Is Head-Fi Witnessing The Rise Of Two New Kings
Jun 22, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #182 of 425
A thoughtful first post bk4music. It's good to see some commentary in amongst all of the barracking. I think that there are a couple of Grado's that sound rather nice too. Perish the thought! 
wink.gif

Jun 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #183 of 425
Brilliant first post bk4music, look forward to some more views.

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #186 of 425

Quote:
I was just leaving a simple quick thought. Just like i could make a simple quick thought about how i feel narrow minded for researching a headphones for more than six months.  I have to work crazy hours of back breaking work leaving me sweaty and sometimes bloody when i get home for work.  I just want an amazing headphone to come home from work to listen to.  Even if that means saving up all my pennies and dimes after feeding the family and paying the bills for a long time.   I try finding other things to read about since my physical activities are limited after wearing myself out from work but when i hear you guys post impressions about your headphones, that is just as important for me trying to visualize what you're saying as it is for you guys to actually hear them.  I was just posting a quick though like i said. Wasn't actually expecting much of a response out of it.  Especially since what i say doesn't have as much meaning compared to what you guys have to say.
Hopefully i pick the right one based off of what i have to read coming from you guys since their aren't anyway to get facts. If not i spent a lot of wasted time and precious money.  Thanks

The most grounded and sincere thing I've read in my 8 years of frequenting this place. My hat off to your, sir.

Jun 22, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #187 of 425
Getting back to the orthos, and their new Kingdom... (and laughing at my new avatar!)

I'd like to know if the orthos's have the punch that certain other phones have.. (grado's)..  who said that...?  From what I've read and understand is that the orthos offer a more clear but distant sound (intangible?) rather than rounded and "earthy" - in the middle of the band sound. Or am I completely wrong.

busy listening to the beatles, and those old recordings sound soooo right with the RS1i's. I cant imagine any better?  

Jun 22, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #188 of 425
Your avatar reminds me of when you go to a strip club, you always know who the virgins are.
tongue.gif

Jun 22, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #189 of 425

Quote:
Your avatar reminds me of when you go to a strip club, you always know who the virgins are.
tongue.gif

hah! I knew I knew you from somewhere
wink.gif

and I still cant thank you enough, for de-flowering me.
tongue.gif

Jun 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #191 of 425

Quote:
Mental note:  virgin's don't have noses,........check!  lol
Thank you Lord Mike.  

I used to know a bird who didn't have a nose.... twas cocaine abuse though... and she defo wasn't a virgin. 

(which thread is this again??)
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #192 of 425

Quote:
You can say it is the FOTM, but it has been out for over a year now and is gaining more and more momentum. Think how fast the FOTM status fell off other headphones like the T1 or HD800. There was as many people that disliked them as liked them. It dosent seem to be that way with the lcd2. While there are people who dont like them, it seems like it is 75/25 for the like/dislike. (pure speculation).

If you read through the LCD thread you will see there have been certain relentless promoters over the entire span of the thread.

Quote:
I'm waiting for the LCD-3. 
cool.gif

Me too.  The light weight plastic versions. 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
DigitalFreak said:
Well you've seemed to have your mind made up. If you don't mind me asking considering the T1 is known to have a hot treble and the ED8 and LCD 2 are known to have an all around smoother sound isn't the T1 a completely different animal? In my mind the T1 should be more in line with the HD800 and the Grado PS1000. Do you mind explaining to us why you would lump the T1 in with the ED8 and LCD2 and why not maybe look into a mid level Stax instead of a T1?

Not necessarily true.  There seems to be two versions of the T-1 out there at the same time.

My first T-1s were overly bright and bass light, but my new ones are quite the opposite and more like 650s with the veil removed, a better, clearer mid range and a really well articulated bass, better than the 650s and not quite so dominant.

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #194 of 425

Quote:
If you read through the LCD thread you will see there have been certain relentless promoters over the entire span of the thread.

True, but every FOTM has had its shills or promoters, but there popularity still start to trail off over time. I usually try to get the feel of the people that arent promoting for a more down to earth average of its likability. You have to read between the lines, or in this instance, between the threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back