Is Head-Fi Witnessing The Rise Of Two New Kings
Jun 23, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #196 of 425

Quote:

Too many people have reported overly bright and bass light T-1s for it to be just my pair.

USG

Thought I read something about serial numbers +4k to be the 'new' version according to some. But I think I also read about people very recently buying new T1's, finding them a bit hot on treble. (offcourse it's subjective and relative)

Alghazanth, you're experiencing hot treble also don't you? What's your T1's serial number? And what's your s.n. USG?

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #197 of 425

Quote:
Thought I read something about serial numbers +4k to be the 'new' version according to some. But I think I also read about people very recently buying new T1's, finding them a bit hot on treble. (offcourse it's subjective and relative)

Alghazanth, you're experiencing hot treble also don't you? What's your T1's serial number? And what's your s.n. USG?

3xxx

I don't know what to make of it at this point man. I thought it was my HDP, but then none of my other cans (aside from HD800) are overly bright with it at all, one guy here told me the treble was way too much, another said there was zero sibilance, nothing definitive. 

If the 4K+ ones are different, wouldn't Beyer tell us? Audeze told us when the pads were changed after all. 

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #198 of 425
Odd about the T1...I always regarded this can to be amongst the LCD2, HD650 and even K701 in treble power, ie very neutral.  I found the D7000s and HD800s very unnaturally piercing in treble.  The HF2s are nice bright to me, don't know how they are called dark by many, the K701 is warmer through the mids and darker in treble than the HF2.

Perhaps people consider what I call as uppermids categorised as treble, which in musical scales is technically correct, but treble for me is the treble knob on the amplifier.

Anyway, I welcome the planar revolution - they're incredible and dynamics can't compete in accuracy and tranparency.  From what I've read...from Skylab, because he actually knows what he is talking about not like most around here.

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #199 of 425

Quote:
Odd about the T1...I always regarded this can to be amongst the LCD2, HD650 and even K701 in treble power, ie very neutral.  I found the D7000s and HD800s very unnaturally piercing in treble.  The HF2s are nice bright to me, don't know how they are called dark by many, the K701 is warmer through the mids and darker in treble than the HF2.

Perhaps people consider what I call as uppermids categorised as treble, which in musical scales is technically correct, but treble for me is the treble knob on the amplifier.

Anyway, I welcome the planar revolution - they're incredible and dynamics can't compete in accuracy and tranparency.  From what I've read...from Skylab, because he actually knows what he is talking about not like most around here.

I always though it had neutral treble too, until I heard the HE500, which has a very similar sound but with definitely neutral highs. A/Bing it with the T1, the T1 was indeed a bit sibilant/hot in treble. Not sure why more people with other high end cans don't notice this. 

The LCD-2 is not treble neutral..

I too found the D7000s and HD800s a bit too bright, but not piercing. That's the DT990 and SR225i. 

Orthos are a step above all the dynamics without a doubt, though for me they both have their place. 

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #200 of 425

Quote:

I always though it had neutral treble too, until I heard the HE500, which has a very similar sound but with definitely neutral highs. A/Bing it with the T1, the T1 was indeed a bit sibilant/hot in treble. Not sure why more people with other high end cans don't notice this. 

The LCD-2 is not treble neutral..

I too found the D7000s and HD800s a bit too bright, but not piercing. That's the DT990 and SR225i. 

Orthos are a step above all the dynamics without a doubt, though for me they both have their place. 

So long as it aint sibilant than its neutral enough for me in the treble...as a reference to understand where I am coming from, the LCD2 extend further into the treble than the K701 can dream of.  The day I hear real life as sibilant is the day the HD800 and D7000 is neutral in treble.  Heck even stereotypical males of certain sexual persuasion wrongfully stereotyped for exaggerating sibilances don't sound so bright...

Jun 23, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #201 of 425

Quote:
3xxx

I don't know what to make of it at this point man. I thought it was my HDP, but then none of my other cans (aside from HD800) are overly bright with it at all, one guy here told me the treble was way too much, another said there was zero sibilance, nothing definitive. 

If the 4K+ ones are different, wouldn't Beyer tell us? Audeze told us when the pads were changed after all. 

I think I was the zero sibilance guy. Honestly I haven't heard any sibilance with my T1's. Thing is I bought them with Black Dragon cable fitted. I took them to the last UK meet and no one commented on any sibilance.

There might be something in this two kinds of T1.

serial no1412

Jun 23, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #202 of 425

Quote:
...Anyway, I welcome the planar revolution - they're incredible and dynamics can't compete in accuracy and tranparency.  From what I've read...from Skylab, because he actually knows what he is talking about not like most around here.

Shakes head in disbelief.

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #204 of 425

Quote:

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #205 of 425
Jun 23, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #206 of 425

Quote:
To me, treble starts around 5k, a bit after the last piano note.

That kind of leaves out the treble clef in music, doesn't it?

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #207 of 425
Jun 23, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #208 of 425
That kind of leaves out the treble clef in music, doesn't it?

Good point, it was on a chart I remember seeing though. Could you point me to a good reference chart?

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #209 of 425
This thread seems to be headed in the wrong but expected direction.

Anyway, I chose the HD800 in the end but consider myself an Ortho fan.  Looking forward to an LCD3 if it materializes.  I'd like to hear the HE500 but reports of the HE6 being the 'better' phone don't encourage me.

Jun 23, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #210 of 425
The he500 is a great can. I cant decide which I like better, the lcd2 or the he500. I havent heard the he6 yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back