive) book from Amazon and receiving a torn, dog-eared, coffee-stained copy. It doesn't change the text, but I'd still send the book back.

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #5,015 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*sigh* I guess I'll just wait some more. What matters most is the sound, of course, but it's like ordering a (very expensive) book from Amazon and receiving a torn, dog-eared, coffee-stained copy. It doesn't change the text, but I'd still send the book back.

I'll tell you how mine comes out(artwork included) when it arrives by early next week. Macro shots are to be expected.

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #5,016 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually, i saw one which is being returned to jha - it had stretch marks, bubbles, inconsistent colouring and is a newer jh13pro. the customer took one look and decided to send it back.

That scares me..

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #5,017 of 10,747
Quote:

I'll also tell you how mine come out, as they're due early next week as well.

Someone has already written what I'm about to write in this thread, and I think it's true: not everyone who receives a JH13 Pro comes to this thread and writes about its quality. At this point in the thread (300+ pages), people who are less active on head-fi are less likely to write about their new JH13s if they work great right away, they have nothing to add. However, if they have a problem with theirs, be it fit, cosmetics, sound, they'll probably hop on right away to seek help. So at this point in the thread, you're mostly seeing people who have a problem with their JH13s, not just a random sampling of people who ordered them. Know what I mean? Sorry I just woke up and am having trouble writing this out as eloquently as I'd like...I have to try extra hard for someone with a doctorate in literature
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #5,018 of 10,747
Tied to my previous post, what do you guys think about creating a poll? "Did you have to send your JH13 Pros back for anything?"

That might not be as accurate for the same reasons I mentioned we're seeing a magnification of the refit issues, not everyone who has them will see that poll, but at least we'd get some sort of percentage.

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #5,019 of 10,747
Quote:

+1

Oct 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #5,020 of 10,747
I dove in head first, placed my order today and shipped off my impressions. Hoping to get a dark dark brown solid colour (Think very dark chocolate), with "JH Audio" on them in orange, with a black cord.

Truth be told, I'm MASSIVELY nervous. I've never had a IEM before. I'm freaked that they won't fit right, that I won't be able to get used to them, that there will be visible flaws in the mold... gah!

*Deep breath*

If they fit perfect, and sound at least 30% better than my 530s, however... I'll be a happy man.

Thanks to all the people on Head-Fi that answered (and continue to answer) all my questions.

Now the wait begins...

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #5,023 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by shredder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ever since the quality control from JH Audio has reportedly improved, has anyone had or heard of any poor molds / fingerprints and/or grease by the drivers in the headphones?

I bought a clear pair of JH13s with black cable (boring I know!) and having spent the last few minutes outside in the sun and looking at the mold, these are spotless with maybe some less-than-smooth molding where the ear piece bends in. But looking right through the two pieces I see no blemishes at at all. Really clean and clear.

Not sure if this helps. I am not sure a picture would capture the clear transparency and absence of any blemishes of my molds.

I did notice that there was a particular angle in the sun in which I could see this wonderful portrait of a naked......ooops.......never mind.....

These are sounding mighty fine.......

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #5,024 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by stick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Truth be told, I'm MASSIVELY nervous. I've never had a IEM before. I'm freaked that they won't fit right, that I won't be able to get used to them, that there will be visible flaws in the mold... gah!

*Deep breath*

How do you make it out to sporting events
tongue.gif
?

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #5,025 of 10,747
LOL

I'm already nervous about the olympics...
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously though, as a first time buyer of custom IEM's I'm really worried about a.) fit and b.) comfort (as in how long it takes to get used to something so invasive in your ear). If anyone knows of any articles in mags, or any threads about first time buyer experiences, I'd love to know.

Now I have to go worry about the Habs game
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back