Is Head-Fi Witnessing The Rise Of Two New Kings
Jun 20, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #151 of 425
An with that last comment I think it may be time for me to interject my own comment. No names being mentioned, I hope the last post above me has sent the message home to all members on this thread causing all parties concerned to take a step back from their computers take a deep breath and grin. Headphones are just that headphones and nothing more. Although I commend anyone who finds a certain audio product that to them is perfect and do respect their thoughts I myself as an individual would still question if that same product is truly as perfect as someone thinks. In the end when something as subjective as music is involved I doubt there will ever be any audio product that will ever be perfect. To me as far as hi fi is concerned imperfection is a blessing in that I can't help think that If there was a truly perfect audio product in existence what a boring hobby this would become. For me the true fun from hearing great music in all it's mid to high end glory comes from the journey and being able to sample all the different idea's people and companies implement in an attempt to capture that one magical moment when the music in the minds of it's listener truly becomes almost completely perfect. Fortunately absolute perfection is impossible and it's the word's "almost perfect" that saves this hobby from becoming a dry uncreative graveyard. For me the ultimate reward isn't the gear but the journey and the opportunity to experiment and learn what works for me and what doesn't work for others and why. The greatest joy I experience from hi fi is that moment when a certain song I've heard a million times suddenly touches me and I hear it as "almost perfect".

Gentlemen I respectfully ask everyone on this thread to please calm down and show mutual respect toward one another. Spirited debate is welcome but when debate begins to creep towards needless argument then it's time to take a step back and relax.

Jun 20, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #152 of 425

Quote:
An with that last comment I think it may be time for me to interject my own comment. No names being mentioned, I hope the last post above me has sent the message home to all members on this thread causing all parties concerned to take a step back from their computers take a deep breath and grin. Headphones are just that headphones and nothing more. Although I commend anyone who finds a certain audio product that to them is perfect and do respect their thoughts I myself as an individual would still question if that same product is truly as perfect as someone thinks. In the end when something as subjective as music is involved I doubt there will ever be any audio product that will ever be perfect. To me as far as hi fi is concerned imperfection is a blessing in that I can't help think that If there was a truly perfect audio product in existence what a boring hobby this would become. For me the true fun from hearing great music in all it's mid to high end glory comes from the journey and being able to sample all the different idea's people and companies implement in an attempt to capture that one magical moment when the music in the minds of it's listener truly becomes almost completely perfect. Fortunately absolute perfection is impossible and it's the word's "almost perfect" that saves this hobby from becoming a dry uncreative graveyard. For me the ultimate reward isn't the gear but the journey and the opportunity to experiment and learn what works for me and what doesn't work for others and why. The greatest joy I experience from hi fi is that moment when a certain song I've heard a million times suddenly touches me and I hear it as "almost perfect".

Gentlemen I respectfully ask everyone on this thread to please calm down and show mutual respect toward one another. Spirited debate is welcome but when debate begins to creep towards needless argument then it's time to take a step back and relax.

Wow. Incredibly well said my friend, and I agree completely.

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #153 of 425
What I said earlier, on Page 2 of this thread:

Quote:
And one other thing -- I'm getting sick of the "you didn't adequately power them" argument when it comes to the orthos.  It seems like anyone who speaks out against the orthodynamic headphones immediately and automatically gets hit with this compulsory argument.  A Head-Fier who speaks negatively about an ortho headphone could have powered it with a flux capacitor (1.21 Gigawatts!), and still someone would accuse them of not providing enough juice for the headphones.  Take negative comments about the orthos for what they're worth -- believe it or not, it is conceivable that some people simply may not care for them, myself included.

And now:

Quote:
I think the complaints about the orthos comes from amps with sub-par power.  I know a good chunk of the forum loves tube amps, but I believe there are only very few that can actually fully power an HE-6.

