JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 11, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #3,286 of 10,747
Sorry, guys... I'm one of the guilty ones who got the JH13's and haven't said a whole lot. I frankly don't feel like I have much to add, with the call on these being just about unanimous.

The JH13 has an amazing ability to reveal the true nature of a recording. My UE11 has great accuracy, but the JH13 goes a bit further and gives you a true sense of the exact vibrations that make up the original sound, in whatever original environment. Whether it's a bass guitar, singer, or cymbal, if it's well-recorded, it sounds amazing and makes my jaw drop. And with some of the electronic music I listen to, I get to exercise these things far into the highest and lowest ends of the spectrum. It simply sounds fantastic. All of it. Crystal clear and beautifully balanced.

I wish I had more to say... Even if some of us are a bit disappointed that there don't seem to be any significant negatives to speak of.

Sort of a downside: my other cans barely get any head time anymore! But it is, after all,

For the love of the music!

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #3,287 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Psss, btw, sorry for mistaking ya for a guy.

No problemo. I'm rather used to it and it doesn't bother me at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think there is a healthy interest in all the high-end customs when one owns one of them.

I do want to add that even IF the JH13Pro do turn out to be a little better than the ES3X, that does not make the ES3X a bad custom.

Agreed, though I have UE11s not ES3Xs. The UE11s are no less impressive just because the JH13s came out. I flat out prefer the JH13s, but enjoy and appreciate the UE11s when I'm listening to them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one of the consistent comments posted here about the JH13s that i find so intriguing is that they seem to sound good with virtually any type of music or quality of recording. many high end listening devices sound fabulous when everything is just right but can sound not so good when fed less than pristine material. the 13s sound like they avoid this pitfall making them incredibly versatile.

Yes and no. You'll be able to tell the difference between mp3 and lossless quite easily, and poorly mastered material still won't sound good. They still sound amazing with an ipod/iphone as a source and that's something.

Aug 12, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #3,288 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got mine today! My first IEM, so im still getting used to them.
The sound is lovely.

very nice....I was hopeful mine would be done soon but.....Adam contacted me today and my impressions wont work....

*%$@$#%@# audiolagst.....

Back I go....

Aug 12, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #3,289 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by podhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very nice....I was hopeful mine would be done soon but.....Adam contacted me today and my impressions wont work....

Back I go....

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that. Look at it on the bright side, it is much better to get them done properly the first time around (the actual JH13s is what I mean). BTW, did Adam tell you what was the problem?

Hang in there though, I am quite positive that they will be worth your wait!
smile.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #3,291 of 10,747
I generally listen to my music at very moderate volume, actually, always. But for some reason while l was just listening to Steely Dan's My Old School, I got a real urge to crank it up. Yes, for the first time since I got these over a month ago, I decided to "go to 11".

Holy $#!@ I can see how someone could go deaf with these things. They sound freakin' outrageous when you crank it up. Not even a hint of distortion out of my Pico.

Aug 12, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #3,292 of 10,747
"Originally Posted by podhead

Back I go...."

My first impressions weren't any good. They did not go up to the helix. So back I went. The good thing was I had sent the first one to get the ES3X. Then when I got my second impressions I started reading about the 13's. Well you can guess where the second set of impressions went.

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #3,293 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Originally Posted by podhead

Back I go...."

My first impressions weren't any good. They did not go up to the helix. So back I went. The good thing was I had sent the first one to get the ES3X. Then when I got my second impressions I started reading about the 13's. Well you can guess where the second set of impressions went.

Looks like it was a blessing for you
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #3,294 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotdoggie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that. Look at it on the bright side, it is much better to get them done properly the first time around (the actual JH13s is what I mean). BTW, did Adam tell you what was the problem?

Hang in there though, I am quite positive that they will be worth your wait!
smile.gif

I am certain you are right....but I cant wait!

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #3,295 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the reason for your impression not working?

I haven't been in touch with Adam for about a week.

He said my impressions looked like half impressions....
I had taken the tip sheet to the audiolagist and he read it so....I assumed he knew what he was doing. ( he did act a bit put out by me giving him directions
smile.gif
)
So Adam sent me pictures of good and bad impressions so I can show the audiolagist what they are looking for...basically they want the ear "full to the top" with the mold material.
Here is as attachment (if I can make it work) that Adam sent me.
The pink one is a good mold, the blue is a bad one...

Well, I was going to attach it but I cant seem to shrink it down enough...
I will keep working on it..

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #3,296 of 10,747
I've just got back from my audiologist as well and now after reading podheads post on 'half impressions ' I'm not quite sure if my set of impression is adequate :s . I'll post a pic later when I got home.

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #3,299 of 10,747
Quote:

The UE11s are no less impressive just because the JH13s came out. I flat out prefer the JH13s, but enjoy and appreciate the UE11s when I'm listening to them.

As a UE-11 owner, how should I take this comment with regards to an upgrade? I really enjoyed my UE-10s when I first got them (won them at Can Jam), and never went back to my Shure se530s. Then I bought the UE-11's, and never went back to my UE-10s. I recently tried out my UE-10s for old times sake, and they sounded downright muddy to my ears in comparison to the clarity of the UE-11s. I'm really tempted by the JH-13's, but if my UE-11s will still be enjoyable after hearing the JH-13s, how much better can the JH-13s really be?

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #3,300 of 10,747
Below is Adams Email...
if anyone wants pictures I would be happy to email you what Adam sent me, I just cant seem to get them uploaded very well here.

"When you get them done make sure that the
material is injected and then spread through the entire ear. Down to the
lobe and up to the top of your ear. When it is pulled out it should look
like your inner ear and outer ear. I have attached a few pics of a good
impression and a bad one. The pink is good and the blue is bad. If you want,
print these out and bring them with you to get your new set so the
audiologist can see the difference. And just to remind you we need an open
mouth impression. That will make all the difference in the world as far as
the fit goes. If you have any problems you can always call us while you are
there and we can walk through the process together. Any more questions
please email meor call".

Users who are viewing this thread