JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 8, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #4,861 of 10,747
Mine just arrived: clear with a black cable (nothing fancy!) and all in exactly a week from receipt of the impressions (with a Saturday and Sunday in between!).

I started with a 4G 60gb RWA iMod (lossless) --> ALO mini-mini --> P51

Only listened with these for about 90 minutes (Brahms symphony; opening of Bach B Minor Mass; Chopin Etudes) - after much wrangling with cursing and swearing to get these seated properly!- and the couple or so observations I have are the following. First, the instrument separation (side to side and in the middle and back and front) is truly remarkable. Second, related to the first point, I think, the soundstage is the best I have heard with an IEM (granted that I don't have a huge experience with these nor really high-end IEMs: SE310, X10s and UM3X, for example). Third, I found the highs to be a bit fuzzy and the lows in places not as deep as I would expect (didn't insert properly; poor source; other?), but I was so entranced by my first two observations, I didn't care!

I really think I have to learn how to insert these better.....or I need a deeper sound bore.

(By the way, I thought the instructions were really quite funny!)

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #4,863 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(By the way, I thought the instructions were really quite funny!)

At least you got instructions. My pair were a "learn by doing" sort of deal.
Since I had the UE-10's, there was no learning curve, but it seems that early responders got different "care packages" then current day patrons.

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #4,864 of 10,747
Yeah I received no instructions.. but I got the nicer CF box
biggrin.gif
Something for everyone

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #4,865 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since I had the UE-10's, there was no learning curve, but it seems that early responders got different "care packages" then current day patrons.

Happy to send you mine! There is some good humour in them!

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #4,866 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought bass extreme extension of both ends are the high points of the JH13...Perhaps it's your fit?

It's probably me and my fumbling around to make them fit. At first there was greater isolation but eventually they began to slip out of place a bit. I am sure i need more practice at fitting these into my ears. Unlike some, I experienced absolutely no discomfort inserting or wearing them. But they do feel different going in compared to gels!

I'd be curious as to what people think about the isolation compared with, say, Klipsch X10 and UM3X with Kilpsch gels.

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #4,867 of 10,747
Quote:

I also got a six-pack of Newcastle Brown (but without instructions for that!). Did you??????? Apparently the beer is to soak the cleaning tool!

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #4,870 of 10,747
Quote:

I also got a six-pack of Newcastle Brown (but without instructions for that!).

No, I'm a seasonal guy and got Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale. The instructions that came with it stated to "eat, drink, listen to my 13's and be merry!". Very merry
beerchug.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #4,871 of 10,747
Quote:

No, I'm a seasonal guy and got Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale. The instructions that came with it stated to "eat, drink, listen to my 13's and be merry!". Very merry
beerchug.gif

Well,I'd quibble a bit with your choice of ale, but not the merry part...just be careful with those IEMs around the drink. I quote from the GORGEOUS owner's manual that you all so envy: "Do not submerge your IEM or expose it to water. This will probably not come as news to you, but electronics + liquids = BAD. Beer included." See, they know you!

Of course this also means no showering, bathing, doing laundry or doing the dishes....... Ahh, the many benefits of wearing such gorgeous things!

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #4,872 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, but the custom itself, if I can judge from the picture, is flawless: not a scratch or a bubble, very clean and smooth. And this transparent blue is one of the nicest I've seen.

Hi Sinocelt,

Thank you for the comment on my 13pro.
Your word is very glad because I am not to be near the friend who owns 13pro.
Adam is said as follows.

"I assure you it will be to your satisfaction. "

I believe that 13pro of me becomes wonderful IEM now.
I am looking forward to the sound and Artwork of new 13pro.
When 13pro of me comes back from JH Audio, I will contribute the photograph to this thread.
gs1000.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #4,874 of 10,747
Quote:

common!

C'mon.

Quote:

Of course this also means no showering, bathing, doing laundry or doing the dishes.......

If I can't do the dishes or do laundry with my IEM's that that's a real deal breaker. That's the only reason why I offer to my wife to help do those things...
I consider those tasks, purely another musical listening session. If I end up with clean clothes too, well, that's just a perk!

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #4,875 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious, does JHAudio notify you when your impression gets there?

I'm sorry.
I am Japanese.
I do not understand your sentence well.
Could you contribute again in easier English?

My best regards.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back