JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 7, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #4,847 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, does that mean we have to get two pairs of JH13 since we obvious wouldn't wanna swap cables like mad everyday and mess up the fastening sockets on the IEM.

I decided to use the JH13s as my main headphones right now so the balanced cable will be kept all the time
tongue.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #4,848 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jerry is going to send some demo units of the JH13 to me for the upcoming Houston meet that is coming up. Any differenced I should know about between the universals and customs that I should know about.... treble spike or something like that?

Anyway, look for more impressions in our meet thread in a couple of weeks. I will finally be able to try these out (since I got sick at CanJam and missed out there)!!!
biggrin.gif

Two difference I heard:

The 6 Khz treble spike is bigger and more audible on the universal fit version than it is with the final version where it tamed enough to only hear on test tones but doesn't seem to affect the music or add sibilance.

The universal version was difficult for me to get a good seal to evaluate the bass as well, and my final custom has more bass than the universal did.

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #4,849 of 10,747
Thanks, I will keep this in mind when listening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two difference I heard:

The 6 Khz treble spike is bigger and more audible on the universal fit version than it is with the final version where it tamed enough to only hear on test tones but doesn't seem to affect the music or add sibilance.

The universal version was difficult for me to get a good seal to evaluate the bass as well, and my final custom has more bass than the universal did.

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #4,850 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, does that mean we have to get two pairs of JH13 since we obvious wouldn't wanna swap cables like mad everyday and mess up the fastening sockets on the IEM.

Once something is wired balanced, it's easy to convert back the other direction with a TRS->XLR dongle. Have a big ass XLR connector and a dongle isn't ideal for portable use, but it works.

Oct 7, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #4,851 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once something is wired balanced, it's easy to convert back the other direction with a TRS->XLR dongle. Have a big ass XLR connector and a dongle isn't ideal for portable use, but it works.

Not a good idea to use the XLR converters. The weight will put a lot of pressure on the connectors, which may break any time.

BTW, just finish my single-ended 'desktop' rig for my JH13s
tongue.gif
Sounds like heaven.

3990564467_fda6713dce_d.jpg

3991320532_12aa537813_d.jpg

3991320426_80654865fd_d.jpg

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #4,853 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a good idea to use the XLR converters. The weight will put a lot of pressure on the connectors, which may break any time.

BTW, just finish my single-ended 'desktop' rig for my JH13s
tongue.gif
Sounds like heaven.

3991320426_80654865fd_d.jpg

Is the huge ferrite core really necessary?

Oct 7, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #4,855 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the huge ferrite core really necessary?

You can call it a 'cable shortening' device. The stock mini-mini cable that I got in the iQube package is pretty long. That's the best way I can think to make the stack neater.

The soundstage is much wider and bass also deeper when I use it
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #4,858 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided to use the JH13s as my main headphones right now so the balanced cable will be kept all the time
tongue.gif

Does that mean you think it beats your O2 then?

Oct 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #4,859 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone ever do another official writeup on the piccolino for the jh-13? Is it generally better or are people shilling? $800USD was it?

I am in the process of working with Wilson to setup a demo program so you guys can determine that for yourself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #4,860 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does that mean you think it beats your O2 then?

I no longer have the O2
frown.gif
The Stax stuffs are a big trouble as a dorm rig for me.
But no, the JH13 is still a step behind the O2 to my ears. It beats the HD800 quite easily though
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back