JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 5, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #4,816 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to stop coming back to this thread while I'm waiting for mine to be made/ship. Jaime, ever the sweetheart, said they should go out before the end of the week. It's taking every ounce of strength I have not to call them and upgrade to overnight shipping
smily_headphones1.gif

We're taking the same path again.
icon10.gif

The K1000 and JH13 Pro should complete my setup.

Oct 5, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #4,818 of 10,747
Quote:

Gary, hello! I'm stopping by the apple store later tonight to pick up a 160gb classic -- see you there?

I just bought a 64 GB iTouch a few days ago.
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #4,820 of 10,747
Quote:

LOD and amp?

At the moment, I already reserved a RSA Shadow but I might change my mind later as I want my portable setup to be as portable as it can be.

Oct 5, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #4,821 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello

I just received my JH13 yesterday.
Unfortunatly, I was very unlucky with the fit.
On one ear, the connectors collide with the targus and that hurts. Also I do have the impression that the connectors prevent proper seating of the IEMs.
I have not hear back from JH-Audio yet with a suggestion what to do.
Can anybody advise what the best way is to solve something like this? Email?
Who is the expert there if the fit is not good?
Will I need to have new imprints done?
Since the connectos to not allow proper seating, I have to press the IEMs go get what I consider a good sound quality.
Otherwise, the mids are kind of damped.
This is a bit frustrating that the connectors are the problem.

Any suggestions how to best solve this with JH are highly welcome.

Cheers, Mikel

If you get a good seal/isolation with no cable attached, then you wont need new impressions, they can just re-do them in such a way that puts the connection farther out from the ear.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #4,822 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you get a good seal/isolation with no cable attached, then you wont need new impressions, they can just re-do them in such a way that puts the connection farther out from the ear.

awesome bit of information. i will keep this in mind, as i have long-since had the feeling that my ears were of a strange breed....this will be put to the test with my future impressions, of course.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #4,823 of 10,747
Which would you all prefer for JH13 use.

Triad Lisa III without LLP (I have alternate quality 24V PSU) or
Grace 902?

Grace is stuck to the desk whereas the Lisa has a semi portable use.
Greatest concern is hiss level and synergy.

Interested in thoughts before I pull the trigger.

Sceptre

Oct 6, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #4,825 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what Jaime told me last week. The wait is killing me!

Yeah, they had to take three days off to kick it with me, though. Well worth it -- I'm sure you understand.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #4,826 of 10,747
Right now iam using UE10Pro and thinking to upgrade with JH13Pro. But iam wondering if somebody can tell me how wide it's soundstage if compare to UE10Pro.

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #4,827 of 10,747
Can't compared to the 10, but I have UE11s, and it's not so much the idea of a bigger soundstage, since I never really have too much of a clue as to what we're really talking about with headphones and what's wide and deep and etc., but I can tell you that the overall imaging is significantly improved: you have a very real sense of where the instruments are, and with the example of a drum kit, where each part is; you have a definite sense of space that's unique to each recording (studio, live...and from where the show was recorded), and you have the feeling, real or not, that you are right there wherever there is. I've only experienced this before with a very few top-end rigs, but the one advantage the JH13s have over them is that if your fit is good, you do not have the weight and sensation of wearing headphones, so there's the added psychological disappearing headphone factor that isn't real, but nevertheless, oh so wonderful as it enhances the whole listening experience.

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #4,828 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Grace 902?

Sceptre

The JH13 should have less background hiss from amping than many IEMs. I listened to the demo JH13 with a CTH, which has slight background hum with my X10's, and the background was dead silent. (It sounded amazing BTW.)

Not sure about the synergy with the Triad or Grace. Grace makes all around great stuff though.

Oct 6, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #4,830 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Grace 902?

Sceptre

I have the Grace m902 and the HeadAmp Pico. There is noticeable hissing noise with the Grace m902. It's not terrible, but it's there. The Pico has nearly zero hissing, but the Grace m902 has better synergy. The Pico is a little more veiled sounding and soundstage is a bit compressed in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back