Here we go again...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #154 of 425
I kind of agree, although I really like orthos a lot myself.  I don't see it as all that hard to get the power they need/want.  HE-6s sound fine on an amp that puts out 1.25W RMS, it might be a little congested out of an amp that is 1.25W Peak.  In any event the quality of the power seems to me to be equally as important as anything else.

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #156 of 425

Quote:
I definitely don't have the money to audition as many headphones as some of you guys have but it's funny just reading these replies.  I can take a step back and laugh at how you guys are arguing over ___________________Headphones_____________!!!!lol  i am not being mean lol lol lol . It's just making me giggle.  I totally 100% respect you guys ALOT but also envy you. Another thing real quick is that some of you have more than one pair of headphones lol.   You must really love your headphones giggle smrk.  I love my headphones even though i don't have any but i laugh at my self and feel embarassed about my obsession with headphones.  
It was off topic i know, i just really wanted to mention it.  Thank you guys for all the awesome feedback. 
Im going to go read more about headphones since i don't have any to listen to like you guys do lol.

LOL, I own over 50

Jun 20, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #157 of 425

Quote:

Sod that. We're audiophiles, this is what we do!

I think all of the orthos and hd800's, T1's etc are overpriced. I bet none of them are much, if any better than a slighly modified 650 with a good amp. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

popcorn.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #159 of 425

Quote:
I have the LCD-2 and its probably the best headphone out there

well that wasn't subtle....
rolleyes.gif

Very funny Lugbug.  Now some nub is going to take and exacto to his 650 and dynamat it to death.  
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #160 of 425
I definitely don't have the money to audition as many headphones as some of you guys have but it's funny just reading these replies.  I can take a step back and laugh at how you guys are arguing over ___________________Headphones_____________!!!!lol  i am not being mean lol lol lol . It's just making me giggle.  I totally 100% respect you guys ALOT but also envy you. Another thing real quick is that some of you have more than one pair of headphones lol.   You must really love your headphones giggle smrk.  I love my headphones even though i don't have any but i laugh at my self and feel embarassed about my obsession with headphones.  
It was off topic i know, i just really wanted to mention it.  Thank you guys for all the awesome feedback. 
Im going to go read more about headphones since i don't have any to listen to like you guys do lol.

You come here and laugh at us with nothing in hand.........?

Festus, lock him up. :D

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #162 of 425

Quote:
why are they using grado style headbands ? so uncomfortable

Not exactly but that's the least of the comfort problems for me.  At least it has a piece of foam under the band.  

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #163 of 425
I'll have both of these headphones here in a couple of days

I'm very curious on how (un)comfortable these will exactly be.

Chose HE-500 over T1, but am a bit concerned about comfort.

Jun 20, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #164 of 425
Interesting thread.

For those that prefer either the HiFiMan series or LCD2's over the Beyer T1's, could you please explain a little why. I ask just because I've been saving up for the T1's, but now I'm not so sure...I love the civilized yet exciting sound of my Beyer DT880's (but wanting to take it to the next level, hence the T1's), but I've also been beguiled by the electrostat-hybrid speakers I've heard by Innersound and Martin Logan. Are we talking a comparable sound from these headphones under discussion here?

I'm still looking for that best all-'rounder.

Jun 20, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #165 of 425
I was just leaving a simple quick thought. Just like i could make a simple quick thought about how i feel narrow minded for researching a headphones for more than six months.  I have to work crazy hours of back breaking work leaving me sweaty and sometimes bloody when i get home for work.  I just want an amazing headphone to come home from work to listen to.  Even if that means saving up all my pennies and dimes after feeding the family and paying the bills for a long time.   I try finding other things to read about since my physical activities are limited after wearing myself out from work but when i hear you guys post impressions about your headphones, that is just as important for me trying to visualize what you're saying as it is for you guys to actually hear them.  I was just posting a quick though like i said. Wasn't actually expecting much of a response out of it.  Especially since what i say doesn't have as much meaning compared to what you guys have to say.
Hopefully i pick the right one based off of what i have to read coming from you guys since their aren't anyway to get facts. If not i spent a lot of wasted time and precious money.  Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back